WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jeff Goodman's Chain of Command in the MVC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BCPanther
    replied
    First, it's literally amazing we were able to build the McLeod Center for that amount though we had to cut way more corners than wanted because Hartzell ran out of money. Hence all the glass, the boards and sound system, the lack of a ticket office originally, etc. Not Hartzell's fault, our program wouldn't be what it is without that building.

The big price tag is also to 'complete' the McLeod Center. It includes a grand entrance, moving all food service and concessions and getting rid of all the glass on the North and South ends so that lighting can be consistent no matter what time of day it is. It would also move all the administrative offices to the new building so that football can have the current administration area on the North end of the Dome.
    ​​​

Leave a comment:

• ronfitch
    replied
    Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
    There are renderings with a $27M price tag.

I'm not sure the current administration is capable of running a program to raise that kind of money unless AJ leads a three year ass kicking tour.

Hell, stuff we allegedly have the money for keeps getting pushed back and back (Football Team Room, Outdoor Track, McLeod Center Hung Board)
    On Cole Bair's "On UNI" podcast released Saturday, Harris said that resurfacing the outdoor track and FB team room are the top items, with the FB team room close to being funded and the track just getting started on funding. Sounds like the FB team room is likely to be in the NE corner now, after architects took a look.

He also talked a lot about renovating the Dome as in tha background but will quickly be gaining steam to move to the top of the list, probably in phases. He talked about brining in a consultant this year to get moving on the Dome and may have plans and numbers yet this year.

Northern Iowa athletics director David Harris recaps the recently completed Panther Caravan on this edition of the On UNI Podcast. …

Last edited by ronfitch; 05-27-2019, 05:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• UNIdad
    replied
    Originally posted by UNIChippewa View Post
    I stumbled across this yesterday and found it a pretty good and insightful read. I don't know if I agree with where ISU Red and Bradley are based on lack of recent success (Bradley's NCAA bid notwithstanding), but I really can't argue too much with how we are scored.

https://watchstadium.com/news/missou...ce-02-01-2019/

Media Exposure #1.
    Selling Pros #2.

Leave a comment:

• SteinPizza
    replied
    Originally posted by panther1 View Post

$27 million? That would be wasteful. The McLeod cost $26 million and ISU’s practice facility was $8 million.
    Drake’s practice facility was also $8M, and opened in 2014. What’s the story behind the $25M price estimate at UNI?

Also, his take on the recruiting plus of not having a lot of mid major competition in Iowa and Minnesota is true if you actually go after players you think can excel at the MVC level. It seems like we play it safe a little more than we should, and have signed a couple of guys who would’ve been better off playing in the Dakota school league, or DII.

Leave a comment:

• panther1
    replied
    Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

I'm not sure the current administration is capable of running a program to raise that kind of money unless AJ leads a three year ass kicking tour.

Hell, stuff we allegedly have the money for keeps getting pushed back and back (Football Team Room, Outdoor Track, McLeod Center Hung Board)
    $27 million? That would be wasteful. The McLeod cost $26 million and ISU’s practice facility was $8 million.

Leave a comment:

• BCPanther
    replied

Leave a comment:

• sevelev711
    replied
    Speaking of, how far away is that practice facility, best guesses? Because we don't have the funds for it, nor am I sure where it stands on priority lists, and construction would take at least a year, probably closer to two. Because there's not much the school can do about being in Cedar Falls, but the practice facility issue is fixable. I'd like to see that issue fixed before other schools catch up in other categories.

Leave a comment:

• domedays
    replied
    What they say about UNI is very interesting, in light of the debate going on in this boards recruiting thread. I agree with their assessment of UNI. Our weaknesses are, our game day atmosphere (i.e. Lack fan support) It just has to be tough to recruit to a half empty gym. Another negative was our recruiting base, which makes sense to me. I personally was surprised at the importance they put on the practice facility, but I know others on here were already aware of the importance of such a facility. Hopefully that will help in the future.
    I tend to agree with their assessment of Bradley as well. Their fan base has held strong despite their lack of success prior to this season.

Leave a comment:

• UNIChippewa
    started a topic Jeff Goodman's Chain of Command in the MVC

Jeff Goodman's Chain of Command in the MVC

I stumbled across this yesterday and found it a pretty good and insightful read. I don't know if I agree with where ISU Red and Bradley are based on lack of recent success (Bradley's NCAA bid notwithstanding), but I really can't argue too much with how we are scored.

This is the latest in Stadium’s “Conference Chain of Command” series in which we polled a handful of veteran coaches in every league to determine the best JOBS in each league, all the w…
Working...
X