WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 13 - Illinois State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game 13 - Illinois State

Guys should be fresh with only one game in the past 2 weeks. It’s a shame that ISU isn’t better this season with some talent they have on their roster. Regardless, keep winning and improve that NET. Can’t wait!

A game that we should win going away, but in reality, just get out of Redbird Arena with a win. Historically speaking has been a tough place for Jake to win, but his best teams have gotten it done.

Comment

This one worries me a bit. We always struggle at ISUr, and hopefully there's no rust from only having 1 game the prior 18 days.
      To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

I would imagine they have been working on defense. We’ve been scoring a lot of point, but also allowing a lot.

Comment

Hope they're working on turnovers. Top-80 defense is fine if we keep the Top-30 offense and cut down on the large amount of TOs.

Comment

It would be great to turn the ball over less, but it's not like the team is just turning it over an exorbitant amount.

12.5 per game is 81st in the country and we are 5 total turnovers over the course of 12 games from being top 40 in TO per game.

Comment

Originally posted by clenz View Post
              It would be great to turn the ball over less, but it's not like the team is just turning it over an exorbitant amount.

12.5 per game is 81st in the country and we are 5 total turnovers over the course of 12 games from being top 40 in TO per game.
              And that's after playing WVU, South Carolina, Bakersfield and Marshall where the entire gameplan is to turn you over.
              #MACtion

Comment

6 point favorites today. Can’t let up. LETS GO BOYS
                UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
                iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post
                  6 point favorites today. Can’t let up. LETS GO BOYS
                  Bettors must be liking us, because it opened at 4.5. Not sure if that's good or bad...
                  To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

I've seen Illinois State 3 or 4 times. They really don't like to be defended and tend to get really sped up in the half court when the first option is taken from them. They're long and athletic defensively, like always.

Not a gimme but a game that a team like we think we have wins convincingly.
                    #MACtion

Comment

I'm honestly surprised at the line on this one. ISU isn't great but it's probably more so because we're on the road. Regardless, a double digit win would be a great NET booster on the road here.

Comment

I have only seen the redbirds a little this year. Just based on looking at Barttorvik though they are not a good rebounding team. Hopefully we can take advantage as that has been a strength. They are also not very good 2pt% team, don't get to the line (or make them) and turn it over quite a bit. Biggest key seems to be they do have shooters. 36.6% from 3 as a team ranks #46 nationally. 4 different guys around that 40% threshold. Hopefully we can keep them from getting hot.

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
                          I've seen Illinois State 3 or 4 times. They really don't like to be defended and tend to get really sped up in the half court when the first option is taken from them. They're long and athletic defensively, like always.

Not a gimme but a game that a team like we think we have wins convincingly.
                          I'm curious to see how the offense performs in conference play. Ill St.'s athleticism could cause some issues, but typically conference teams are more prepared than non-con opponents making things a little tougher on the offensive end. This team won a couple true road games earlier this month, but IMO this game sets the tone on how this group handles road games throughout conference play. Would love to see them come out and control the game and send a message to the rest of the league.

Comment

I feel better about the transition to conference play this year than I have in years past, but I still don't feel confident. I'm hoping for, though not expecting, a wire to wire blowout win.

Comment

I'm expecting a first half blow out. 20 point lead, which we partially let up on, but keep in the end.
                              Panthers 75
                              Redbirds 64

Comment

Working...
                              X