WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*2019-20 other games of interest*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wxcpanther View Post

Wednesday has me really concerned. Their usual concern is they don't have a lot of shot makers. When they shoot like they did today, they're really tough. Great news for the Valley, the MVC is at it's best when SIU is at their best. With Mullins being an alum it really wouldn't surprise me to see him there for a long time.
    We should be concerned with every game. We are not good enough to just beat a team by walking onto the court, as proven by the Ill St game.

I think UNI, Loyola, and Bradley are clearly the top 3 teams right now and that we are the clear favorite amongst that group.
    UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
    iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

• Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post

We should be concerned with every game. We are not good enough to just beat a team by walking onto the court, as proven by the Ill St game.

I think UNI, Loyola, and Bradley are clearly the top 3 teams right now and that we are the clear favorite amongst that group.
      Agreed, literally never been a team like that from UNI. Even the 14-15 season had that loss @ Evansville to start the year. Got to show up every game.

Comment

• Originally posted by panther-state View Post
        Cross Drake off the list of teams we should cheer for in hopes of having another quality NET game. Indiana St has also disappointed me and doesn't look like a reliable team. At this point I hope Bradley and Loyola blow through the rest of the conference schedule (besides us).
        It’s going to be a season-long song and dance for where the Valley teams end up. My revised best case scenario is Bradley in the top 75, Loyola and Ind State safely in the top 135. Then 2 of 3 between Drake, MSU, and Valpo in the top 135 to get those road games as Q2. Probably good to keep the Redbirds out of Q4 as well.

I’m not sure that is realistic (probably not), but it would be good if it played out that way.

Comment

• Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

I'm so impressed with how hard SIU plays. They're real short on bodies and talent but if they make a mistake they're going to make it going a hundred miles an hour and playing their tails off.

Mullins is going to win there and quick.
          Was watching and kind of reminded me of some of our less talented teams who still finished in the too third of the league with hard nosed D and just enough on O.

Comment

• Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
            Not a game but....

Evansville has suspended Walter McCarty indefinitely for a Title IX (i.e. Sexual Assault or Harassment) allegation.

He's done.
            Yep. He gone.

Evansville announced that it fired coach Walter McCarty after the university received additional allegations of misconduct. Later Tuesday, the school announced Todd Lickliter as the Purple Aces' new coach.
            "And immediately, (P'Allen Stinnett's) Facebook status was spouting vulgarities towards the university."

Comment

• Todd Lickliter has been hired as Evansville's head coach.

"And immediately, (P'Allen Stinnett's) Facebook status was spouting vulgarities towards the university."

Comment

• Interesting choice. Obviously a desperation hire, the whole situation is desperate for them, but given the circumstances, not the worst choice. At least he's got head coach experience.

Comment

• I am excited to go see Tennessee play at Kansas Saturday. Started feeling better about my Volunteers chances late last night.
                  "My role is to lead, plain and simple. . . .I with the help of my staff and our administration, we will lead." --Ben Jacobson

Comment

• Originally posted by sevelev711 View Post
                    Interesting choice. Obviously a desperation hire, the whole situation is desperate for them, but given the circumstances, not the worst choice. At least he's got head coach experience.
                    Looks like he knows their system and he was an assistant there so the transition shouldn't be too bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by domedays View Post
                      I am excited to go see Tennessee play at Kansas Saturday. Started feeling better about my Volunteers chances late last night.
                      Considering that half (maybe more) of the Jayhawks might not dress for the foreseeable future after the unannounced WWE spectacular following the K State game last?

Comment

• Originally posted by Trapped in California View Post

Considering that half (maybe more) of the Jayhawks might not dress for the foreseeable future after the unannounced WWE spectacular following the K State game last?
                        Just a big misunderstanding.
                        "My role is to lead, plain and simple. . . .I with the help of my staff and our administration, we will lead." --Ben Jacobson

Comment

• I think one the K State guys was clicking his pen to close to DeSouza

Comment

• Gotta love Kansas fans on social media saying KSU incited it because they stole the ball at the end. Petty sure, but playing till the whistle isn't inciting anything

Comment

• Wasn't it 3 or 4 years ago where a Kansas player stole a ball while Iowa State was dribbling out the clock - and Kansas was well ahead - to throw down a last-second dunk and taunt the student section?? I'll be their fans had no problem with him playing to the final whistle...

Comment

• Originally posted by UNICats View Post
                                Wasn't it 3 or 4 years ago where a Kansas player stole a ball while Iowa State was dribbling out the clock - and Kansas was well ahead - to throw down a last-second dunk and taunt the student section?? I'll be their fans had no problem with him playing to the final whistle...
                                Yes, and Self was really upset about it. He was actually shaking hands with Prohm already when it happened and apologized to him on the spot.

Comment

Working...
                                X