WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 16 - Missouri State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Trapped in California View Post
    Bart Torvick's Model had us scoring 64, and winning by 4. Wow
    According to the same model, we would have beaten 98% of the other college basketball teams that played up to this point today.

Comment

• Originally posted by UNIChippewa View Post

According to the same model, we would have beaten 98% of the other college basketball teams that played up to this point today.
      Not that far off, imo. We played a lot better today than we did at Colorado, and they're in the 90th percentile.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wxcpanther View Post

This is incorrect. Lehman has probably called more games in the McLeod than JQH Arena. The other guy is the "voice of the Valley".
        You're both wrong.

Play by play is John Rooney, radio voice of the Cardinals.

Analyst is Rich Zvosec, former head coach at UMKC and Arkansas State. Does Valley and Sun Belt games.

Voice of the Valley is Mitch Holthus who is the radio voice of the Chiefs. He's a little busy right now.
        #MACtion

Comment

• Wow, just now finished watching the game today. What a dominant performance, MO ST was never really in it.

Green is in a total zone. Brown, Haldeman, Phyfe, and Dahl played well.

This season is shaping up to be something special I think.

Comment

• The Illinois State game made me think of past seasons, where a good non-conference run became fool's gold for the conference. Two wins at home by about 3 buckets each did not increase my confidence by a lot. A beat-down of the pre-season favorite on the road does make one sit up and take notice.

Please stay healthy, A.J.
            Last edited by '70 Grad; 01-11-2020, 06:51 PM.

Comment

• I wonder if the UNI WBB team got to attend the mens game, since they also play in Springfield tomorrow afternoon (and I imagine they've already traveled down there)

Comment

• Just finished watching the game and WOW! Woulda liked to see more subs, but it seems silly to complain after such a dominant performance on the road. Go Panthers!

Comment

• Originally posted by '70 Grad View Post
                  The Illinois State game made me think of past seasons, where a good non-conference run became fool's gold for the conference. Two wins at home by about 3 buckets each did not increase my confidence by a lot. A beat-down of the pre-season favorite on the road does make one sit up and take notice.

Please stay healthy, A.J.
                  Even though Missouri State was the preseason favorite I would say that Bradley and Indiana State were both better teams.

Comment

• MSU was all dumbass media hype because Dana found a group of athletic kids that don't look like AJ Green, but don't actually know how to play basketball or as a group.

Dana is this outspoken, loves the media coverage, personality. Media loves that. They voted for that.

He can't coach for ****. He couldn't out scheme more than 60% of Iowa HS coaches. He had a group of guys who, outside of wearing the same uniform, don't seem to care about each other or how others do in a game. They don't celebrate plays together. They don't seem interested in anything other than "me" on the court.

He's been looking for the fastest way out of Springfield since the day he got there. He assumed the valley was a league he could just out recruit athletes and win in to get that next job. He's closer to being fired than getting that next job, and that's saying something considering MSUs reluctance to fire coaches because they can't afford it.

MSU was the preseason pick because people don't see past the flash Dana presented. Remember all that hype about them signing a 4* PG and getting him to reclassify to this year's class and how impactful he was going to be? He has scored 22 points all season. He was a 4* recruit because of who he is related too not because of his play. That's a perfect summation of that program.

Those that have really followed the valley knew deep down there were significant issues in Springfield and if there were early season issues it would snowball. It's crackng and snowballing like many thought it would. The media wouldn't vote for them lower though even if they believed that same thing. Didn't want to go against the grain.

Second year in a row under Dana they will be preseason top 2 prediction and be a Thursday type team.

​​​​​​Imagine having a donor spend all that money to build you all those facilities MSU has, and be as bad as MSU is.

Comment

• Someone on their board asked in the gamethread:
                      Is it football season yet?
                      A Missouri State fan...can't wait...for football season to begin. That is how demoralizing this basketball team has been for them after preseason expectations.

It may have been the saddest thing I'd ever read on a message board and I've been around long enough to remember when lakebison was outed as some kooky loser after sending threatening messages to a member of Congress
                      Last edited by panther-state; 01-11-2020, 09:29 PM.

Comment

• 23 point road win has to look good to the computers, regardless of opponent. We were the only road win in the conference today, 3 of the 4 home wins were blowouts (Valpo over Drake was the exception). Some separation at the top with six 2-1 teams now down to three 3-1 teams. Let’s keep it rolling against Valpo Wednesday.

Comment

• In Dana's defense, he stayed around to see the end of his ass kicking/coaching clinic this year.
                          #MACtion

Comment

• Originally posted by UNI Ka-Bullseye View Post
                            23 point road win has to look good to the computers, regardless of opponent. We were the only road win in the conference today, 3 of the 4 home wins were blowouts (Valpo over Drake was the exception). Some separation at the top with six 2-1 teams now down to three 3-1 teams. Let’s keep it rolling against Valpo Wednesday.
                            Up 23 spots in KenPom. Also now a Top 25 Offense, you know, just like always...

Twas a good day.
                            #MACtion

Comment

• Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

Up 23 spots in KenPom. Also now a Top 25 Offense, you know, just like always...

Twas a good day.
                              Where are you getting that stat from? I'd love to read about it. Also, I'm pretty sure this is the first coach Jake team to have a highly rated offense, correct? Even the 09-10 team was ranked really low, IIRC.

Comment

• Originally posted by kochrab View Post

Where are you getting that stat from? I'd love to read about it. Also, I'm pretty sure this is the first coach Jake team to have a highly rated offense, correct? Even the 09-10 team was ranked really low, IIRC.
                                22nd on KenPom in effective FG%. The 14-15 team (Tut's senior year) was actually 18th in offensive efficiency and and 9th in effective FG%

Comment

Working...
                                X