WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

  • You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MVC Awards

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • MVC Awards

    MVC all conference and other awards will be rolling out this week. AJ is gotta be a lock for FOY right? Any chance the voters screw that up?

    Maybe a chance AJ gets 2nd team, Isaiah on defensive team? Spencer 6th man?
    UNI FIGHT

    Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
    iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

  • #2
    AJ has to be FOY and should be 1st team but will be 2nd team. If we wouldn't have lost the two games this last week, you couldn't have left him off the 1st team.

    Isaiah will be All-Defense. I'd imagine Pippen will be DPOY. Spencer is the only logical candidate for 6th man. The league's benches did not have a great year collectively.

    I think it shakes out like this--

    First Team-
    Townes (POY)
    Krutwig
    McGlynn
    Da Silva
    Fletcher

    Second Team-
    D Brown
    Green
    Yarbrough
    Pippen
    Key

    Hon Mention-Fayne, Ellingson, Smits, Riley

    POY-Townes
    DPOY-Pippen
    NCOY-Da Silva
    FOY-Green
    6th Man-Haldeman
    COY-DeVries
    Most Improved-McDonnell
    #MACtion

    Comment


    • #3
      I agree for the most part, my only change is McGlynn wins POY.

      Comment


      • #4
        AJ Green. THIRD team. For real??
        "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

        Comment


        • #5
          The 0.8 assist/turn over ratio I don't think did him any favors, but definitely should have been on the 2nd team over Ellingson!

          Comment


          • #6
            Clayton Custer was put on the 3rd team. I just can't even fathom that.
            #MACtion

            Comment


            • #7
              Wow. Custer and Green on the THIRD team. Unreal.
              Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
              Victory for U-N-I!

              Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
              - George Halas

              Comment


              • #8
                Not all that surprising if you look at his stats. He is down quite a bit in every stat from last year, especially in assists. Last year he was over 4 a game and this year he is at about 2.5

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by GoPanthers85 View Post
                  Not all that surprising if you look at his stats. He is down quite a bit in every stat from last year, especially in assists. Last year he was over 4 a game and this year he is at about 2.5
                  He is saying that he should not be on any team what so ever.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by achrist70 View Post

                    He is saying that he should not be on any team what so ever.
                    Got it. I took it as he should have been higher. My bad. To go from player of the year to shouldn't have made an all-valley team is quite impressive, and not in a good way.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Don't be shocked if AJ doesn't win Freshman of the Year or if its close. For some reason this league and its media have a massive hard on for Jovon Freeman. I don't get it. He's a nice player but he isn't in AJs world. Plus he came from the Chicago Public league so he HAS to be better than the skinny white kid from Cedar Falls.

                      They put Freeman on the All Defense team. Astonishing.
                      #MACtion

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        AJ on 3rd team is such a joke

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          The only reason I think AJ has won the award is because he was on the All Newcomer team as well as All Freshman, the only freshman to do so, also he was 3rd team and Freeman wasn't.

                          Now AJ should of been 2nd team, but that is a different debate.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by GoPanthers85 View Post

                            Got it. I took it as he should have been higher. My bad. To go from player of the year to shouldn't have made an all-valley team is quite impressive, and not in a good way.
                            Yep, that's the way I intended it - AJ should have been 2nd, Custer not at all. How do they end up in the same spot?
                            Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
                            Victory for U-N-I!

                            Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
                            - George Halas

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
                              Don't be shocked if AJ doesn't win Freshman of the Year or if its close. For some reason this league and its media have a massive hard on for Jovon Freeman. I don't get it. He's a nice player but he isn't in AJs world. Plus he came from the Chicago Public league so he HAS to be better than the skinny white kid from Cedar Falls.

                              They put Freeman on the All Defense team. Astonishing.
                              Freeman did lead the MVC in steals, him getting that didn't surprise me. Gotta imagine it is him, Za, or Pippen for DPOY.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X