WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 13 - Illinois State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We gave up 56 points in one half to that dreadful team. What a load of crap.
    ISUr is a bad team. Their whole offense looks like street ball.
    We played like crap in the first half and still built a 15 pt lead but you have to bury teams like that, especially on the road. Otherwise things like this can happen.

Comment

• Illinois St shoots 20% higher than their season averages in 3s and FTs, we turn it over an astronomical amount, refs call every touch foul, except when our guy gets it stolen from him and ends up on his ass, we can't make FTs... probably lucky to even be tied late.
      To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

• Originally posted by orangetennis View Post
        We gave up 56 points in one half to that dreadful team. What a load of crap.
        We played like crap in the first half and still built a 15 pt lead but you have to bury teams like that, especially on the road. Otherwise things like this can happen.
        Its true. We could have put this one away in the first half but we made 3 baskets in the final 9 minutes.

Comment

• So we open conference play with a loss to a projected last-place team and lose our starting guard to injury. Depressing how things can change so drastically in a matter of 2 hours.

Comment

• Well that was fun. Even when you think we are not broken we actually still are.

If we can't win easily/consistently in this league with this team, we probable never will.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mudrafan View Post

It’s what happens when your offense is based almost entirely on perimeter shooting and no inside scoring and no penetration. Our floor game/guard play is horrendous.
              This made me laugh.

Have u seen more than one game this season? Goodness.
              Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

• Illinois State shoots 63% in the second half and 75% from three. Sure there was some luck there but it can’t happen if we don’t crap the bed defensively.

Comment

• Beat by our own game. They were better than us at three points shooting, FTs, and defense.
                  All the talk about being ranked got to us. We will never be ranked the rest of the year and should not after losing to a team with a losing record

Comment

• More-or-less puts at large talk to bed too.

Comment

• Originally posted by orangetennis View Post
                      We gave up 56 points in one half to that dreadful team. What a load of crap.
                      I mean, you're not wrong, but they made 16 FTs in the second half hit some just stupid ugly shots. We didn't play well but Illinois St also made every prayer they threw at the rim for about 15 minutes.
                      To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

• Originally posted by CyCarp View Post
                        How it's that last call not a jump ball?
                        Because we were reaching over his back in order to tie it up. It’s a new rule this year.

Comment

It’s what happens when your offense is based almost entirely on perimeter shooting and no inside scoring and no penetration. Our floor game/guard play is horrendous.
                          Get a life dude. Silence during preseason and you come on here and post junk like this. Why didn’t you post during first half? Play didn’t fit the narrative you come on and spew? Phyfe and Dahl got plenty of touches. Phyfe had second most attempts on team. We had 28 points in the paint. Did you actually watch? We had a guy who shoots 50% from 3 go 1-6 and they shot over 50% and banked one in from the wing.

Ban me, but your act is tired and you should be embarrassed. Oh and btw, thanks for the profane personal message you sent me after the Bradley loss last year. I’ll look forward to another one today.

Comment

• Originally posted by kochrab View Post

Welcome back to the board. Missed you while we were winning games.
                            I work for a living and I’m not a cheerleader. And I certainly don’t need to answer to you in regards to how I choose to support, cheer or vent my alma mater of myself and numerous family members and what is probably millions of dollars over a lifetime. To that. Mind your own damn business

Comment

• Originally posted by desertcat View Post
                              Rough game, these missed free throws cost us. But the one thing you can always count on, when the going gets rough there are certain people who always show up to talk **** on our team.
                              Or on a holiday that happens to be a TV game and conference opener. Big mouth

Comment

Because we were reaching over his back in order to tie it up. It’s a new rule this year.
                                So it is clear you don’t watch. Trey grabs the ball when he’s facing ISU player, ref was behind play and assumed a foul. Clearly jump ball. It was not at all an over his back. We actually got a tie up earlier in second when Phyfe was behind defender.

Comment

Working...
                                X