WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020-21 Basketball Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't we also have another entry to the Battle 4 Atlantis/South Dakota soon? We're practically Chaminade at this point. But, ya know, more successful.

Comment

• Originally posted by sevelev711 View Post
      Don't we also have another entry to the Battle 4 Atlantis/South Dakota soon? We're practically Chaminade at this point. But, ya know, more successful.
      We've beaten UNC and KU, but we haven't beaten Duke. Baby steps for us and Chaminade

Comment

• Some interesting comments in the below article regarding AJ`s touches and some more expectations for the freshmen.

The ball-handling ability of sophomore Antwan Kimmons and freshman newcomer Bowen Born’s will allow Green to catch off screens instead of always coming up the court with the ball.
        “It’s something I haven’t done that much up until this point,” Green said. “Finding other ways that I can create for myself and others off the ball, I think it’s very helpful for me and our whole team. We continue to work with it and use me both on and off the ball this year.”

Comment

• There's gonna be so many ways to score this year. Phyfe one on one down low, Trae catch and shoot, Pickford backdoor cuts, Kimmons/Borne drives to the bucket, Green all of the above, pick and roll. Should be a fun offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by sevelev711 View Post
            There's gonna be so many ways to score this year. Phyfe one on one down low, Trae catch and shoot, Pickford backdoor cuts, Kimmons/Borne drives to the bucket, Green all of the above, pick and roll. Should be a fun offense.
            Don't forget Phyfe shooting 3s

Comment

• Originally posted by orangetennis View Post
              Some interesting comments in the below article regarding AJ`s touches and some more expectations for the freshmen.

The ball-handling ability of sophomore Antwan Kimmons and freshman newcomer Bowen Born’s will allow Green to catch off screens instead of always coming up the court with the ball.
              “It’s something I haven’t done that much up until this point,” Green said. “Finding other ways that I can create for myself and others off the ball, I think it’s very helpful for me and our whole team. We continue to work with it and use me both on and off the ball this year.”

https://wcfcourier.com/sports/colleg...related-bottom
              Really good article.

That's a deep roster.
              Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

• Originally posted by CyCarp View Post
                Nick Petaros Twitter feed with some good info today (it's Media Day?). Apparently we turned down this MTE two weeks ago, and everything came together within the last 24 hours to get back in. Also, Gonar Mar's waiver was denied. They've appealed, but don't expect to hear back until after the MTE.
                That has to be the only waiver the NCAA has denied this year. It makes no sense to deny waivers for kids moving closer to home under the circumstances this country is dealing with right now.

Comment

• I think I read that DeAndre Williams (Evans—>Memphis) was also denied.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hacksaw View Post
                    Looks like UNI is switching away from the Nebraska MTE to Sioux Falls.

Per Rothstein: "Sources: Northern Iowa is replacing Texas A&M in the Bad Boy Mowers Crossover Classic in South Dakota."
                    "Updated Bad Boy Mowers Crossover Classic bracket:
                    West Virginia/Northern Iowa
                    Saint Mary's/Memphis
                    Creighton/South Dakota State
                    Utah State/Wichita State"
                    I wonder if we can get St Louis to do a H-H starting this year...

Comment

• I like that Jake has decided we're going 9 deep and not trying to stretch it to 11 like he's tried before. If the Mar appeal gets approved he's there as a 'break glass in an emergency' guy. He still needs the time to really heal if he can get it.

Green
                      Berhow
                      Pickford
                      Carter
                      Phyfe

Kimmons
                      Betz
                      Heise
                      Born

Looks pretty damn good to me.

I love that we'll be able to play a lot of 5 out too, especially with Betz on the floor. All that cutting and reading action with nothing in the lane.
                      #MACtion

Comment

• My biggest worry is defensively. I think Isaiah will be missed more than people think. I really hope Tywhon can fill in for him, but I don't think he has the quickness and length that really made Isaiah so good imo. Off the bench we have 2 guys at or under 6', which I don't see as a big issue in conference, but next week could cause problems. With that said, those 2 guys seem like the undersized pest-type who drive others crazy, so hopefully there aren't issues there. I really hope I'm wrong though.
                        To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

• Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
                          I like that Jake has decided we're going 9 deep and not trying to stretch it to 11 like he's tried before. If the Mar appeal gets approved he's there as a 'break glass in an emergency' guy. He still needs the time to really heal if he can get it.

Green
                          Berhow
                          Pickford
                          Carter
                          Phyfe

Kimmons
                          Betz
                          Heise
                          Born

I love that we'll be able to play a lot of 5 out too, especially with Betz on the floor. All that cutting and reading action with nothing in the lane.
                          Also have Cole Henry and Derek Krogmann available to provide post depth if we need it, especially next Wednesday against the big guy for WV.

Comment

• Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
                            I like that Jake has decided we're going 9 deep and not trying to stretch it to 11 like he's tried before. If the Mar appeal gets approved he's there as a 'break glass in an emergency' guy. He still needs the time to really heal if he can get it.

Green
                            Berhow
                            Pickford
                            Carter
                            Phyfe

Kimmons
                            Betz
                            Heise
                            Born

Would’t be surprised to see Kimmons or Bowen in the starting 5 in place of Carter. Need another ball handler in there with AJ.
                            UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
                            iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

• Originally posted by CyCarp View Post
                              My biggest worry is defensively. I think Isaiah will be missed more than people think. I really hope Tywhon can fill in for him, but I don't think he has the quickness and length that really made Isaiah so good imo. Off the bench we have 2 guys at or under 6', which I don't see as a big issue in conference, but next week could cause problems. With that said, those 2 guys seem like the undersized pest-type who drive others crazy, so hopefully there aren't issues there. I really hope I'm wrong though.
                              This is exactly my biggest concern going into this season. While Tywhon can hold his own, he is not the lockdown type defender Isaiah was. IMO, he has shown he is not quite as quick. Here's hoping I'm wrong and my concern is for not.
                              It will also be interesting to see if one of the freshman turns into that lockdown for the future.

Comment

• Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post

Would’t be surprised to see Kimmons or Bowen in the starting 5 in place of Carter. Need another ball handler in there with AJ.
                                Me either, I'm really, really high on what Carter can be on the offensive end.

And if we're talking ball handling against WV, it's got to be Kimmons. Can you imagine your first taste of college ball against that defense? Woof.
                                #MACtion

Comment

Working...
                                X