WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNI MBB offseason thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 101-64 win today

Last edited by CyCarp; 08-04-2019, 07:04 PM.
    To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

• Originally posted by MNpanthers View Post
      @UNImbb on twitter released a minute long highlight reel. The editing is ridiculous but there's a nice dunk by Berhow and a lot of deep 3 pointers
      Link please???

Comment

• Originally posted by orangetennis View Post

Link please???

Comment

• Originally posted by MNpanthers View Post
          @UNImbb on twitter released a minute long highlight reel. The editing is ridiculous but there's a nice dunk by Berhow and a lot of deep 3 pointers
          A UNI social media presence? Looks like I need to lay off the cough syrup.

Comment

• Actually the social media content for the start of football camp and the BB trip to Italy has been really good.
            Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

• Derek Netten (director of B.B. Operations) just tweeted that he has accepted a new position as President of Iowa Sports Supply.
              Wish him great success.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blue42 View Post
                Actually the social media content for the start of football camp and the BB trip to Italy has been really good.
                Yes it has. I've been very impressed - and thankful for it.
                "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

• Hopefully the hot shooting continues all the way through March (or April).

Comment

Actually the social media content for the start of football camp and the BB trip to Italy has been really good.
                    And the preseason social media campaign for soccer started today. It’s long over due.

Where is this coming from, so out of the blue? I don’t recall any new hires named to manage the social media or did they finally get the right student(s)?

Comment

• Originally posted by FOTY View Post

And the preseason social media campaign for soccer started today. It’s long over due.

Where is this coming from, so out of the blue? I don’t recall any new hires named to manage the social media or did they finally get the right student(s)?
                      I've heard, and this goes back to MBB videos last year, it's up to the staff to produce the videos

Last year I know more than a couple of the videos were filmed by coaches on their phones and posted by them. The video for the black out game with AJ, Dahl and I think it was Berhow was the players idea so there was something in social media for it. It was filmed by (IIRC) Netten on his phone and then posted by him. If it wasn't for the players deciding to do it and film it, it wouldn't have been done

Sounds like this isn't an entirely different situation other than being given the music and running panther graphic to include

Maybe there is a touch more AD staff involved, but not sounding like a ton more

Still great to see all the content coming out
                      Last edited by clenz; 08-05-2019, 09:54 PM.

Comment

• Yea hopefully this continues. Honestly it really doesn't take a while lot...
                        To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

• Has someone reached out to them to thank them? A little recognition can go a long ways for some people.

Comment

• Originally posted by clenz View Post

I've heard, and this goes back to MBB videos last year, it's up to the staff to produce the videos

Last year I know more than a couple of the videos were filmed by coaches on their phones and posted by them. The video for the black out game with AJ, Dahl and I think it was Berhow was the players idea so there was something in social media for it. It was filmed by (IIRC) Netten on his phone and then posted by him. If it wasn't for the players deciding to do it and film it, it wouldn't have been done

Sounds like this isn't an entirely different situation other than being given the music and running panther graphic to include

Maybe there is a touch more AD staff involved, but not sounding like a ton more

Still great to see all the content coming out
                            ​​​​​​Well that sounded like a whole lotta conjecture.

These football camp videos aren't coaches using their phones. The quality is very good.

Just can't bring yourself to say someone in the Athletic Dept is doing a good job?

Comment

​​​​​​Well that sounded like a whole lotta conjecture.

These football camp videos aren't coaches using their phones. The quality is very good.

Just can't bring yourself to say someone in the Athletic Dept is doing a good job?
                              I have - on social media many times. Though DMs even. I've talked to multiple members of the AD through DMs more than a couple times to ask questions about things, give some corrections I've seen, and tell them when things are going well/improving. I won't produce screen shots here - but other members of PNs have seen the screen shots of me telling them I like the changes/improvements.

It's not a whole lotta conjecture....I have first/ hand/direct sources that have seen these things happen at practice/on the road/etc. I've heard these things from.

If you want me to say the coach I've heard doing it for football it's Justin Roeper. That's from a person that saw it being filmed. This athletic department isn't filling open spots of people who did video work (Van Dorn). There is the university photo taking photos, maybe grabbing some of the action video. The interviews with coaches and players is being done by the staff. I'm not saying there is nothing from the department, but so much of what has been posted by MBB and other teams from last winter has been team/staff driven.

Going back to last basketball season remember those uniform phone backgrounds that were done? That was Netten and the BOP for WBB doing those.

Vidoes like this? UNImbb/status/1097172097590325248?s=20 (had to do that to get around PN not letting links. Put twitterdotcom/ infront of the UNIMbb part for the link. Done by Netten on the road.

This one? Also Netten
                              UNImbb/status/1095495073305935872?s=20

The players talking about hot dog night to get fans to the game? The staff and the players deciding to do it, record it and post it
                              UNImbb/status/1093249237872193537?s=20

Telling fans what time the game is on in Springfield
                              UNImbb/status/1088158863961018369?s=20

It's great we are getting video. We are getting better graphics. I'm all for that. I'm happy to see it. Even if it means coaches recording it. Maybe the department will start filling media staff and doing more stuff.
                              Last edited by clenz; 08-06-2019, 09:37 AM.

Comment

• Is Roeper editing the videos everyday, adding the music and the graphics? Instead of coaching 4 young QBs? C'mon man.

Comment

Working...
                                X