WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020-21 Basketball Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Born-a-Panther View Post
    I also am hearing that they expect bball to be pushed back to January.
    I do think a lot of this will depend on how college football works for the conferences that do play. If it does work out well, I'll be more confident in getting basketball, whenever it may be. I wouldn't be surprised if it takes a lot of guys getting very sick or somebody dying to completely cancel the season. A lineman at Indiana is/was hospitalized and struggling with COVID, and other conferences sound like they're going ahead - so that's obviously not enough to deter them. It'll be interesting.
    To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

So it sounds like they're going to propose 11/25 to be the start of the season. If that happens, I'm guessing that cancels all the earlier scheduled games - Northern Illinois, Nevada and the preseason tourney. Probably not ideal, but at least it would still give us the Richmond game.
      To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

Originally posted by CyCarp View Post
        So it sounds like they're going to propose 11/25 to be the start of the season. If that happens, I'm guessing that cancels all the earlier scheduled games - Northern Illinois, Nevada and the preseason tourney. Probably not ideal, but at least it would still give us the Richmond game.
        That’s better than the January 1 start date that was loosely rumored. Hopefully what you describe above comes to pass.

Comment

I wonder if the 11/25 date relates to winter break? I think a lot of schools have pushed their break up to around Thanksgiving, so it does make some sense.

Comment

That would all make sense, so I wonder what the catch is going to be to make this into a circus.

Comment

Part of the Cayman Classic, Jackson State on 11/17, at least for now...
              JACKSON, Miss. - The Jackson State men's basketball program released it's 2020-21 upcoming schedule Thursday afternoon as the Tigers will play a total of 28 games on the season with nine matchups slated to be played at home.

Comment

248th projected on Barttorvik, which isn't terrible, all things considered, only a couple spots below Evansville. Still should be a fairly comfortable game, everyone get minutes and win by 20, etc etc, but it's not like it's a complete bottom of the barrel team.

Comment

Many Madden players have been in Madden 21 for nearly half a month. They used MUT 21 Coins they prepared before the game was released to do a lot of things such as buying new player cards. Many players did use the new players to enhance their lineup, but the fact before them is that they are about to run out of their Madden 21 Coins reserve.

The best way is to go to GameMS to get a lot of Cheap Madden 21 Coins at a low price. What shocks every player who comes here for the first time is that almost all the prices it sells are affordable to players. Under the multiple protections of an absolutely secure trading system and a professional customer service team, they don't have to worry about any risks, they just need to rest assured to Buy MUT 21 Coins. The average staff only needs 20 minutes to complete 98% of the order, which can show how fast their delivery is. The 24/7 online human customer service will solve problems and doubts for players at any time. Come on!
                  GameMS has always provided players with secure and Cheap Madden Coins, buying Madden NFL 21 Coins here will get the best products and services and fast delivery.

Comment

We have a signed contract to open the season (Nov 10th) at Boise State as the beginning of a Home and Home. With the start date being pushed back, I don't know if they'll try to move the date or delay the series a year or what. I'll add it to the original post for now.

Hopefully we get it figured out. A home schedule based around Richmond and Boise for 21-22 is a solid start.
                    #MACtion

Comment

I really hope they can move the Cayman Islands games, since the agreed upon start date for the season is now right after when the tourney was supposed to take place, but I'm not counting on it.

Comment

I imagine that the low D1 schools/D2/D3 schools are the ones that'll get hosed the most. Those games like Richmond and Boise State and tourneys will definitely take priorities. I'd have to assume, anyhow.

Comment

Interesting development here, a couple of big name schools like Duke and L'uhville are floating having bubbles of their own, with Duke opting out of the Battle 4 Atlantis (held in famed Atlantis, South Dakota), and L'uhvilles coach doing... this https://twitter.com/CoachChrisMack/s...74152017014786

So unpredictable scheduling just got more unpredictable-r. You know that a couple more teams are gonna float this idea.

Comment

Originally posted by sevelev711 View Post
                            Interesting development here, a couple of big name schools like Duke and L'uhville are floating having bubbles of their own, with Duke opting out of the Battle 4 Atlantis (held in famed Atlantis, South Dakota), and L'uhvilles coach doing... this https://twitter.com/CoachChrisMack/s...74152017014786

So unpredictable scheduling just got more unpredictable-r. You know that a couple more teams are gonna float this idea.
                            If we don't already have games scheduled that week, this could be good for us. I'd guess the Cayman MTE is cancelled, and maybe we could sneak in one of these. Being close to South Dakota, that B4A tourney is still pretty loaded, I'd love to steal Dukes place in that.
                            Last edited by CyCarp; 09-19-2020, 06:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sevelev711 View Post

There was a DMR article a couple of days ago stating the powers that be in Des Moines are exploring having the metro as a bubble site for NCAA men’s basketball. It sounds like there is some mutual interest between Des Moines and the NCAA, but all very preliminary and far from a sure thing. If they’re talking with Des Moines, they’re talking with others too. My interpretation of the article was “smoke = fire” type thing for the bubble concept.

Comment

League schedule released today. Games begin Dec 30th. Will update when available.

Be shocked if the 2 Loyola games aren't on Feb 6 and 27.
                                #MACtion

Comment

Working...
                                X