WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 16 - Missouri State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game 16 - Missouri State

Game is tomorrow. Time to start discussing it.

They're talented. They seem to hate each other. They aren't particularly well coached.

Last year they tried to slow it way down against us and got swept for their trouble.

No idea what to expect out of them but its a game we have to win in order to do the things that we want to do.

Panthers 67-59
    #MACtion

Comment

No idea what to expect with this one.

Comment

Need to win this game. I expect it to be close. As long as we don't forget how to shoot the basketball we should be good

Comment

Won't be an easy one, but we're there better team. It'd be nice to see a complete, hard fought 40 minutes tonight. Looking ahead, 3 of the next 4 on the road, if we can sweep these 4 it REALLY sets us up for a big run. Let's get this one to get it started boys.
          To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

Trey and IB are so important to our offense right now with Spencer out.
            I really wish IB had developed a mid range game. He's taller and longer than most who guard him. He should be able to create his own shot but he's just not smooth on that end of the court. With that said Kimmons needs to get more run tonight. He changes the dynamic on offense with his ability to get by his defender and create opportunity with the callapsing defense.

Comment

I think it’s important to frustrate this opponent. Hopefully we crank up the defense. Get under their skin and they will turn on each other.

Comment

All the metrics sites like KenPom and Barttorvik expect a close game and only give up between a 50-65 chance to win. Hopefully we can play above that and coast to a nice, easy win, but I'm not expecting that.

Comment

I tend to believe (nay, expect!) Murphy's Law when we're on the road. Illinois State magically discovers how to shoot lights out for 20 mins for the 1st time all season. I expect MSU to suddenly exhibit chemistry like they're Alfred Nobel.

Such is the life of a superstitious and cynical Panther fan

Comment

Originally posted by panther-state View Post
                    I tend to believe (nay, expect!) Murphy's Law when we're on the road. Illinois State magically discovers how to shoot lights out for 20 mins for the 1st time all season. I expect MSU to suddenly exhibit chemistry like they're Alfred Nobel.

Such is the life of a superstitious and cynical Panther fan
                    This is frustratingly accurate. We will not coast to a victory and we'll be lucky to win the game.
                    I hope to see more minutes from freshmen which will translate to a deeper and better team in March.

Comment

Originally posted by orangetennis View Post

This is frustratingly accurate. We will not coast to a victory and we'll be lucky to win the game.
                      I hope to see more minutes from freshmen which will translate to a deeper and better team in March.
                      If we can win at Colorado, we can win at Missouri State. I'm not expecting it to be easy, especially without Spencer, but I'm not going to doubt this team either.

Comment

Originally posted by UNIChippewa View Post

If we can win at Colorado, we can win at Missouri State. I'm not expecting it to be easy, especially without Spencer, but I'm not going to doubt this team either.
                        No one is saying we can't win at Missouri State, obviously. But for several seasons running we have seen more resistance in conference play than in the non-con slate.
                        I would LOVE for us to play today like we played at Colorado but in reality MSU knows our personnel better and will make life more difficult for us to score. We won't see Trey and IB go 7 for 10 from three today and we won't get 14 pts from Dahl. We'll have to grind it out on the defensive end like we always do. Best case scenario we frustrate the Bears immensely and they eventually turn on themselves and we pull away down the stretch. But like panther-state said, things rarely go the way we feel it should and conference foes tend to shoot better against us than their season averages. I'm hoping we get out of Springfield with a single digit victory with a score likely in the 60's, (maybe even 50's) but not the 70's.

Comment

Per Nick Petaros...

No black warm-ups for Spencer Haldeman. He's taking pregame shots and it looks like he may be an option to return today.
                          To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

Originally posted by CyCarp View Post
                            Per Nick Petaros...

No black warm-ups for Spencer Haldeman. He's taking pregame shots and it looks like he may be an option to return today.
                            I trust our staff to not rush him back into things. Rolled ankles can be nagging if not fully healed. I would love to see him today but if he's not 100%, let's not play him.

Comment

I agree, I don't see Jake giving him a lot of minutes even if he can go. One more update from Petaros...

Spencer Haldeman was able to participate during a stretch of Friday’s practice. He completed full pregame with no noticeable limp. His shot looked good. He won’t start but is a bench option depending on how he’s feeling. UNI starting 5: Pickford, Green, Brown, Berhow, Phyfe

Comment

Working...
                              X