WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 31-@Indiana State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game 31-@Indiana State

Just win the game boys.
    UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
    iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

I think the teams still playing well has a lot of momentum. I echo that...Just Win

Comment

Outside of us winning, which I believe guarantees us of not playing Thursday, what are the scenarios we need to happen if we were to lose?

I believe that an Illinois State loss at SIU keeps us out of Thursday, are there any other games of consequence that could affect us?
      UNI FIGHT

Comment

Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post
        Outside of us winning, which I believe guarantees us of not playing Thursday, what are the scenarios we need to happen if we were to lose?

I believe that an Illinois State loss at SIU keeps us out of Thursday, are there any other games of consequence that could affect us?
        If UNI loses on Saturday:
        -and Illinois State beats SIU = UNI 7 seed
        -and SIU beats Illinois State = UNI 6 seed (guaranteed if Loyola beats Bradley, based on NET tiebreaker over Illinois State if Bradley upsets Loyola)

Comment

If UNI wins on Saturday:

-and Illinois State beats SIU:
          ---and Drake beats MSU = UNI 3 seed
          ---and MSU beats Drake:
          ------and Loyola beats Bradley = UNI 4 seed (or 5 seed if Illinois State passes UNI in NET)
          ------and Bradley beats Loyola = UNI 5 seed

-and SIU beats Illinois State:
          ---and Drake beats MSU = UNI 4 seed
          ---and MSU beats Drake:
          ------and Loyola beats Bradley = UNI 5 seed
          ------and Bradley beats Loyola = UNI 6 seed

Clear as mud, right?!

Comment

Funny thing is if we win, we probably want SIU to lose. Since we're 0-2 against them, it'll help us in the round robin tiebreaker. Especially if Missouri St loses. If that's the case... (I haven't looked at everything we'd need) we might end up in the 3 seed yet.

edit - ok the 2nd post from Hacksaw beat me to it.
            To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

I'd prefer Missouri State in the first round. Make it happen Hacksaw....

We're so in Dana Ford's head...
              #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
                I'd prefer Missouri State in the first round. Make it happen Hacksaw....

We're so in Dana Ford's head...
                I would prefer anyone but SIU.

Comment

Originally posted by hoopfan View Post

I would prefer anyone but SIU.
                  I'm not scared of SIU. Both times we played them was before our re-found defensive focus and stretch of solid play. We are a lot different now.

I have also stated in the past I did not like that 3-6 late game on Friday but it may actually be a positive this year, especially if ISUr is the 7 seed coming out of Thursday. They could very well knock off whoever the 2 seed is and playing them for their third straight game would be a bonus if we have to come out of the 3-6.

Let's just win on Saturday, get some rest and focus on playing Friday-Saturday-Sunday the next week.

Comment

Originally posted by CyCarp View Post
                    Funny thing is if we win, we probably want SIU to lose. Since we're 0-2 against them, it'll help us in the round robin tiebreaker. Especially if Missouri St loses. If that's the case... (I haven't looked at everything we'd need) we might end up in the 3 seed yet.

edit - ok the 2nd post from Hacksaw beat me to it.
                    To avoid being in a tiebreaker with SIU, we want them to do the opposite of whatever we do. If we both lose we are #7. If we both win we can’t get to #3. It should make for some interesting scoreboard watching since we both play at 1:00pm.

We’ll know our Thursday fate by 3:00. If we avoid Thursday, we’ll wait until 7:00 to see how the rest shakes out.

Comment

Just to keep it simple, I want SIU to lose.
                      We can't get #2 no matter what. So just don't end #7. 3-6 is equal. Only #1 and #2 have the advantage of playing a Thursday (tired) team.

Comment

Originally posted by sivert View Post
                        We can't get #2 no matter what. So just don't end #7. 3-6 is equal. Only #1 and #2 have the advantage of playing a Thursday (tired) team.
                        We want SIU to win. If they win, that guarantees us a top 6 seed.
                        UNI FIGHT

Comment

Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post

We want SIU to win. If they win, that guarantees us a top 6 seed.
                          Yes. My bad.

Comment

Originally posted by sivert View Post
                            I might be wrong, but I thought I read somewhere that a #3 seed has never won Arch madness. If so, lets avoid that as well.

Comment

Originally posted by GoPanthers85 View Post

I might be wrong, but I thought I read somewhere that a #3 seed has never won Arch madness. If so, lets avoid that as well.
                              Or be the first to do it.

Comment

Working...
                              X