WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 17- Valpo (Black out!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to mute any mention of Mudra? He deserved the crap we've flung at him, but let's give it a rest and move on to the next game.

We've beaten this horse so badly there's only a pile of glue left over.

Comment

• Good point. Moving onto something different and petty, I hopped over to the Valpo board and they seem to dislike us a healthy amount, and I've got no idea why. They say that we're like Butler...which considering the year Butler is having, seems to be a compliment but they treated it as a burn? To my knowledge, there's no bad blood within the programs themselves, and I while I know that fanbases of all shapes and sizes can be bags when they want to be, I find it hard to believe we've been that bad to 'em. Anyone know?

Comment

• Originally posted by sevelev711 View Post
        Good point. Moving onto something different and petty, I hopped over to the Valpo board and they seem to dislike us a healthy amount, and I've got no idea why. They say that we're like Butler...which considering the year Butler is having, seems to be a compliment but they treated it as a burn? To my knowledge, there's no bad blood within the programs themselves, and I while I know that fanbases of all shapes and sizes can be bags when they want to be, I find it hard to believe we've been that bad to 'em. Anyone know?
        My most relevant Butler memory is the first UNI game I ever attended was in the UNI Dome and Butler won at the buzzer. I remember the guy hitting the shot then running up the aisle way back towards the locker room as his team swarmed him. Butler has come a LONG way from that moment.

Comment

Good point. Moving onto something different and petty, I hopped over to the Valpo board and they seem to dislike us a healthy amount, and I've got no idea why. They say that we're like Butler...which considering the year Butler is having, seems to be a compliment but they treated it as a burn? To my knowledge, there's no bad blood within the programs themselves, and I while I know that fanbases of all shapes and sizes can be bags when they want to be, I find it hard to believe we've been that bad to 'em. Anyone know?
          I can't remember, were there alot of UNI fans that complained about Valpo being invited to the MVC back when they joined?
          If so, that could generate some bad blood, similar to how some UNI fans carry bad blood for Bradley I believe after some Bradley fans made similar remarks about UNI joining the conference back in the day.
          (or maybe I'm misremembering things again)

Comment

• Well, we do tend to beat them pretty regularly, That probably doesn't make them happy. I on the other hand don't have any problem with Valpo. Lottich seems to handle himself with class, and Freeman-Liberty was really impressive. We really couldn't stop him and Jake was discussing how good Liberty was on defense.
            If somebody decides to donate a bunch of money for a new gym that will be a tough program to beat.
            "My role is to lead, plain and simple. . . .I with the help of my staff and our administration, we will lead." --Ben Jacobson

Comment

• How was crowd for game?

i so the Minnesota Gophers we’re running a special for $15 you got in game and a free beverage, including a beer.

Butts in seats is an issue everywhere.

I think you need to do whatever it takes to get people in door and get your money back on concessions.

Comment

• Originally posted by run&blade View Post
                How was crowd for game?

i so the Minnesota Gophers we’re running a special for $15 you got in game and a free beverage, including a beer.

I think you need to do whatever it takes to get people in door and get your money back on concessions.
                It was a good sized crowd for a weekday game. They had a special of 4 tickets for 40 dollars that included a drink and some food as well.

Comment

Take a peek at the all time series record and you will have your answer.
                  UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
                  iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

How was crowd for game?

Looked at the box score and attendance was listed at 4057. Not to bad for a weekday game

Comment

I'm not quite sure either. Back when I attended UNI (87-92), Valpo was in the AMCU-8 conference with us. They were the doormat of the league back then, but I didn't think we had any bitter rivalry or anything.

Comment

I wish we were more like Butler. I wouldn’t mind two Final Fours and an invite to a power conference.

Comment

How was crowd for game?

Most colleges only make a fraction of their game-to-game concession revenue due to their deals with the concessionaire. I assume UNI is in that boat.

Comment

Working...
                          X