WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 21- Missouri State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please drop 100 on em

Comment

Originally posted by Leatherhelmet View Post
      Subs please. Let’s see some freshmen and walk-ons.
      Heck with that, let's hit the century mark.

Comment

Dana Ford, picked to win the league. Not a chemistry teacher. Ugh.

Comment

Clear the bench...

Comment

AJ on the floor after a loose ball with a 30 pt lead is sub-optimal.
            Subs please!

Comment

There we go...

Comment

Well done boys, now take care of the upcoming road trip.
                To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

Time to tune into SIU Loyola. Close game right now

Comment

Did the Salukis spike their ventilation system with krptonite? Or are they truly turning a corner?

Comment

I dig seeing AJ with only 2 turnovers. I hate that we're going to drop in the metrics because of perfectly decent defense. I think roughly 31 of MSU's 66 points came in the first four of both halves. Other than those two first four, there's nothing to complain about.

Comment

I’d say having green play 37 of 40 minutes in a 30 point mid-week home win would be one. Jacobsen has ridden the starting 5 like rented mules since day 1 this season. The lack of playing time for Kimmons, Dahl and Mcdonnell (after starting all last year) is bewildering. Not playing Kimmons more is particularly stupid when you consider the struggles of the guards in high leverage games/situations. But jacobsen is as loyal and stubborn as they come. He’ll sink or swim with these 5.

Comment

Originally posted by sevelev711 View Post
                          I dig seeing AJ with only 2 turnovers. I hate that we're going to drop in the metrics because of perfectly decent defense. I think roughly 31 of MSU's 66 points came in the first four of both halves. Other than those two first four, there's nothing to complain about.
                          Based off KenPom defense was actually better tonight than what we've averaged, and offense was way above at more than 1.3 points her possession. That plus the South Carolina win should hopefully bump us up a couple spots.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudrafan View Post
                            I’d say having green play 37 of 40 minutes in a 30 point mid-week home win would be one. Jacobsen has ridden the starting 5 like rented mules since day 1 this season. The lack of playing time for Kimmons, Dahl and Mcdonnell (after starting all last year) is bewildering. Not playing Kimmons more is particularly stupid when you consider the struggles of the guards in high leverage games/situations. But jacobsen is as loyal and stubborn as they come. He’ll sink or swim with these 5.
                            He's doing it because offensive efficiency and margin of victory are huge keys to the NET. Can't have 10 minutes of sloppy inefficient basketball no matter what the score is.

I'm guessing he's not thrilled with it either but that's the system we're stuck with to get an at large if we need it.
                            #MACtion

Comment

McDonnell just isn't physically a guy to run out there. He did a great job last year, but Phyfe/Dahl is a much better combo, and Dahl hasn't really been great defensively the last couple games. I do agree that it'd be nice to see Kimmons get more minutes he'd such a spark plug. A game like this I'd really like to see Carter and Betz get some time too. But coaches have admitted they're also looking at NET and efficiency. In that regard, it's hard to argue. Right now we very well may be a bubble team if we don't win in STL, improving our numbers as much as we can only help.
                              To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

I'd agree with this paragraph with the exception of the bolded part. McDonnell played out of necessity last season and has never belonged on a D1 basketball court and he still doesn't today.
                                However, if what BCPanther said is true, then we really have no choice. It would explain why Coach Jake, a coach who was known for his "hockey style line changes" a decade ago, now cannot squeeze in an extra minute for his 8th and 9th rotation piece in a 20+ point game.

Comment

Working...
                                X