WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020-21 Basketball Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gboom23 View Post
    Something else I have thought about in the scheduling game is who determines if you get the first game of a home and home? I assume it's a complete negotiation between both schools. Maybe one school picks which year they want and the other school picks the date and time? That would be an interesting way to do it.
    My guess is that we wanted the road game this year and will schedule it around the Marshall game.
    To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

Originally posted by CyCarp View Post

My guess is that we wanted the road game this year and will schedule it around the Marshall game.
      Absolutely. Not quite a bus trip between the two but an inexpensive flight, I'm guessing...
      #MACtion

Comment

Very very nice. I like that game this year, and I also like the return game, already a quality home opponent for what should probably be the best UNI team ever.

Comment

Originally posted by sevelev711 View Post
          Very very nice. I like that game this year, and I also like the return game, already a quality home opponent for what should probably be the best UNI team ever.
          Bold statement.

Comment

Originally posted by orangetennis View Post

Bold statement.
            "Should probably be" is the key part of it. "Will be the best team ever" is bold, "should probably be" isn't.

Comment

Jon Rothstein tweeting out that the game at Richmond is scheduled for December 2nd

Comment

Originally posted by Wxcpanther View Post
                Jon Rothstein tweeting out that the game at Richmond is scheduled for December 2nd
                After the MTE, cool. If both teams win out through there, it could be a ranked vs ranked matchup. At the very least, whoever wins that game gets ranked.

Comment

Richmond plays Kentucky a week and a half before us. Kentucky will have a ton of new guys, but it's Kentucky. If Richmond wins that, they could certainly be ranked at that point.
                  Last edited by CyCarp; 04-29-2020, 11:33 AM.
                  To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

Interesting to note that finals for the fall semester was moved up to Thanksgiving week, due to COVID. The same week we have the Cayman Islands tourney. I'm guessing it doesn't change much with scheduling overall, but it may create some more flexibility.

Comment

The big thing it does is takes away all restrictions on time with coaches for the entire month of December. When school is going, the staff gets 20 hours per week of required team activities, there are no restrictions when school isn't in session. Also makes me feel much better about the two trips out east in December.
                      #MACtion

Comment

Overall net positive, then?

Comment

Is that Northern Illinois game pretty much decided as being the first game of the season or are they trying to wrangle up another one, like a D-II, to go in front of it?

Comment

Originally posted by sevelev711 View Post
                            Is that Northern Illinois game pretty much decided as being the first game of the season or are they trying to wrangle up another one, like a D-II, to go in front of it?
                            I'd be shocked if there isn't a game on the 10th or 11th.
                            #MACtion

Comment

The home game from the Cayman Islands Classic will either be Jackson State or North Carolina A&T. So, yay?
                              #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
                                The home game from the Cayman Islands Classic will either be Jackson State or North Carolina A&T. So, yay?
                                Yeesh. I have a hard time believing it will end up being the same value as the Northern Colorado game

Comment

Working...
                                X