WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNI MBB offseason thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Blue42 View Post
    Is Roeper editing the videos everyday, adding the music and the graphics? Instead of coaching 4 young QBs? C'mon man.
    You're right.

I'm making this up. Everything I said is made up. I have no information. I just like making up stories.

Comment

• You know Roeper's in several of the videos, right?

​​​​
      Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blue42 View Post
        You know Roeper's in several of the videos, right?

​​​​
        And people have acted in movies they've directed and filmed...

The presence has been increased. Maybe staff is getting more involved as the year goes on, but it has been driving heavily by players, player parents and coaching staffs. If the staff is now more involved and at practices doing things, then great to hear.
        Last edited by clenz; 08-06-2019, 01:02 PM.

Comment

• A need for increased social media presence was brought to the athletic administration's attention during the men's bball season last year. This came from fans, donors, players, parents. This also came after a very high turnover situation - needing to replace SIDs and other support staff. Hopefully now that everyone's had time to adjust, we'll see this throughout the upcoming school year.
          "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

• If only we could get the weekly show that followed the team around back. That was such a fun, unique look at the team.
            To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

• Originally posted by Born-a-Panther View Post
              A need for increased social media presence was brought to the athletic administration's attention during the men's bball season last year. This came from fans, donors, players, parents. This also came after a very high turnover situation - needing to replace SIDs and other support staff. Hopefully now that everyone's had time to adjust, we'll see this throughout the upcoming school year.
              So I was at a Panther Football practice this past weekend, enjoying the beautiful weather. There was a gentleman there not part of the staff with a video camera. He was very active taking football videos and snapshots while talking to players. He introduced himself to the new Panther Jesse Smith, but unfortunately I couldn’t hear his name. I got the feeling he was part of the SID staff. He was there the majority of practice and was really in the mix of things. So it definitely appears that someone was listening when the University received the above feedback.

Comment

• Originally posted by Superninja80 View Post

So I was at a Panther Football practice this past weekend, enjoying the beautiful weather. There was a gentleman there not part of the staff with a video camera. He was very active taking football videos and snapshots while talking to players. He introduced himself to the new Panther Jesse Smith, but unfortunately I couldn’t hear his name. I got the feeling he was part of the SID staff. He was there the majority of practice and was really in the mix of things. So it definitely appears that someone was listening when the University received the above feedback.
                Wait...it wasn't the QB coach?!?!?
                Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Superninja80 View Post

I have personally reached out to administration to offer them positive input and relay some of the positive comments I'm receiving and seeing via multiple social media outlets. They were very appreciative to hear that people are enjoying the social media efforts, and made comment that there are a few key staff members "working their tails off."

I know the SIDs office is very heavily involved. Since my mom was the SID for so long - but during the days before social media was a thing - I can't imagine the amount of hours this adds to their work load. My mom worked brutal hours seven days a week and didn't have social media to contend with on top of it. All that being said, when you see things that you enjoy or appreciate, leave a comment, give a "like" or some sort of positive encouragement and acknowledgement.
                  "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

• Does anyone know if the European trip is over? I have seen results for 2 games but assumed they would be playing more games than that.

Comment

• Won game 3 by 50. No highlights or anything from social media on it - which seemed strange given the first two games.

I believe they are home now.

Comment

• Coach spoke at TC's tailgate in Des Moines last night. Sounded like a nice trip to Italy overall and they feel great having the extra practices and time together. He mentioned Phyfe/Pickford being fully healthy. Said AJ/Spencer were phenomenal and showing another level of toughness. Young guys got to play a lot of minutes and the competition overall was bad.

Comment

• Jeff Goodman got some comments from Jake as well:
                          Northern Iowa’s Ben Jacobson on his team’s trip to Italy:

Standout(s):

AJ Green - “Has improved in all areas. Very good assist/turnover. Good mix of getting his shots, and getting teammates shots.”

Spencer Haldeman - “Shot it great from 3.”

Surprise: Antwan Kimmons

Learned: “Great to have Austin Phyfe back in the mix.”

Did not play: Frosh Cole Henry and Evan Gauger (injuries) - both expected back in Sept.

Concern: Communication. “Team has great feel to it and good presence. Need more guys talking more often.”

Comment

• Ah rats I'm getting hope for the future of the program again.

Comment

• Finally listened to the interview Tuttle did on the "driving the lane" podcast. His comments about Carter and Kimmons were similar to what Jake said in his post Italy interview.

However I was interested and happy to hear Tuttle's comments about James Betz. He described Betz as the best athlete they have had since Washpun. I know people have made similar comments on Panthernation but it was nice to hear Tuttle being that excited about Betz's athletic ability.
                              "My role is to lead, plain and simple. . . .I with the help of my staff and our administration, we will lead." --Ben Jacobson

Comment

• Betz is a bit of a project but the natural tools are all there.
                                #MACtion

Comment

Working...
                                X