WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1st Game: Old Dominion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wxcpanther View Post

Do you want me to screenshot the stat so you can see our numbers from two were actually that bad? Or would you prefer to just stay in your bubble of information that supports your thought process, which you would probably stay in even if I did post the stats.
    Could care less what the hell you are talking about because it’s meaningless

Comment

• Well, if you're going to go out, you might as well go out in a blaze of glory...
      #MACtion

Comment

• Originally posted by Mudrafan View Post

Creighton and Wichita St. They left the Valley and continue elevating their programs while we have slid back down to the rest of the valley and then some. And you really need to get your head out of the sand. He’s had one good year in the past nine. A second yr was a complete and total fail until a three day run in the conference tournament and a first rd out in the ncaa’s. Every yr an upstart makes the tournament. We did that year. Bottom line is, the program is in neutral in a ho hum conference.
        Wichita has zero NCAA tournament wins since they left the MVFC...and Creighton hasn't been to a Sweet 16 in like 40 years. But go on.
        Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blue42 View Post

Wichita has zero NCAA tournament wins since they left the MVFC...and Creighton hasn't been to a Sweet 16 in like 40 years. But go on.
          In fact, Creighton's only Sweet 16 came when.......it was a 16 team tournament.
          #MACtion

Comment

Get out of here with facts.

Mudra, I'm trying to stay neutral here, but you derail every single basketball thread and it's just getting old. We're only one game in on the season - are we really going to do this all year long?
            "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

• Originally posted by Born-a-Panther View Post
              ...Mudra, I'm trying to stay neutral here, but you derail every single basketball thread and it's just getting old. We're only one game in on the season - are we really going to do this all year long?
              I think as long as we keep winning, he'll lose interest...

Comment

• Originally posted by sivert View Post
                I think as long as we keep winning, he'll lose interest...
                Hasn't stopped him with football

Comment

• Just remember if we all knew who he was we would never question his opinion (what he calls facts)

Comment

• Originally posted by achrist70 View Post
                    Just remember if we all knew who he was we would never question his opinion (what he calls facts)
                    Knowing who someone is has almost never stopped me from asking questions of things that were done the way they were done.

But I'm just a lowly millennial that is the reason the world is screwed

Comment

• Originally posted by achrist70 View Post
                      Just remember if we all knew who he was we would never question his opinion (what he calls facts)
                      Turns out that he is Ben Jacobson and is actually just incredibly self deprecating.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mudrafan View Post

Creighton and Wichita St. They left the Valley and continue elevating their programs while we have slid back down to the rest of the valley and then some. And you really need to get your head out of the sand. He’s had one good year in the past nine. A second yr was a complete and total fail until a three day run in the conference tournament and a first rd out in the ncaa’s. Every yr an upstart makes the tournament. We did that year. Bottom line is, the program is in neutral in a ho hum conference.
                        Preeeetty sure the second year you're referring to we beat North Carolina...and a top 5 Iowa State team...and won at Wichita. Also we made the second round of the NCAA tournament. But sure, complete failure until St.Louis

Comment

To be fair, CU has had some good teams and been nationally relevant since leaving the MVC. I remember them being mediocre for a season or two, but that’s it. The last few years have seen them be good enough to be ranked in season. National relevance means more than just purely tournament wins. The MVC would kill to get them back in the league.

Comment

• Originally posted by SteinPizza View Post

To be fair, CU has had some good teams and been nationally relevant since leaving the MVC. I remember them being mediocre for a season or two, but that’s it. The last few years have seen them be good enough to be ranked in season. National relevance means more than just purely tournament wins. The MVC would kill to get them back in the league.
                            To be fair, their payroll appears to have gone up since they’ve left the Valley.

Comment

Working...
                            X