WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

  • You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jeff Goodman's Chain of Command in the MVC

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
    The south end zone looks like it's been there from day one. They did one hell of a job with that.

    Must be nice to get a giant check because people want to watch Texas and Oklahoma on TV...


    Indeed. On both points.

    Comment


    • #17
      What about converting the NU High gym into a first class practice facility with all sorts of amenities, they would have their own space and only come over the arena for games/walk-through. I know most practice facilities are connected to the main arena, but not all. And it's close to Towers, etc. A new floor in that fairly new gym with a 5 million or so building could be pretty spectacular.
      __________________
      The McLoud Center -Bob Lutz, Wichita Eagle, 2/3/2010

      Comment


      • #18
        If they put a practice facility on the West Side, someone needs to be fired. The only things that should be happening on the West is development of game-day atmosphere enhancements.
        If computers ruled college basketball the way they do football, we'd have skipped all this March Madness monotony and just waited a month for the Kansas-Kentucky title game. And watched Northern Iowa play Cornell in the Poulan Weedeater Bowl. ~ Dwight Perry The Seattle Times

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by UNIAlum95 View Post
          If they put a practice facility on the West Side, someone needs to be fired. The only things that should be happening on the West is development of game-day atmosphere enhancements.
          What do you think a grand entrance and new catering and food service facilities are for?
          #MACtion

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by UNIpanther99 View Post
            What about converting the NU High gym into a first class practice facility with all sorts of amenities, they would have their own space and only come over the arena for games/walk-through. I know most practice facilities are connected to the main arena, but not all. And it's close to Towers, etc. A new floor in that fairly new gym with a 5 million or so building could be pretty spectacular.
            I’ve said this for years now. I don’t understand why this doesn't seem to be a serious consideration. Would think a renovation of that existing building would be like 1/10th the cost of a new building.
            UNI FIGHT

            Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
            iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by UNIpanther99 View Post
              What about converting the NU High gym into a first class practice facility with all sorts of amenities, they would have their own space and only come over the arena for games/walk-through. I know most practice facilities are connected to the main arena, but not all. And it's close to Towers, etc. A new floor in that fairly new gym with a 5 million or so building could be pretty spectacular.
              Is the practice facility going to be for Men and Women and if so, is the NU High gym big enough for both?

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by UNIpanther99 View Post
                What about converting the NU High gym into a first class practice facility with all sorts of amenities, they would have their own space and only come over the arena for games/walk-through. I know most practice facilities are connected to the main arena, but not all. And it's close to Towers, etc. A new floor in that fairly new gym with a 5 million or so building could be pretty spectacular.
                Only problem I see is that training/rehab/laundry etc. people and facilities are all not there. Doesn't mean you couldn't make new but hiring additional personnel seems redundant? I wonder what the old NU gym is used for now??

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by r54uni View Post

                  Only problem I see is that training/rehab/laundry etc. people and facilities are all not there. Doesn't mean you couldn't make new but hiring additional personnel seems redundant? I wonder what the old NU gym is used for now??
                  I know youth teams practice there but I don't know what else is happening inside.
                  "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by JD720 View Post

                    Is the practice facility going to be for Men and Women and if so, is the NU High gym big enough for both?
                    It's really long, with a ton of extra room at one end. You could easily fit a full college floor in there with room for another half court at least, not that they would practice at the same time anyway.
                    __________________
                    The McLoud Center -Bob Lutz, Wichita Eagle, 2/3/2010

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X