WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 25 - @ Drake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by UNIGrainer View Post
    A lot of "alternative facts" from Mudra in this thread.

I agree with both sides of the coin as to the current state and the future being bright. We are 10-15, and 8-15 against DI teams. The season has been objectively bad, there is no way around it. And it has been bad for three years. We haven't been able to do anything on the road and have been just OK at home. For three years.

But I also see that the potential is there if all of the pieces come together next year like they could. It is a big IF, but there is talent there. If all four of the guys we expect to be new contributors next year are able to do so, and AJ makes a big jump next year (not a crazy idea for a true freshman), and Pick is completely healthy. Throw in a more consistent Berhow and Haldeman. The silver lining to Phyffe's injury is that McDonnell developed a ton more than he would have as well and should be able to contribute more next year. Yeah, there is a ton of potential there. A lot of similarities to 13-14 to be sure.

Not too optimistic about this year though. Looking like a Thursday team. If we can get to 7-7 at the end of this week, maybe we can crawl our way out. Anything less and we are probably sunk.
    Congrats on earning the herd mentality award for the day

Comment

• Originally posted by Wxcpanther View Post

Phyfe has experience. He was playing double digit minutes more often than not in conference play last year, and if you look at his kenpom numbers on every single one his ratings got better in conference play. Fouls called went down, fouls drawn went up (both per 40 minutes), shooting percentage went up. Let's also not forget he had 20-8 in 23 minutes against Valpo at home last year. Kid can really play once he gets his feet back under him a bit. Carter I'd be confident could play right away because his body is ready for NCAA punishment. Henry probably will be as well, but I'd be fine with a redshirt year for him to get more weight on, same for Betz. Carter is a Marvin Singleton carbon copy, 6'6" 235 and he's a high school senior. Croft I've seen some highlights, but not a lot. Can really get to the rim and is reliable enough from 3 that you have to guard him there. He will take a lot of pressure off of AJ. Let's also not forget it's possible, perhaps not likely, that Miles gets another year. We all saw how well they were playing with him in the starting lineup before he went down, he was the x factor
      I don’t see miles being much of a factor with all that returns

Comment

• Originally posted by Mudrafan View Post

I don’t see miles being much of a factor with all that returns
        Completely fair point, if nothing else though him still being around the team, another quality player to go at AJ or Spencer or Croft in practice is really valuable. I think part of the reason the 14-15 team was so good is there were guys that didn't get to play who were really good players, Max Martino comes to mind. That's a guy who could have provided quality minutes on other UNI teams, but that team was so deep he couldn't crack the rotation. Having a quality practice guy like him was really beneficial, and I think Miles at worst could provide the same thing

Comment

• Originally posted by Mudrafan View Post

Congrats on earning the herd mentality award for the day
          Does consistently belittling and insulting other people and their viewpoints ever really work for you, either on this board or anywhere else in your life?

Comment

Working...
          X