WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020-21 Basketball Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020-21 Basketball Schedule

Home

Away

Neutral

Schedule

Nov 25-27--Bad Boy Mowers Crossover Classic--Sioux Falls
    Nov 25--Western Kentucky 3:30 PM ESPNU
    Rich Hollenberg (pxp) Dan Dakich (analyst)
    Nov 26--St Mary's 4 PM ESPN
    Doug Sherman (pxp) Chris Spatola (analyst)
    Nov 27--Utah State 3 PM ESPNU
    Rich Hollenberg (pxp) Dan Dakich (analyst)

Dec 4 St Ambrose 6:00 PM ESPN+
    Brad Wells (pxp) Kevin Lehman (analyst)

Dec 9 at Richmond 5:00 PM ESPN+
    Bob Black (pxp) Greg Beckwith (analyst)

Dec 12 Green Bay 11 AM ESPN+ CANCELED

Dec 16 at Wisconsin 8:00 PM BTN CANCELED

Dec 19 at Marshall 1:00 PM Stadium CANCELED

Dec 27 Missouri State 3:00 PM PSN/ESPN+
    Eric Braley (pxp) Kevin Lehman (analyst)

Dec 28 Missouri State 7:00 PM MVC-TV

Jan 2 at Evansville 3:00 PM MVC-TV
    Scott Warmann (pxp) Marcus Wilson (analyst)

Jan 3 at Evansville 3:00 PM ESPN+
    Evansville Local Broadcast

Jan 10 Bradley 3:00 PM PSN/ESPN+
    Brad Wells (pxp) Matt Schneiderman (analyst)

Jan 11 Bradley 7:00 PM MVC-TV

Jan 16 at Loyola 5:00 PM ESPN2
    Clay Matvick (pxp) Kevin Lehman (analyst)

Jan 17 at Loyola 4:00 PM ESPN

Jan 25 Coe 6:00 PM ESPN+
    Eric Braley (pxp) Matt Schneiderman (analyst)

Jan 30 at Southern Illinois 3:00 PM MVC-TV
    Tom Ackerman (pxp) Kevin Lehman (analyst)

Jan 31 at Southern Illinois 5:00 PM ESPN2

Feb 6 Indiana State 5:00 PM ESPNU

Feb 7 Indiana State 3:00 PM MVC-TV

Feb 10 at Drake 6:00 CBS Sports Net
    Danny Waugh (pxp) Steve Wolf (analyst)

Feb 13 Valpo 7:00 PM MVC-TV
    Mitch Holthus (pxp) Adam Emmenecker (analyst)

Feb 14 Valpo 6:00 PM PSN/ESPN+
    Eric Braley (pxp) Brad Wells (analyst)

Feb 17 Drake 7:00 PM The Valley on ESPN3/+
    Brad Wells (pxp) Adam Emmenecker (analyst)

Feb 26 at Illinois State 8:00 PM ESPNU

Feb 27 at Illinois State 5:00 PM CBS Sports Net
    Danny Waugh (pxp) Steve Wolf (analyst)

March 4-7 Arch Madness

Mar 4 Illinois State 8:00 PM MVC-TV
    Scott Warmann (pxp) Rich Zvosec (analyst)

Mar 5 Drake 5:00 PM MVC-TV
    Mitch Holthus (pxp) Kevin Lehman (analyst)

Mar 6 Semi-Final 3:00 PM CBS Sports Net
    Rich Waltz (pxp) Bob Wenzel (analyst)

Mar 7 Championship 1:10 PM CBS
    Kevin Harlan (pxp) Dan Bonner (analyst)
    Last edited by BCPanther; 03-04-2021, 09:15 AM.
    #MACtion

Hmm. On one hand, that's kind of an underwhelming tournament, compared to what UNI normally sees. On the other hand, it's a tournament that I'd expect UNI to be very competitive in.

Comment

Originally posted by sevelev711 View Post
      Hmm. On one hand, that's kind of an underwhelming tournament, compared to what UNI normally sees. On the other hand, it's a tournament that I'd expect UNI to be very competitive in.
      It all depends on how they play this year. There are a couple of those programs who have proven capable of being tough in the past. There’s no Duke or Louisville, but let’s see how this year plays out.

