WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*2019-20 other games of interest*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
    I could get down with playing Iowa State once every 3 or 4 years.

Frankly, the Colorado game is better for us than playing either state school would be this year.
    Agreed.
    If we can manage to schedule a game like this every year, (and we have recently) we're not losing much with ISU/UI avoiding us. Of course the home game with the in-state P5 was always the biggest $$ on the calendar each season but reality is that sadly that won't happen anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gboom23 View Post
      This is all easier said than done, but for me the non-conference scheduling model should look like a couple P5 buy games on the road, a D3, an early season tournament, some kind of home and home with a team from a similar conference (MWC, A10, etc). What does that leave? About 4 games? Ideally those are buy games vs low majors that we play at home, but that probably isn’t in the budget. Maybe playing 2 buy games at P5 helps with that. How many games do we usually buy to bring into the McLeod?
      Completely agree. I know Jake has said he wants home and homes, but really I think we need to look into buy games vs quality opponents. It really can't hurt our numbers, and it generates money. Look at this years schedule - we really only have 1 game (maybe 2 if you include WV) that can be a boost for an at large bid. I'm fine playing anybody anywhere. Yes, it sucks that we can't get home and homes, or even 2 for 1s, but that's just the way it is.
      To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

• Additionally, our style frustrates teams that are unfamiliar and often times we get overlooked/under-estimated to boot. We have a real shot at winning these games even when it's a true road game. The reward outweighs the risk in my book. Keep scheduling them!

Comment

• So wait, if we travel to more buy games in basketball to get more money, and we need to schedule more buy games in football as the buying team...Yo can someone call the AD for me?

Comment

• West Virginia goes on a 12-0 run against St. John's to tie it, then get called for a horrible foul with 5 seconds left and lose by 2.

Comment

• Kansas taking care of Colorado pretty easily - 23 point game last 2nd half.
              To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

• Colorado can’t shoot tonight. Every drive defended and Battey shut down inside. But Colorado cannot hit 3s.

Comment

• Originally posted by ceaser150 View Post
                  West Virginia goes on a 12-0 run against St. John's to tie it, then get called for a horrible foul with 5 seconds left and lose by 2.
                  Well ain't that just a *****

Comment

• I really hate watching Iowa St with Halliburton... he openly said he has a better relationship with our coaches but just went to the bigger program. Woulda been a huge get for us.

Comment

• Originally posted by CyCarp View Post
                      I really hate watching Iowa St with Halliburton... he openly said he has a better relationship with our coaches but just went to the bigger program. Woulda been a huge get for us.
                      Every time I hear his name I think "what if?" Sucks. Hopefully we get to show what a mistake he made as the year progresses.

Comment

• Be a great year to play iowa state. Street ball offense style that would have fits against a good defense.

Garza is matchup hell.

Comment

• Originally posted by run&blade View Post
                          Be a great year to play iowa state. Street ball offense style that would have fits against a good defense.

Garza is matchup hell.
                          Was thinking the same thing about ISU, they play garbage ball. They would have a lot of trouble with our team.

The way Dahl is playing this year, he would be perfect to battle Garza.
                          UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
                          iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

• Since we're on the Iowa topic, how does the medical redshirt work? Bohannon is obviously healthy enough to play, but he can still get one if he sits the rest of the year? Doesn't make much sense to me.

Comment

• Yep. He's got a documented injury. He can still shut it down if he chooses to.
                              #MACtion

Comment

• God could you imagine UNI with Haliburton? siiiiigh that'd be nice

Comment

Working...
                                X