WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 Rules Committee Proposals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 Rules Committee Proposals

1. 3-point line back to international distance (a little more than a foot)
    2. 20 second shot clock after offensive rebound
    3. Flagrant 2 for name calling
    4. Coach can call TO in last two min
    5. Instant replay in last two min

Originally posted by sivert View Post
    1 - No problem
    2 - Not a fan, I don't really see the point
    3 - Stupid... I hate rules that can make or break a game, but have nothing to do with actual play on the floor. How is this handled now? Imo, it should be a warning, then a T for unsportsmanlike
    4 - Not a fan. Part of coaching is having your players aware of situations, including when to take timeouts and such.
    5 - Is this expanding replay? Isn't it already allowed the last 2 minutes? I've grown to hate replay. Slows the game down and sometimes creates controversy. Less is more when it comes to replay imo.
    To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

1. I think we’re good with an extended 3. We basically already have that because since we don’t have a huge drive-the-lane offense, teams guard us beyond the 3 point line as it is.
      2. This is will slightly hurt teams that make a lot of offensive rebounds (we were #325 in ORPG).
      3. ...
      4. ...
      5. I would rather them use technology to a replay booth online. Some refs would be in a central location, watch games with multiple views and rewind. Let them speak directly to the with an earpiece. “Hey, that last ball was clearly out on white. You should reverse the call.” No going to the monitor. Just keep playing.

Comment

Originally posted by sivert View Post
        1. Is there a problem with the current 3-point line? It makes more sense for the NBA to move theirs back even farther. Have you seen the way these guys are bombing 3's in the playoffs?
        2. Probably a good idea. Makes for a lot more tricky calls about when to foul.
        3. Impossible to implement. This could be called on most plays.
        4. Any coach? Any player on the sideline? I don't like a ref having to respond to what he hears or turning his head to look at the coach.
        5. With a timer so that it doesn't drag on.

Comment

Originally posted by UNIdad View Post

1. Is there a problem with the current 3-point line? It makes more sense for the NBA to move theirs back even farther. Have you seen the way these guys are bombing 3's in the playoffs?
          2. Probably a good idea. Makes for a lot more tricky calls about when to foul.
          3. Impossible to implement. This could be called on most plays.
          4. Any coach? Any player on the sideline? I don't like a ref having to respond to what he hears or turning his head to look at the coach.
          5. With a timer so that it doesn't drag on.
          1. Moving the line to the international line is the right move. Only downside is we will see schools (UNI included) that won't replace/repaint floors so the lines will be taped down. Is the women's game changing as well? We still have schools with the old 3 point line from years ago down.

2. Is a great idea.

3. It's not impossible to implement based on the wording of the rule

4. No players on the bench can't call a time out. Where did you get the word players? It's only the HC.

5. Not a fan of reviews in general but if we have it the ability to review goaltending in the final 2 minutes as well is a must

Comment

The Women are not moving the line, probably ever.

So that's a great pleasing aesthetic.
            #MACtion

Comment

Damn.

There goes 2 toned courts anywhere except places where women play in different facilities. That's a shame, 2 toned courts are great.

Comment

Originally posted by clenz View Post
                Damn.

There goes 2 toned courts anywhere except places where women play in different facilities. That's a shame, 2 toned courts are great.
                Biggest mistake we made with the new one. Far too plain.
                #MACtion

Comment

I don't like a ref having to turn away from the action to see if the person on the sideline calling the time out is a head coach or not. I like them all keeping their eyes on the action.

Comment

Originally posted by UNIdad View Post
                    I don't like a ref having to turn away from the action to see if the person on the sideline calling the time out is a head coach or not. I like them all keeping their eyes on the action.
                    give both head coaches a remote control to a buzzer that an official has. (or maybe one official has the buzzer for one HC, and another official has the buzzer for the other HC). Coach wants a TO, and the official with the buzzer blows his whistle to acknowledge the TO.

Comment

Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post

give both head coaches a remote control to a buzzer that an official has. (or maybe one official has the buzzer for one HC, and another official has the buzzer for the other HC). Coach wants a TO, and the official with the buzzer blows his whistle to acknowledge the TO.

Good idea about the head coach having a buzzer. It needs to have something like that. Hope he doesn't have a twitchy thumb!

Comment

Gonna do it. https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball...-international

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
                          The Women are not moving the line, probably ever.

So that's a great pleasing aesthetic.
                          According to Coach Green tonight, the women are moving the line back to be the same as men’s. There won’t be 2 3 point lines. The line for both will be straight along sidelines a certain distance (he didn’t remember) before starting to curve around...

Comment

We will still have 2 lines for probably 6 years. Just got a new court.

Can't get it refinished already....

Comment

Coach Green is incorrect. The women's game experimented with it last year and decided not to make the change for now. Percentages dropped into the low 20s.
                              #MACtion

Comment

Working...
                              X