WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020-21 Basketball Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UNIdad
    replied
    Originally posted by sevelev711 View Post

Lol @ the idea of the NCAA selection committee picking Drake over Duke (or just [mid major] over [blue blood]).

Wait, I picked Drake over Duke? Guess I should have put on my glasses!

Leave a comment:

• sevelev711
    replied
    Originally posted by CincyPanther88 View Post

Might depend on how some of the P5 teams who have not performed up to expectations do in their remaining games. Duke, UK, MSU, etc. If they don't get in by winning their conference tournament or at large, that may open a spot for the Drakes of the world.
    Lol @ the idea of the NCAA selection committee picking Drake over Duke (or just [mid major] over [blue blood]).

Leave a comment:

• CincyPanther88
    replied
    Originally posted by PantherAlum09 View Post

I really don't think that will even get it done. That non conference schedule bites them big in the end. It was considered fairly weak to start the year, but it's only gotten worse with how bad all of those teams have been. It's too bad, though. I think Drake could be a dangerous team.
    Might depend on how some of the P5 teams who have not performed up to expectations do in their remaining games. Duke, UK, MSU, etc. If they don't get in by winning their conference tournament or at large, that may open a spot for the Drakes of the world.

Leave a comment:

• UNI Ka-Bullseye
    replied
    I could see Loyola, Drake, Mo St, Valpo, Indiana St, and even Bradley or Southern Illinois winning it if they got hot. Obviously UNI, too, but there may be some bias in that statement...
    Please not Bradley. Still bitter about how they beat us in 2019 and then won it last year as the 4 without ever playing any of the top 3 seeds (beat 5, 8, and 7).

Leave a comment:

• orangetennis
    replied
    It would be sooo UNI to lose to ISUr on Thursday.
    This group needs some experience in St Louis. Hopefully we can earn at least two games next week.

Leave a comment:

• hoopfan
    replied
    Originally posted by CyCarp View Post

I honestly think our best chance would have been Loyola as the 2 seed. They're clearly the best team in the conference and I think you have a better chance of beating them when you have 1 game under your belt in STL, which allows you to get accustom to the floor, shooting background, etc. vs playing them on your 4th day in a row while it's their 3rd day in a row. Regardless, hopefully we can make it a good showing. I think we have the ability to make a run, just need the offense to be consistent.
    I want no part of a team that barely broke a sweat and beat us by 40+ points. This team has to figure out to beat Ill. St. first and then any game after that is just a bonus.

Leave a comment:

• PantherAlum09
    replied

I honestly think our best chance would have been Loyola as the 2 seed. They're clearly the best team in the conference and I think you have a better chance of beating them when you have 1 game under your belt in STL, which allows you to get accustom to the floor, shooting background, etc. vs playing them on your 4th day in a row while it's their 3rd day in a row. Regardless, hopefully we can make it a good showing. I think we have the ability to make a run, just need the offense to be consistent.
    That's a good point. I think the performance we had our first two games at Loyola still haunt me a little.

Leave a comment:

• CyCarp
    replied
    I think we ended up on the right side of the bracket if we want to somehow be the first Thursday team to win this thing:

Illinois St should be a win. (I hate that it's the 3rd game in a row against them, but we should be better)

Drake (We played them well in the second game, and I think we have improved since that game, plus Drake won't have Penn. Hemphill could be back, though)

Mo St or Valpo (Mo St is really tough and Valpo is sneaky dangerous, but who knows)

Loyola should be the last team there. They are the best team in the conference IMO, but there could be a handful of teams that could feasibly win this.

I could see Loyola, Drake, Mo St, Valpo, Indiana St, and even Bradley or Southern Illinois winning it if they got hot. Obviously UNI, too, but there may be some bias in that statement...

Leave a comment:

• PantherAlum09
    replied
    I think we ended up on the right side of the bracket if we want to somehow be the first Thursday team to win this thing:

Illinois St should be a win. (I hate that it's the 3rd game in a row against them, but we should be better)

Drake (We played them well in the second game, and I think we have improved since that game, plus Drake won't have Penn. Hemphill could be back, though)

Mo St or Valpo (Mo St is really tough and Valpo is sneaky dangerous, but who knows)

Loyola should be the last team there. They are the best team in the conference IMO, but there could be a handful of teams that could feasibly win this.

Leave a comment:

• PantherAlum09
    replied
    Drake losses to Bradley. Drake's only hope of an at large is probably getting to Sunday and losing a close one to Loyola. Even then, they'll be awfully nervous on Selection Sunday.
    I really don't think that will even get it done. That non conference schedule bites them big in the end. It was considered fairly weak to start the year, but it's only gotten worse with how bad all of those teams have been. It's too bad, though. I think Drake could be a dangerous team.

Leave a comment:

• CyCarp
    replied
    Drake losses to Bradley. Drake's only hope of an at large is probably getting to Sunday and losing a close one to Loyola. Even then, they'll be awfully nervous on Selection Sunday.

Leave a comment:

• Hacksaw
    replied
    This year, the MVC added a "best win" between head-to-head and NET ranking.

That means in a 2-team tie:
    Evansville beats UNI due to 2-0 H2H record
    Valpo beats UNI due to better win (Drake)
    At 7-11 or 6-12 Bradley beats UNI due to better win (Drake)
    At 5-13, UNI beats Bradley due to better win (Mo St) but Thursday is a lock at this point
    UNI beats SIU due to better win (unless SIU knocks off Loyola next weekend)
    Cannot finish with the same record as Illinois State

Leave a comment:

• CyCarp
    replied
    What are the tiebreakers for Arch Madness seeding? I can recall if it's NET ranking, non-conference SOS or something different. We still have slim hopes of missing out on Thursday, but will need help and tiebreakers might be a factor.

Leave a comment:

• CyCarp
    replied
    Not sure where to ask this, but has anybody heard anything about AJ having surgery on his other hip? I question it, but my brother heard it from somebody I'd say is a reliable source. They basically said he'd need the 2nd hip done at some point so might as well do it while he's out. I'm not sure if it's already been done or if it'll be done in the near future. Had anybody heard anything similar? Maybe I'm way late on this story, but I haven't seen him on crutches in weeks.

Leave a comment:

• UNI Ka-Bullseye
    replied
    FYI - tickets to UNI Drake game on Feb 10 in the Knapp Center went on sale to the general public at 10am today. Looks like there are still some “pods” of 3 or 4 tickets available - a little surprising for an undefeated, ranked team against an in-state opponent when they’re only trying to fill 15% or so of the arena. I’m excited for the game as it may the only opportunity for me to see the Panthers in person this weird season.

Note: you will need an account on Drake’s AXS ticketing app to purchase tickets.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X