WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keeping an eye on the national rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With their thumping of Loyola last night, a Indiana St jumped from 99 to 85 in NET. It's possible that the game at their place in a couple weeks could become a Q1 game.
    To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

• Old Dominion has (finally) jumped into Quad 3. Marshall is only 16 spots away so that's reasonable. Northern Colorado isn't quite going to get to Quad 2 but that's a win that is certainly helping numbers.

Also a decent chance that the SIU road game moves into Quad 2 as we go here which softens that blow a little.

Illinois State is starting to flirt with being a Quad 4 road game which is less than ideal.
      #MACtion

Comment

• I feel like Illinois St needs to get blown out a couple times to fall to Q4. After their loss @SIU on 1/4 they were NET 207, they've gone 1-8 since then and their current NET is 211. They should get a boost playing us, which will be a Q1 game for them, plus they have another Q2 game remaining on their schedule. I just can't imagine them dropping 30 spots looking at the last few weeks.
        To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by article
            19 Northern Iowa
            Previous: unranked
            Ben Jacobson's Panthers are 20-3 and have lost once since Jan. 1, a two-point defeat at Southern Illinois. Their best win is at Colorado from early December. Jacobson's been at Northern Iowa since 2006-07, but this year's team could become his best 3-point squad yet. At 39.1% from deep, it currently ranks higher than any previous UNI team in that respect. If it gets to Selection Sunday with four losses and no auto bid, it will be in the field.
            Probably right - No losses except the ArchMad final should do it.

Comment

• If we don’t lose again in the regular season, I would argue we should be able to lose on Friday and still get in.

One more regular season loss and a loss in STL on Saturday or Sunday would hopefully do the trick as well. That being said, I also don’t trust the committee. Just win.

Comment

• With UNI popping up in a few news articles this week and winning twice by double digits, I would hope we pick up some votes.

Several losses in the bottom half of the top 25. Michigan St had lost three in a row, likely needs to lose three more to fall out. Iowa got housed by Purdue but, they’re B1G so they’ll move up.

Comment

• West Va loses to Oklahoma tonight, not good for two reasons, one, hurts our metrics, two, Oklahoma was a "maybe" bubble team that's probably now "fairly comfortably in."

Comment

• Up a couple spots in NET this morning to 36. A little surprised Indiana St only dropped 7 spots to 93 after losing to Illinois St.

Comment

• SIU actually dropped a couple spots to 146 after last night's win. Seems like they've pretty much hit their ceiling with far too many blemishes on their resume.

That road loss will probably stay in the Q3 zone unless they beat us again

Comment

• Katz has us at #22 in his power rankings

Comment

• From not in the top 36 to #22

Me thinks he realized he's been ignoring UNI far too long and rather than say anything he's going to hope no one notices the massive jump and weeks of no mention

Comment

• 28th with 44 votes

Comment

• Originally posted by clenz View Post
                              From not in the top 36 to #22

Me thinks he realized he's been ignoring UNI far too long and rather than say anything he's going to hope no one notices the massive jump and weeks of no mention
                              I tweeted at him last week about him missing on UNI. No reply but maybe he took notice

Comment

• Unless there's a bunch of chaos this week, we aren't getting in next week either. Still 116 points behind 25th and Rhode Island picked up more votes than we did this week to put them 27th. godIzzogod and Michigan State are 26th so we know they're getting back in next week.
                                #MACtion

Comment

Working...
                                X