WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNI MBB offseason thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mudrafan View Post

I’ve been here since 2004. You since 15. Try again. And you only highlight a post from months ago but ignore everyone else. Again, I talk about UNI athletics while you and others choose to personally attack me. Why is that allowed. Nevermind, I think I know the answer to that one. There are a significant number of old posters that no longer come on here because it’s turned into woodstock. Funny how strikingly different the culture is on the football board by comparison. It’s just the opposite there
    What's so wrong about being younger and posting on this forum? We haven't earned the right to opinion like you have because you're old? You talk poorly of new panther fans like adding younger people to the forum that are hooked on UNI hoops is a bad thing. As if you didn't fall in love with the Panthers after you went to college here too? Good riddance to the older fans if that's how you all feel.

Comment

• Originally posted by MNpanthers View Post

What's so wrong about being younger and posting on this forum? We haven't earned the right to opinion like you have because you're old? You talk poorly of new panther fans like adding younger people to the forum that are hooked on UNI hoops is a bad thing. As if you didn't fall in love with the Panthers after you went to college here too? Good riddance to the older fans if that's how you all feel.
      Millennials! (Shakes fist in the air).

Comment

I graduated nearly 25 years ago and have loved the Panthers since a handful of years before that. Having a lot of posts or joining the board longer ago doesn't make me any wiser or more important here. Anyone trying to drive away younger Panther fans from contributing here because they don't like being called out for being a negative grouch could probably just leave without any decline in the quality of the board.
        Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
        Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
        - George Halas

Comment

• Kimmons has some serious hops to make up for being undersized. Without a doubt the most athletic player since Washpun if we land him.

He could be alot of fun to watch if he bulks up even more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mudrafan View Post

I’ve been here since 2004. You since 15. Try again. And you only highlight a post from months ago but ignore everyone else. Again, I talk about UNI athletics while you and others choose to personally attack me. Why is that allowed. Nevermind, I think I know the answer to that one. There are a significant number of old posters that no longer come on here because it’s turned into woodstock. Funny how strikingly different the culture is on the football board by comparison. It’s just the opposite there
            Mudra, you of all people shouldn't be calling people out for personal attacks. You literally called me an idiot or a moron, one or the other, in a game thread just a couple of weeks ago. I have been reading this site since 2004 and finally decided to join this year and I can tell you it's not much different on the football site. Instead of UNI supporters calling each other out it's typically UNI supporters calling out fans who post here from other schools -- LakesBison being the prime example. It absolutely blows me away that you of all people would be offended by someone calling you out when your constant negativity towards others is spewed throughout thread after thread on this site. If you want to cry about it go ahead, but you're not getting any sympathy from me or many others on this board.

Back to the subject though, Kimmons would be a great get. He's athletic and can get into the paint fairly easily. He has a good rise on his jump shot and is quick enough to get it whenever he wants. He seems to be defensive-minded as well which would be an added bonus. I hope there is some good news soon. My only worry is that I felt this exact same way about McCloud when he was coming in and we all know how that went.

Comment

• Hey guys,

We can stop with the dick measuring contest. If you don't want to see stuff from certain posters, use the ignore feature or take your squabble to PM. We're clogging up a thread with real information with bull****.

Regards,
              PN
              #MACtion

Comment

• Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
                Hey guys,

We can stop with the dick measuring contest. If you don't want to see stuff from certain posters, use the ignore feature or take your squabble to PM. We're clogging up a thread with real information with bull****.

Regards,
                PN
                Thank you.
                "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

Never said that at all. Words being put in my mouth

Comment

• Originally posted by DecadePanther View Post

Back to the subject though, Kimmons would be a great get. He's athletic and can get into the paint fairly easily. He has a good rise on his jump shot and is quick enough to get it whenever he wants. He seems to be defensive-minded as well which would be an added bonus. I hope there is some good news soon. My only worry is that I felt this exact same way about McCloud when he was coming in and we all know how that went.
                    The obvious remedy to your worry above is to have a few guys like this on the roster, not just one. Forever it seems like when UNI does land a player with this skill set, the program is content with having a single guy (the Wes/Deon years are the exception). Damn near every other D1 team in the country has at least a couple of quick guards, even the bad teams. The coaches may not be content with that, but for whatever reason are stuck at one player. Or none.

Comment

• Kimmons just committed, he’s a Panther. Really nice pickup this late in the game.
                      UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
                      iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

• Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post
                        Kimmons just committed, he’s a Panther. Really nice pickup this late in the game.
                        Alright! Let's go ladies and gentlemen. I think next season is going to be a good one!

Comment

• Well done by the staff. Kid should see the floor right away.
                          #MACtion

Comment

• Go Panthers! Wow what a nice quick process. Decommits from Idaho State and commits to us in all of 48 hours.

3 years of watching him and AJ ball out. We should have the best backcourt in the Valley for a while

Comment

• It’s funny how people think players are just going to come in and play right away They have to learn a lot and be a good fit with the team. I hope he can play right away but a lot of work to accomplish.

Comment

• Does this mean we’re not going to pursue Bowen Born in 2020?

Comment

Working...
                                X