WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

  • You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 25 - @ Drake

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    People can believe whatever they want, but I still think this team has tons of future potential. Offense looked great for 35 minutes of the game. It's coach Jake, the defense will get there, but that was the glaring weakness in this one

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by MNpanthers View Post
      Man no one tell Drake that they beat a bottom third Valley team at home. I know it's a "rivalry" but these players out here celebrating like they just made the big dance
      That's Drake baby. That's Nick McGlynn. That's how they roll.
      Winning is more fun than losing.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by MNpanthers View Post
        Man no one tell Drake that they beat a bottom third Valley team at home. I know it's a "rivalry" but these players out here celebrating like they just made the big dance
        Maybe their fans read the kool-aid posted here and think UNI is good.

        Drake coach should be coach of the year. Filled his roster at eleventh hour. Lost his PG and has them in third place.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by MNpanthers View Post
          Man no one tell Drake that they beat a bottom third Valley team at home. I know it's a "rivalry" but these players out here celebrating like they just made the big dance
          They’ve been doormats for yrs. they have a young coach from a successful program in creighton that’s talking big things. Loyola showed the valley is wide open annually and in-state UNI has failed to take advantage of tourney success. They see a future that includes them and we gave it to them tonight

          Comment


          • #35
            Going to give up on Thursday avoidance. This team doesn’t have it in them and it will make me less frustrated watching them completely panic at the end of every game.

            I try not to call out individual players, but AJ should not be in for the final stretch. Great player, but hasn’t learned how to finish a game at this level yet.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by run&blade View Post

              Maybe their fans read the kool-aid posted here and think UNI is good.
              Aaaaaaaaannnnd right on que...

              Like stink on s***
              Winning is more fun than losing.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by UNIGrainer View Post
                Going to give up on Thursday avoidance. This team doesn’t have it in them and it will make me less frustrated watching them completely panic at the end of every game.

                I try not to call out individual players, but AJ should not be in for the final stretch. Great player, but hasn’t learned how to finish a game at this level yet.
                I'll have to respectfully disagree, but i see where you're coming from.

                I think he's actually had a couple games now where he was able to keep us in it, he nearly singlehandedly forced ISUr into OT. He knocked down a couple nice shots late (too late...) in this one, but he also took some bad shots when we really needed slow down and find good looks. Lots of other issues that caused us to lose this one though

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Mudrafan View Post

                  Said that all year. Jacobsen is a guard oriented coach. It’s a miracle he plays any bigs and sometimes he doesn’t
                  Can you please learn how to spell our coach’s name?
                  "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Born-a-Panther View Post

                    Can you please learn how to spell our coach’s name?
                    In the heat of the battle, I’m close enough. But let’s face it. That isn’t really your issue with me

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Born-a-Panther View Post
                      Can you please learn how to spell our coach’s name?
                      that is quite simply the least of Mudras worries.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        So close again tonight. If the guys can straighten out the one or two rough stretches that come up every game we could start to see the results we all expect. I just hope that happens before it’s too late to avoid Thursday.

                        Ty continues to look better. Shooting is better overall. I haven’t given up on this team being able to figure it out before getting to STL.

                        Pass me another purple kool-aid.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by Neighbor View Post

                          that is quite simply the least of Mudras worries.
                          Yeah. Carry out the ineptness if the staff on me. That’ our problem

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Might be Jake's best offensive month ever.

                            Unfortunately, by far his worst defensive team.

                            That sweep against SIU is going to be a killer all said and done. Also, Bradley is the best team in the league right now. Very, very reminiscent of UNI, circa 2016.
                            #MACtion

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by MNpanthers View Post
                              People can believe whatever they want, but I still think this team has tons of future potential. Offense looked great for 35 minutes of the game. It's coach Jake, the defense will get there, but that was the glaring weakness in this one
                              https://www.google.com/search?q=goin...dHSapSGPcY_-M:

                              You're in total denial.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by run&blade View Post

                                Drake coach should be coach of the year. Filled his roster at eleventh hour. Lost his PG and has them in third place.
                                Absolutetly. There isn’t even a close second. It wasnt just his PG, but also the guy that made that entire team go. They’re still playing decent ball without him.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X