WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

  • You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game#33 Drake MVC Semi final

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Game#33 Drake MVC Semi final

    Drake already short on healthy players may or may not have MVC defensive player of the year Nick McGlynn due to an injury.

  • #2
    It's a rare Arch madness match-up between UNI and Drake. I'm greatly looking forward to it!

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Codytwo View Post
      It's a rare Arch madness match-up between UNI and Drake. I'm greatly looking forward to it!
      Have we ever played Drake in the MVC tourney before?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by UNIChippewa View Post

        Have we ever played Drake in the MVC tourney before?
        I think this is correct:

        2010 Quarterfinal: #1 UNI 55, #8 Drake 40
        2001 First Round: #10 UNI 59, #7 Drake 53
        2000 First Round: #10 Drake 58, #7 UNI 57
        1993 Quarterfinal: #5 Drake 63, #4 UNI 58


        Comment


        • #5
          We held them scoreless for an hour, literally, in that 2010 game.

          And if you mention those Sam Weaver-Kurt Kanaskie matchups again, I'm going to get PTSD. It's amazing that either of us got all the way up to 7th.
          #MACtion

          Comment


          • #6
            St.Louis bound in less than 2 hours! Jake doesn't lose after Friday in St.Louis. if someone doesn't knock Jake out on Friday, good luck.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by dragon View Post
              Drake already short on healthy players may or may not have MVC defensive player of the year Nick McGlynn due to an injury.
              Short on healthy players - that’s the understatement of the year. Drake now has 5 or 6 healthy scholorship players on roster, if I heard right.

              One of their regular rotation guys is Sturtz, a walk on. He’s one of those rare situations where a walk on plays regular minutes and is a solid contributor. From what I’ve read about Krogmann, it’s possible we may see the same from him a few years down the road.

              Also, Drake lost McGlynn in the first half. They held serve on their lead for the entire remainder of the game. With the talent on their roster, what’s that say about Illinois State???
              Last edited by SteinPizza; 03-09-2019, 09:00 AM.

              Comment


              • #8
                I haven't heard anything on McGlynns status, but we started as a 1.5 point dog and are now a 1.5 point favorite.
                To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by CyCarp View Post
                  I haven't heard anything on McGlynns status, but we started as a 1.5 point dog and are now a 1.5 point favorite.
                  If you really think mcglynn isn’t going to play then...i will be stunned if he doesn’t. He’s more likely to have the game of his life than not play. Seen this one before

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I'd be surprised if he doesn't at least try to go. Effectiveness and lateral movement is another issue. If he can't move laterally, McDonnell is going to kill him.
                    #MACtion

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      He's out for the remainder of the tournament per Drake's Twitter. Grade 2 MCL sprain.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Mudrafan View Post

                        If you really think mcglynn isn’t going to play then...i will be stunned if he doesn’t. He’s more likely to have the game of his life than not play. Seen this one before
                        McGlynn is out for the remainder of the tournament. The stars are aligning guys!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          And with that news we're now 3 point favorites.
                          To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
                            I'd be surprised if he doesn't at least try to go. Effectiveness and lateral movement is another issue. If he can't move laterally, McDonnell is going to kill him.
                            Mcdonnell is going to. Ok boss. Time to get your subtleties in👍

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Mudrafan View Post

                              Mcdonnell is going to. Ok boss. Time to get your subtleties in👍
                              Luke's constant movement on the offensive side of the ball with those screens would make it really difficult for a guy that can't move their feet. McGlynn is out anyway so it doesn't really make a difference.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X