Comment

Originally posted by SteinPizza View Post

It all depends on how they play this year. There are a couple of those programs who have proven capable of being tough in the past. There’s no Duke or Louisville, but let’s see how this year plays out.
        I'm also talking a bit about the tournament itself. This is only in it's fourth year (next year, this year is it's third), and it made some news for being a bit of a disaster, where the "locker rooms" were tents set up outside the stadium, and the only way to have watched the tournament was an obscure streaming site which just flat out didn't work for most of the games. I'd just prefer going to one of the staples, have a bit better competition.

Comment

I'm also talking a bit about the tournament itself. This is only in it's fourth year (next year, this year is it's third), and it made some news for being a bit of a disaster, where the "locker rooms" were tents set up outside the stadium, and the only way to have watched the tournament was an obscure streaming site which just flat out didn't work for most of the games. I'd just prefer going to one of the staples, have a bit better competition.
          They're on FloHoops now. It's pricier than most services but it's reliable and well produced.
          #MACtion

Comment

I'd guess at least 50% of that field makes the tourney based on recent performances and the conferences they're in.

Comment

I wish ISU or IOWA would pull their heads out of their ass and play us.

Comment

Current NETs of Cayman Islands Teams

46--UNI
                68-Oregon State
                83-Nevada
                94-Ole Miss
                101-Miami
                102--K-State
                126-WKU
                174-La Salle

No great opportunities but also no boat anchors.
                #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
                  Current NETs of Cayman Islands Teams

46--UNI
                  68-Oregon State
                  83-Nevada
                  94-Ole Miss
                  101-Miami
                  102--K-State
                  126-WKU
                  174-La Salle

No great opportunities but also no boat anchors.
                  Not much different than what youll see at the QF of Arch Madess.

Comment

My thoughts on the schedule so far. There is no reason next year we cant be the Dayton or San Diego State of this year. Win all the non conference games and get ranked and just keep moving up and have a few conference losses and still end season top 10 in country and a top 3 seed. Wouldn't that be fun!

Comment

Originally posted by rhoho View Post
                      My thoughts on the schedule so far. There is no reason next year we cant be the Dayton or San Diego State of this year. Win all the non conference games and get ranked and just keep moving up and have a few conference losses and still end season top 10 in country and a top 3 seed. Wouldn't that be fun!
                      While we are having fun.. you forgot: "Cause Iowa fans to have a Frantrum when our player is projected to win national Player of the Year over there's"

Comment

Originally posted by rhoho View Post
                        Top ten in the country is worth no more than a 5 seed for us. This has already been proven.

Comment

Can't wait until we add 10 Big Ten teams to that schedule so we can lose 80% of them and make the NCAA tournament.
                          Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
                          Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
                          - George Halas

Comment

I know that was said in jest, but you know what I wouldn't be opposed to? Scheduling a couple buy games at mediocre P5 schools a year, maybe we take a bit of a discount to help incentivize those schools into taking us instead of a bad school. @ Notre Dame this year is Q1, @ Oklahoma State as well. OSU is 17-14, and 10-6 at home, and still in the away Q1 zone. We'd win those games, we'd at least win one of those games, and then their inflated NET ratings for playing in power conferences would turn around into benefiting us. Plus the name recognition of beating a P5 school over a comparable mid major, like Liberty, would also be a boon to our chances.

Comment

I know that was said in jest, but you know what I wouldn't be opposed to? Scheduling a couple buy games at mediocre P5 schools a year, maybe we take a bit of a discount to help incentivize those schools into taking us instead of a bad school. @ Notre Dame this year is Q1, @ Oklahoma State as well. OSU is 17-14, and 10-6 at home, and still in the away Q1 zone. We'd win those games, we'd at least win one of those games, and then their inflated NET ratings for playing in power conferences would turn around into benefiting us. Plus the name recognition of beating a P5 school over a comparable mid major, like Liberty, would also be a boon to our chances.
                              Isn't that the problem though...that not enough P5 schools are willing to play mid-majors...even on their own court?
                              It's easier for them to schedule the smaller schools (probably even cheaper) and they don't run as much of a risk of losing the game.
                              Sure, if we could schedule 2 to 4 away games at P5 schools per year I think we would...but there aren't enough that will agree to that.

Comment

Working...
                              X