WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNI MBB offseason thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ceaser150 View Post
    Brady Ernst is transferring from Florida Gulf Coast. Wasn't he someone we recruited?
    I think this next stop will be his 4th school.
    Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blue42 View Post

I think this next stop will be his 4th school.
      Yepp. Iowa State, Indian Hills, FGCU, and wherever he goes next lol

Comment

• Originally posted by UNIGrainer View Post
        What I don't get about the whole public/private thing is that Wichita is a public school. Murray seemed more like a like-for-like replacement than Valpo. Just like Loyola had similarities to Creighton when they came in.
        Plus, like Wichita, Murray is not a state!

Comment

• Originally posted by Wxcpanther View Post

To answer your first question, twitter. I follow most of the MVC beat writers so when something happens involving one of those teams, I'll probably see it. As far as this post, we have JD, Phyfe, Luke, and Biggie all back next year with Henry, Betz, and Krogmann coming in. We don't need another post player and don't have a scholarship anyway.
          I was just kidding about Smits ending up here, and I know we don't have a scholarship. We may not need any post players as far as quantity but it's hard to argue the overall quality he would bring if we did have the availability. He would automatically become top dog out of that group.

Comment

• Originally posted by PantherAlum09 View Post

I was just kidding about Smits ending up here, and I know we don't have a scholarship. We may not need any post players as far as quantity but it's hard to argue the overall quality he would bring if we did have the availability. He would automatically become top dog out of that group.
            I really don't think that Phyfe is getting enough credit for what he's capable of. Kid is a hybrid of JD and Luke with him having the frame and finishing ability of JD, plus the ability to pass the ball/stretch the floor to the 3 point line of Luke. He's going to be a really special player here, heck our first glimpse of that was last year when he scored over 20 points in his first start AGAINST SMITS AND VALPO.

Comment

• Just listened to the "On Press Row" podcast from the Monday after the MVC tourney and a couple of interesting things (I apologize if these have been brought up already):

1- Phyfe has had '5 or 6 good weeks' and has been doing workouts, which is great news. Happy for him and his family.

2- Tray Croft who had been suspended, but is back doing some team activities. He apparently has been doing well could be fully reinstated by end of semester and participating in summer workouts. I thought he was redshirting for academic reasons, did I miss/forget a suspension?

Comment

• Originally posted by BobCat View Post
                Just listened to the "On Press Row" podcast from the Monday after the MVC tourney and a couple of interesting things (I apologize if these have been brought up already):

1- Phyfe has had '5 or 6 good weeks' and has been doing workouts, which is great news. Happy for him and his family.

2- Tray Croft who had been suspended, but is back doing some team activities. He apparently has been doing well could be fully reinstated by end of semester and participating in summer workouts. I thought he was redshirting for academic reasons, did I miss/forget a suspension?
                The Croft thing is all the same issue. All one big related deal. I'm confident that he'll be a full go as soon as this semester is over and will be a full participant in summer/fall workouts.
                #MACtion

Comment

• Really interested to see what Croft can do for us. He scored 1,600 pts in two seasons at Iowa Central, and averaged 28 ppg on 45% shooting last year. Eye popping numbers.
                  UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
                  iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

• I just saw on twitter "Just learned that Andrea, the UNI men's basketball strength and conditioning coach, left and went home to Italy and wont be returning next fall." From a steve bakker. I don't know if he's active on here or not.

Comment

• Unrelated
                      Watching this Wofford team, I wonder if their offense is anything like what Seth is trying to install at UNI. There's a ton of movement, screenings, handoffs, and of course threes.
                      Side note; their PG #5 beres a strong resemblance to Ali.

Comment

• Originally posted by orangetennis View Post
                        Unrelated
                        Watching this Wofford team, I wonder if their offense is anything like what Seth is trying to install at UNI. There's a ton of movement, screenings, handoffs, and of course threes.
                        Side note; their PG #5 beres a strong resemblance to Ali.
                        I thought the exact same thing 😂😂

Comment

• Originally posted by Wxcpanther View Post

Yepp. Iowa State, Indian Hills, FGCU, and wherever he goes next lol
                          you are forgetting that he actually signed with Xavier then got mad when they recruited and took a transfer that played the same position so he reneged

CLINTON — Brady Ernst is headed for the Big East Conference.

Comment

• Originally posted by user1 View Post

you are forgetting that he actually signed with Xavier then got mad when they recruited and took a transfer that played the same position so he reneged

But it was never his fault...

Comment

• Originally posted by user1 View Post

I'm all for kids/students doing what they feel is best for themselves, but it's pretty obvious we dodged a bullet with him

Comment

• I know we don't have a scholarship available for next year, but I thought this was interesting...

Western Michigan transfer Bryce Moore tells me that schools that have reached out include Stanford, Missouri, Bradley, Northwestern, Northern Iowa, Butler, IPFW, Chattanooga, Creighton, Oregon State, Nevada, Northern Kentucky, Rice, Loyola, Florida Atlantic and Montana
                                To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

Working...
                                X