WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 25 - @ Drake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When Luke is defending, I think we do best when the offensive post isn't allowed to dribble (Isaiah, Tywhon, or Trae sticking their hand in the dribble).

Comment

Originally posted by Mudrafan View Post

I and others saw it differently and that’s good enough for me. I couldn’t care less what you think as my opinions don’t answer to yours and I’ve forgotten more about basketball than you’ll ever know
      I'm not giving you an opinion, that's the facts of what happened. Like I said, can easily be confirmed and is documented for the world to see on the ESPN website. That's not you having a different opinion, that's you completely ignoring the reality of the situation. You can literally go there and see how every single possession ended for that game. I did that, it didn't fit your argument AT ALL, and you're still trying to argue. YOU'RE WRONG, GET OVER IT.

Comment

Originally posted by Wxcpanther View Post

I'm not giving you an opinion, that's the facts of what happened. Like I said, can easily be confirmed and is documented for the world to see on the ESPN website. That's not you having a different opinion, that's you completely ignoring the reality of the situation. You can literally go there and see how every single possession ended for that game. I did that, it didn't fit your argument AT ALL, and you're still trying to argue. YOU'RE WRONG, GET OVER IT.
        I’m not wrong. Now go away as you are beyond starting to annoy me and I have far better things to do than this.

Comment

Don't try and confuse mudra with reality. He's gotten so giddy with every loss that he's living his own fantasy.
          Number of times on Sports Illustrated cover:
          Ben Jacobson coached teams = 2
          UNI teams coached by everyone ban thinks is better = 0

Comment

Originally posted by Mudrafan View Post

I’m not wrong. Now go away as you are beyond starting to annoy me and I have far better things to do than this.
            You have given zero facts to defend your argument, I give you facts to support my argument and disputes yours, but I'm the one who is wrong. Fascinating. Also, you replying within 10 minutes to my previous post tells me you in fact don't have anything better to do

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
              Alluded to up thread but you know what solves all these problems? Austin Phyfe.
              Yep. We need Phyfe back next year. If he can't play we are in a world of hurt again.

Comment

Originally posted by DownGoesKansas View Post

Yep. We need Phyfe back next year. If he can't play we are in a world of hurt again.
                Truthfully, not saying it would be ideal, but I think we would be ok without him. We have good size coming in next year. That plus AJ, Ty, and Trae having another offseason under their belts, we can overcome it. Certainly would rather redshirt those guys and have Phyfe and Biggie at 100% though.

Comment

Originally posted by DownGoesKansas View Post

Be interesting to see how people react when he's taking a couple three point shots a game.
                  Number of times on Sports Illustrated cover:
                  Ben Jacobson coached teams = 2
                  UNI teams coached by everyone ban thinks is better = 0

Comment

Originally posted by catsize View Post

Be interesting to see how people react when he's taking a couple three point shots a game.
                    I know who you're referring to but he's a good shooter. Will continue with our ability to space the floor.

I don't think its been said enough. WE ARE THE MOST EFFICIENT OFFENSIVE TEAM IN THE VALLEY IN LEAGUE PLAY.

Once we figured the new system out, we've been excellent. Really since the Grand Canyon game. I fully trust Jake to fix the defense down the stretch and into next year. I'm WAY more optimistic than I was a month ago.
                    #MACtion

Comment

Comment

I know who you're referring to but he's a good shooter. Will continue with our ability to space the floor.

I don't think its been said enough. WE ARE THE MOST EFFICIENT OFFENSIVE TEAM IN THE VALLEY IN LEAGUE PLAY.

Once we figured the new system out, we've been excellent. Really since the Grand Canyon game. I fully trust Jake to fix the defense down the stretch and into next year. I'm WAY more optimistic than I was a month ago.
                        We are 10-15 (5-7).

We are 21-28 in the Valley the last 3 seasons. We are 5-26 on the road the last 3 seasons.

I would love to have some of that optimism that you are having, if you have any to spare please send it over cause I am in desparate need.

UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
                        iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

They should be quite happy because a lot of them will be going in.

Comment

Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post

We are 10-15 (5-7).

We are 21-28 in the Valley the last 3 seasons. We are 5-26 on the road the last 3 seasons.

I would love to have some of that optimism that you are having, if you have any to spare please send it over cause I am in desparate need.
                            If we weren't playing hard or if we were getting blown out all the time, it would be one thing. We're seriously 4 buckets away from being 9-3.

Incredibly young team that gets another influx of talent next year with Phyfe and Croft back and Henry and Carter ready to contribute right away. Plus, imagine the step forward AJ takes next year after having a full year under his belt and knowing where he needs to improve. The future is crazy bright.
                            #MACtion

Comment

If we weren't playing hard or if we were getting blown out all the time, it would be one thing. We're seriously 4 buckets away from being 9-3.

Incredibly young team that gets another influx of talent next year with Phyfe and Croft back and Henry and Carter ready to contribute right away. Plus, imagine the step forward AJ takes next year after having a full year under his belt and knowing where he needs to improve. The future is crazy bright.
                              100%. Imagine if we had won the game at Loyola, or Illinois State, or literally just one of the MVC road games (we were within a possession or two on all of them with 5 minutes to go). Think how much of an impact that would have had on the rest of the year. The guys are so freaking close, and this mirrors 13-14 TO A T. Offense was really good, efficient, but defense didn't match it. The pieces are there, they're really close, call it rose colored glasses if you want, but they're right at the doorstep.

Comment

If we weren't playing hard or if we were getting blown out all the time, it would be one thing. . The future is crazy bright.
                                Agree.
                                One of the aspects of getting experience as a young team is learning how to win. How to take control and dominate. I remember Jeremy Morgans first year. He would get called for so ny fouls I thought he would never make it. Well, he matured and improved and now he's a professional ball player.

It takes time and if we see shades of improvement I'm ok with a year of growth.

Comment

Working...
                                X