WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*2019-20 other games of interest*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sevelev711 View Post

"If they win at least one game at Arch Madness, they would seem like a tournament lock regardless of what happens after that."

I'm not sure I believe that but man that Drake drubbing really turned opinions around at a national level. Going into that game it was a lot of "at-large is probably dead for UNI," now it's "Just win one."
    This begs the question that if we do win all 3 how high is our ceiling for a seed? I would say 8/9 but I don't really want that seed either. I mean, historically it's worked well for us, but I'd rather go alternate routes.

Comment

• South Carolina just beat Mississippi St which is good for us in more ways than one.

Comment

• I swear the Big Ten is rigged... or they're just all overrated. Maryland getting taken to the cleaners against Rutgers.
        To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

• Originally posted by kochrab View Post

This begs the question that if we do win all 3 how high is our ceiling for a seed? I would say 8/9 but I don't really want that seed either. I mean, historically it's worked well for us, but I'd rather go alternate routes.
          I see a couple 10 seeds, couple 11 seeds, and one bracket with UNI as a 9 seed already, actually. Maybe a ceiling of 8? Not that 8 or 9 means any difference. And I agree, I'd also rather avoid that seed line at this point in the game, not that I'd exactly complain at it.

Comment

• Originally posted by CyCarp View Post
            I swear the Big Ten is rigged... or they're just all overrated. Maryland getting taken to the cleaners against Rutgers.
            It's hard not to suspect this from the P5s.

The number of upsets the last 10 days has been pretty bizarre.

​​​​​​
            Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blue42 View Post

It's hard not to suspect this from the P5s.

The number of upsets the last 10 days has been pretty bizarre.

​​​​​​
              And right on cue, Iowa is getting throttled at home by Purdue, who is squarely on the bubble...
              To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

• Originally posted by CyCarp View Post

And right on cue, Iowa is getting throttled at home by Purdue, who is squarely on the bubble...
                As much as I want Purdue’s bubble to burst, I’m ok with them getting one on Iowa. At home no less.

Comment

• Originally posted by Serious Shot View Post

As much as I want Purdue’s bubble to burst, I’m ok with them getting one on Iowa. At home no less.

Agree on all points, but it is fun to watch another FranTastic game!

Comment

• The night I actually want Iowa to win...
                    oh well, at least WVU righted the ship against ISU, though it was probably closer than it should have been. FWIW, since we’ve been complaining about sub-.500 conference records in B1G possibly still getting in, WVU is 8-9 in the Big 12 with their final game coming up against Baylor...

Comment

• Watching the Wichita State v Memphis rock fight. Memphis treating the ball like their mom's flip phone. Turnovers galore.

That said, they are giving the shockers the business. This might be a do or die game for WSU's at large hopes.

Comment

• 2nd half update - Memphis realized that they needed to keep the ball in order to score. And score they did, the final score was closer than it actually was.

WSU's shooting was ugly. Memphis had something to do with that.

Comment

• UNCo got a win, might move into top 100 NET with that.
                          Stanford, WSU, Az State all taking losses and Utah St is trailing.
                          If we can get another one on D+, I’m starting to like our chances for an at large.

Really though, just keep winning.

Comment

• Stanford also lost, they were first four out/last four in territory. A lot of good results tonight, as far as At-Large chances are concerned. Not that they matter if we don't beat Drake tomorrow.

In other news, Evansville is right behind Valpo in the last few minutes.

Comment

• Dang, E-ville was down two, at the free throw line, with 10 seconds to go. Only hit one, end up losing by 3.

Comment

• Would have been cool to see Evansville get their first conference W at Arch Madness, but Valpo has a better (though still probably slim) chance of beating Loyola. Especially with JFL playing - he led the team with 36 minutes. What mono?!?

Comment

Working...
                                X