WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Drake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Drake

Are they any good? Really no standout wins, and they got destroyed by Dayton. Still 12-4 isn’t a bad record.

They play hard all game every game. That's more than about 6 or 7 other MVC teams can say

That alone will win them more than a few games, especially in this league where you have teams like UE, ISUr, MSU, Valpo etc. that have shown a tendency to shut it down when things are less than perfect.

Comment

They're also very well coached and prepared. Darian is the 2nd best coach in the league and does a really good job of putting his guys in position to succeed. They've been even better since they've decided to not play quite as fast.

I like them to finish in the top half pretty easily.
      #MACtion

Comment

I haven’t seen a lot of Drake yet, but they seem very solid.

UNI, Bradley, Indiana State, Drake, and Loyola seem to very clearly be the 5 teams in the league.
        UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
        iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

Surprised me they took down Loyola.

Comment

A couple of things that have helped them:

1. They recruited Roman Penn as a transfer PG. He’s a good, tough minded player who will have a couple of years left after this season.

2. Liam Robbins, the big guy at C, has played well, lessening the impact of losing McGlyn.

Comment

Seems like Robbins probably has the MVC most improved player award already locked up to me.

I thought Drake's frontcourt would really struggle this year with Robbins/Ernst. Robbins did an acceptable job filling up for 7 minutes a game last year in MVC play. One year later he is one of the better centers in the conference and really making an impact.

Comment

Working...
              X