WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cole Henry will sit out '19 -'20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cole Henry will sit out '19 -'20

He will travel with the team to Italy but not play, is redshirted for '19-'20, according to Jacobson in today's CR Gazette:

"Well, that escalated quickly."

Thats a bummer, he was probably the most ready freshman this year, but we do have post depth now and it makes some other decisions easier.

I’m really high on him, cant wait to see him back on the court.
    UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
    iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

That sucks, but at the same time, he could result be a stud as a 5th year senior.
      To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

Yeah, he'll be a lot better as a 5th year senior than as a true freshmen. Hopefully, he has a nice, leisurely 5 year plan to graduate.

Comment

Article quotes Jacobson as saying that redshirting had been a part of the plan during the recruiting process, so nice that this doesn't necessarily mess up plans. Phfye, Dahl, McDonnell, Biggie, and potentially Carter or Krogmann gives depth at the 4/5 positions.

Comment

Minutes were going to be tight anyway at the 5. This is probably best for all involved.
            #MACtion

Comment

It's no secret that CH's jump shot and FT shooting are not right where he wants it.

A year to work on that will be very helpful.

Sets him up for a great next 4 years.
              Last edited by Blue42; 08-03-2019, 09:51 AM.
              Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

Hopefully get him some exhibition game minutes this fall so he can play with the guys a bit. Was literally just thinking this might be a part of the plan before I pulled up Panther nation

Comment

I was never liking the idea of CH playing as a true freshman. He could stand to add a few lbs (as most freshmen due) but my main concern was that shot. Glad to see he'll get a year to work on it before facing D1 defenders.

Comment

Yeah, a year of jump shots is needed. Other parts of game are there.

Comment

I am 99% sure that Betz redshirts as well. Also 99% sure that Carter and Kimmons play barring injury.

Really excited about what this team will be.
                      #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
                        I am 99% sure that Betz redshirts as well. Also 99% sure that Carter and Kimmons play barring injury.

Really excited about what this team will be.
                        Agreed on all counts. The questions marks around Carter's game won't be helped by an extra year unless he grows. But I expect good things from him and am excited to see how we use him.

Comment

Originally posted by DownGoesKansas View Post

Agreed on all counts. The questions marks around Carter's game won't be helped by an extra year unless he grows. But I expect good things from him and am excited to see how we use him.
                          Yeah, Carter is such a tweener that it will be interesting to see how he’s used. It will also be interesting to see if he drives to the hoop more often in college.

Comment

Originally posted by SteinPizza View Post

Yeah, Carter is such a tweener that it will be interesting to see how he’s used. It will also be interesting to see if he drives to the hoop more often in college.
                            A lot of Deonte Burton in his game, he will get much better at using his size as time goes on. Certainly has the size and athleticism to hold his own

Comment

Originally posted by Wxcpanther View Post

A lot of Deonte Burton in his game, he will get much better at using his size as time goes on. Certainly has the size and athleticism to hold his own
                              That's one of the worst comparisons I've ever seen. Burton is an elite athlete that uses brute force and athleticism. Carter is a below average athlete (relatively speaking) that feels the game and uses angles and footwork to create space. Yes, they're about the same size but the body composition isn't even remotely close.
                              #MACtion

Comment

Working...
                              X