WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020-21 Basketball Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wxcpanther View Post

Yeesh. I have a hard time believing it will end up being the same value as the Northern Colorado game
    Almost certainly going to be a Quad-4. At the very least it's a nice tune-up game before a key stretch of games.

Comment

We've signed a deal to play a neutral site game against New Mexico State in Sioux Falls.

Good opponent in a really neat venue.
      #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
        We've signed a deal to play a neutral site game against New Mexico State in Sioux Falls.

there's only ONE reason this game was scheduled. Kelby Krabbenhoft wants both teams in the Summit League, I guarantee you he makes a really strong pitch to both schools to come join them in the Summit League.

Comment

Originally posted by isu87 View Post

there's only ONE reason this game was scheduled. Kelby Krabbenhoft wants both teams in the Summit League, I guarantee you he makes a really strong pitch to both schools to come join them in the Summit League.
          We left the North Central Conference 40 years ago and there's no shot we're heading that way. NMSU has an FBS football problem.
          #MACtion

Comment

Why would we voluntarily want to go to the summit league? I don't think I could ever drink enough hand sanitizer to have that proposal make sense.

Comment

That's a weird one, but I like it. (assumedly) No fans is a bummer, but I'm always down for neutral site games in cool locations. At this point I'm just hoping it follows through. Should be an interesting non-conference, if there is indeed still a non-conference.

Also, agreed on there being no way that we go to the Summit League. The MVC isn't great but it's a hell of a lot better than the Summit, in just about every respect. Only way I could see UNI even entertaining it is if it got a sweet deal, the kind that would piss off every other school in the conference. And even then I doubt we go through with it, just "think about it" in the same way that my last three potential employers thought about my resume.

Comment

What would be the reason UNI would even consider that move?
                Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

Ugh COVID, Likely gonna eff a good schedule and Probably going to cost us two years of postseason with AJ

Comment

At this point, I'd be okay with settling for back-to-back conference champs. Because that would mean we at least get the conference games played.

Comment

Any chance the game vs New Mexico State is part of a MTE? The Sanford Pentagon has hosted a couple of 4 team round robins in recent years; 1 with USD as the host and 1 with SDSU as the host.

Comment

Originally posted by goyotes View Post
                        Any chance the game vs New Mexico State is part of a MTE? The Sanford Pentagon has hosted a couple of 4 team round robins in recent years; 1 with USD as the host and 1 with SDSU as the host.
                        Nope.

We're already in the Cayman Islands Classic which is going to happen even if it has to be moved into the US.
                        #MACtion

Comment

Not at all. Sioux Falls has been attracting neutral site games for the past few years. Iowa State and Wisconsin have both played there recently.

Comment

Cayman Islands Classic has been relocated to Niceville, FL. Same site as the Emerald Coast Classic that Iowa State is playing in later that week.
                            #MACtion

Comment

New Mexico State game in Sioux Falls is on Sunday, December 13th. Original post updated.
                              #MACtion

Comment

That's a nice spot for that game, imo. Would be curious as to whether or not a game gets slid in the six days between there and Marshall. I would guess not, but they might want to put a D2 game in there or something.

Comment

Working...
                                X