WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Something to consider?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something to consider?

Watching the Creighton Xavier game. Xavier keeps track on scoreboard of defensive stops. Three stops becomes a kill. Seven kills equals 90% winning percentage. Seems to involve the fans. Would fit or defense.

Interesting.

Comment

That's kinda cool, and with how much the team/the fans embrace defense, UNI certainly wouldn't be the worst place for it.

Comment

Never heard this before, and I have to say, I do not hate the idea.
        UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
        iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

Originally posted by harry joy View Post
          Watching the Creighton Xavier game. Xavier keeps track on scoreboard of defensive stops. Three stops becomes a kill. Seven kills equals 90% winning percentage. Seems to involve the fans. Would fit or defense.
          I like it, but I do not like the "three stops becomes a kill." Sounds like "Three stops becomes a kill - 5 kills is a demerit - 4 demerits is a citation - 3 of those and you're looking at a disadulation."

I would rather put huge Xs up in the corner across from the visitor bench for each one.

Comment

I'd like to see us do a promotion where if UNI holds an opponent to under 60 points, everyone with a ticket gets a free pizza. Might get some more students to come to the games.
            "And immediately, (P'Allen Stinnett's) Facebook status was spouting vulgarities towards the university."

Comment

Originally posted by CincyPanther88 View Post
              I'd like to see us do a promotion where if UNI holds an opponent to under 60 points, everyone with a ticket gets a free pizza. Might get some more students to come to the games.
              But students don't actually get tickets do they?
              Number of times on Sports Illustrated cover:
              Ben Jacobson coached teams = 2
              UNI teams coached by everyone ban thinks is better = 0

Comment

Originally posted by catsize View Post

But students don't actually get tickets do they?
                Nope, they use their student id and that gets scanned at the door

Comment

Students get free pizza Wed night vs Valpo

Comment

Keep track of shot clock violations?

Comment

Originally posted by harry joy View Post
                      Keep track of shot clock violations?
                      There we go. That's been one of the consistencies, people getting loud when the shot clock is around ten and then gettin' mildly nuts when it runs out.

...But let's get a jumbotron and then worry about that shot clock counter later.

Comment

Nothing packs in the students like a defensive masterpiece!

Comment

All these suggestions would seem super weird to someone looking up UNI for the first time. "Yeah they've got one of the best offenses in the country yet for some reason they love their defense."

Comment

Originally posted by sevelev711 View Post
                            All these suggestions would seem super weird to someone looking up UNI for the first time. "Yeah they've got one of the best offenses in the country yet for some reason they love their defense."
                            Right? I am unwilling and unable to change how I feel about defense and a nice slow pace.
                            #MACtion

Comment

even with UNI's lackluster attendance, I don't think you'd find anyone willing to sponsor such a promotion. who is going to give away 3000 free pizzas?

Comment

Working...
                              X