WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keeping an eye on the national rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeping an eye on the national rankings

Panthers are starting to get votes now after their 2 road wins out west:

#36 in the AP
    #37 in the Coaches Poll
    #20 RPI

28 in NET, which usurped RPI a while ago.

Comment

Goodman from ESPN has UNI at 24.

Edit: I don’t tweet so you may need to look it up or maybe somebody else can link it. I don’t think it linked correctly.
      Last edited by skydog0784; 12-22-2019, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Goodman actually had us at 23 last week, but he put Wichita ahead of us this week. Seth Davis tweeted his, we're 26/27 on his list (originally had Duquense 25 and us 27, then he realized they lost today and dropped them).
        To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

I imagine we'll hover around there for a couple weeks, but if we take down Bradley on national TV, we'll rocket in. That'd be 13-1 with for sure one (maybe two, SCar depending) great win and a home win on TV.

Comment

Jumped a spot in NET to 23 this morning. Looking at the old/new rankings, 1 loss can really knock a team down. Richmond dropped from 25 to 53, Virginia from 31 to 69, Duquesne from 23 to 66.
            To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

Could be as much a factor of who they lost too as much as some other things coming around

Richmond lost to 2-7 (before the game) Radford. They have a SOS of 224 (per RTR). Their wins this year have been 3-7 4-9 5-6 4-6 1-8 1-7 2-10 5-4 7-4 6-5 8-5. That's not to say UNI's resume is significantly better in terms of record of opponents outside of South Carolina and Colorado as of now.

I believe NET also takes "style" points into play in terms of MOV and what not. That hurts UVA quite a bit given they are winning games like 48-44 this year. Duquense might be similar to Richmond in that their SOS is 333 and their wins are (in the RPI) 223 261 250 235 218 340 233 132 185 74 - Indiana State is the best team they've played in terms of metrics

But all of that goes to show just how important it is to not slip up in Valley play as we likely see a very similar drop based on metrics we have left.

Comment

Mark Berman tweeted his ballot out he has us at 18

Comment

Our Old Dominion win is now quad 3 and South Carolina is quad 2. The net rankings go crazy for road wins, South Carolina jumped from 131 to 93.

Comment

18 in Andy Katz's "Power 36"

Comment

"36th" in this week's AP.

The official page for the AP Top 25 men's college basketball poll. Keep up to date and view the latest NCAA men's basketball ranking updates each week for the 2023-24 season.

Comment

Welp...I'm struggling to see a way UNI actually cracks into the top 25 right now based on that.

Comment

Originally posted by clenz View Post
                          Welp...I'm struggling to see a way UNI actually cracks into the top 25 right now based on that.
                          Just control what we can control and keep on winning. The rest of it will sort itself out.

Comment

What's hurting is that all of our points are from 7 voters. Need to keep winning and get guys to just rank us and the points will take care of themselves.
                            #MACtion

Comment

Yea that's disappointing. Based on what I saw from those who post their votes, I thought we'd be top 30. Oh well, all you can do is go out and keep winning.

Comment

Working...
                              X