WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 28-@Missouri State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game 28-@Missouri State

The importance of this game can't really be overstated. Win, and we likely have the inside track to avoiding Thursday and having a real chance in St.Louis. lose, and we will have a real uphill battle to avoid the opening night of Arch Madness.

Originally posted by Wxcpanther View Post
    The importance of this game can't really be overstated. Win, and we likely have the inside track to avoiding Thursday and having a real chance in St.Louis. lose, and we will have a real uphill battle to avoid the opening night of Arch Madness.
    Not really. 2-2 is most likely going to avoid Thursday (76.3% chance) so, while this would be a great win and I like the matchup due to style, calling this a 'must win' to avoid Thursday is wholly inaccurate.

#MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

Not really. 2-2 is most likely going to avoid Thursday (76.3% chance) so, while this would be a great win and I like the matchup due to style, calling this a 'must win' to avoid Thursday is wholly inaccurate.
      It may not be a must win to avoid Thursday, but I would call it a "must win" in the confidence department. Winning two in a row on the road with a couple home games coming up and it sets the stage for these guys to really start believing they can run the table in STL. I don't think there has been a 3 game win streak yet this year, but it would be nice to have one before going to STL where it would be a requirement in order to keep playing basketball this spring.

Comment

I didn't realize the numbers had swung that much in our favor after last weekend, that's incredible. The fact that we could still (longshot) end up with a top 3 seed is absolutely insane.

Comment

Maybe true, but I still think this game is extremely important. Win, and we are sitting pretty good for PIG avoidance.

If we lose, we are sweating bullets, we would need to win 2 of last 3, home vs Valpo, home vs Loyola, and away vs Indiana State. It's doable, but even if we win 2, you are saying we are likely to be safe, but not even close to a lock at 76%. I'm not ready to roll the dice with our luck this season, and I doubt we will win all 3 of those games

Comment

I'm just saying we don't need to go all into meltdown mode if we lose this one against the team playing the best ball in the league right now. Would a win be great? Absolutely. Would a loss make us an automatic Thursday team with no hope? Absolutely not.

Honestly, a win tomorrow night and you can start realistically talking about a share of a regular season title.
            #MACtion

Comment

Honestly, a win tomorrow night and you can start realistically talking about a share of a regular season title.
              Between this winter weather and this conference season, I don't think we're going to be forgetting this season anytime soon. I feel like everything is just madness at this point.
              "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

Any update on Ty?

We need him for this one.
                UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
                iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

Today's WCF Courier article says Jake "hoped to have a better feel for his status going into Monday's practice."

Comment

With the huge log jam this close to the end of the season, does anyone know how the tie-breakers work? Obviously head to head is first but after that i cant remember.

Comment

Originally posted by GoPanthers85 View Post
                      With the huge log jam this close to the end of the season, does anyone know how the tie-breakers work? Obviously head to head is first but after that i cant remember.
                      Head to Head
                      Round Robin within the tie
                      NET Ranking
                      #MACtion

Comment

Shhhh, seems like every time you start this kind of talk we immediately go in the tank. Just kidding. But seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by UNIGrainer View Post

Shhhh, seems like every time you start this kind of talk we immediately go in the tank. Just kidding. But seriously.
                          I am terrible luck. Its one of the great things about being me...
                          #MACtion

Comment

Score prediction:

UNI 69
                            MSU 61

Comment

I am terrible luck. Its one of the great things about being me...
                              We've talked about this in other messages

Your luck is nothing on mine, to the point you've messaged me about me needing to turn the game off
                              Last edited by clenz; 02-19-2019, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X