WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 21- Missouri State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sevelev711
    replied
    Regional blackout again? Are you kidding me?

Leave a comment:

• sivert
    replied
    MSU has a lot to play for. They know they have some tools and they are about 50/50 for Thursday PIG. If they think they can get it together and be what they were predicted to be at the end of the season, they need to start winning and avoid the PIG.

Plus they will be remembering the 30-point deficit we embarrassed them with on their floor.
    Also, teams have demonstrated doubling AJ works. This will be a fight.

Leave a comment:

• CyCarp
    replied
    Regardless, this is a Q3 game (all the next 5 are Q3 or Q4). We need to make an impression and beat these teams handily. At the end of the day, everybody in the Valley can be a tough game, no matter their record. But if we're a tourney team and as good as we think we are, it's a game we should win, fairly easily. There's no doubt in my mind we're the best of the bunch, let's prove it, convincingly.

Leave a comment:

• kochrab
    replied
    Originally posted by Khan4Cats View Post
    MSU is still a team with a lot of individual talent that would be capable of turning a game. We still have to play a team game on both ends of the floor.

The Bears have lost 11 games, 5 of them by double digits, the remaining 6 by 2 or fewer possessions, including by 3 at Xavier, 4 against Miami (FL) and 4 at Loyola.
    That's a crazy disparity.

Leave a comment:

• Khan4Cats
    replied
    MSU is still a team with a lot of individual talent that would be capable of turning a game. We still have to play a team game on both ends of the floor.

The Bears have lost 11 games, 5 of them by double digits, the remaining 6 by 2 or fewer possessions, including by 3 at Xavier, 4 against Miami (FL) and 4 at Loyola.

Leave a comment:

• SteinPizza
    replied
    Originally posted by sevelev711 View Post
    Normally this would be a 'like to see the bench get some minutes" type of game, and while it is that to an extent, personally, I'd like to see the starters get some of their mojo back. AJ going for twenty, Trae going three-for-three from behind the arc, etc.
    I’ll be surprised if that happens. MSU has made rotation and lineup changes since we played, and had won 2 of 3. That’s a talented team, so if they get their act together they’ll be tough to beat, much less blowout.

Leave a comment:

• MNpanthers
    replied
    9.5 pt favorites. That's about as favored as we've been all year.

Leave a comment:

• UNI Ka-Bullseye
    replied
    Cannot just step on the court and expect to win. Start with intensity, jump up early, stay focused and don’t look back, just like at their place.

Leave a comment:

• UNIGrainer
    replied
    We were quite sloppy both games last week. Gotta clean it up, hopefully starting tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• kochrab
    replied
    Some really good promotions going on for this game. They were selling the 4 for $40 pack again (includes 4 tickets, hot dogs, sodas) and they also have free pizza for students plus some cool arm sleeves for the first 250 students. Hopefully we get another packed McLeod tomorrow night!

Leave a comment:

• 06panther10
    replied
    Early 6pm tip time. Bring your friends. Have to protect home court.

MSU is still dangerous due to their talent and athleticism. Have to play well to win. I hope we can continue to improve upon our defense, which took a nice step forward against Loyola on Sunday.

Leave a comment:

• BCPanther
    replied
    Too much to ask to have the same start we did down there? That game was over at the 10:00 mark in the first half.

Leave a comment:

• sevelev711
    replied
    Normally this would be a 'like to see the bench get some minutes" type of game, and while it is that to an extent, personally, I'd like to see the starters get some of their mojo back. AJ going for twenty, Trae going three-for-three from behind the arc, etc.

Leave a comment:

• Big Cats
    replied
    I know this has been mentioned in other threads, but beginning with MSU the Panthers have a good chance to start a 5 or 6 (or more hopefully) game win streak.

Leave a comment:

• Wxcpanther
    started a topic Game 21- Missouri State

Game 21- Missouri State

Jake hasn't lost to Dana yet, and none of the games have been particularly close. I have a hard time believing that trend changes tomorrow night.
Working...
X