WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 21- Missouri State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wxcpanther
    replied
    Originally posted by troyvogel View Post
    Ya, that was one of their P5 transfers that AJ just destroyed.

Leave a comment:

• troyvogel
    replied

Leave a comment:

• enkamania
    replied
    Originally posted by OnMcleod9 View Post

What point in the game was this move? I have heard so much about it that I have to watch it now.
    It's in the link, 1 hour 33 minute mark

Leave a comment:

• sevelev711
    replied
    I, too, love Noah's reaction

Leave a comment:

• OnMcleod9
    replied
    Originally posted by clenz View Post
    That link should take you right too it. It did for me

Watch for Noah's reaction. He knows he just witnessed murder.
    Lol I could watch Noah's reaction again and again. Everyone else is all happy except Noah who is like, "Oh my, what just happened?" while he does this dancing thing with his feet.

Leave a comment:

• sivert
    replied
    Originally posted by clenz View Post

If you are already signed in to your ESPN+ account, it will take you right there. If you get the sign in screen, then after signing in it will start at the beginning. It's about 12:30 to go in the second half...

Leave a comment:

• clenz
    replied

Leave a comment:

• OnMcleod9
    replied
    Originally posted by kochrab View Post
    For anyone who has access to ESPN replays, here's the part where AJ should be handcuffed for killing a guy.

https://www.espn.com/watch/player?id...34&t=01h33m39s
    What point in the game was this move? I have heard so much about it that I have to watch it now.

Leave a comment:

• ronfitch
    replied
    "Everything," sophomore AJ Green said, "was clicking tonight."

DMRegister
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.des...amp/4615503002
    Last edited by ronfitch; 01-30-2020, 11:44 AM.

Leave a comment:

• HellSloth
    replied
    Originally posted by UNIGrainer View Post
    When was the last time we scored 44 in a half and that was the “bad” half?

Its real fun to watch when we are clicking. I especially liked how we were able to effectively exploit the double team so well.
    I agree. 2 teams had some success with doubling AJ right after he crossed half court. Missouri tried the same thing and it did not work out as well for them. Eventually, they had to abandon that strategy and that is when AJ started hitting 3s. Assuming we can have that same success off of the double teams moving forward, I don't think it will be utilized in the league for long. Should be noted that Isaiah Brown was integral in exploiting the double. Crazy that we can have success when a turnover prone shooting guard and a poor shooting wing are involved (#sarcasm). We really should just go with 2 bigs, a true point guard and run the 3-man weave until we have an open shot at the peach basket.

Leave a comment:

• enkamania
    replied
    For anyone who has access to ESPN replays, here's the part where AJ should be handcuffed for killing a guy.

I'm going in, I'm going out, I'm going up...KABOOM!

Leave a comment:

• MNpanthers
    replied

Still incredible after watching it 15 times

Leave a comment:

• kochrab
    replied
    Originally posted by UNIAlum95 View Post
    I was surprised that we couldn't work Noah into a lineup with the other starting 4 up 29 in the second half. AJ played every minute of the game until the 3 min mark of the second half. I was not aware of the impact of the efficiency model on our at-large chances so that might be part of it. I just remember this board talking non-stop about us running our starters into the ground with minutes just a few years ago and now we seem to be fine with it.

My guess though is that Jake found what he liked and stayed the course which is not uncommon for him in second halves of games. If this was tournament time, there would have been more subbing in the second half. They were back in the weight room at 8 this morning before the trip to Indiana. Let's get two on the road now.
    A lot of it has to do with what happened with our NET last night. We jumped 8 spots in the NET rankings which has to do with the efficiency of our game plus the win South Carolina had last night. That's a huge jump for being in the top 50.

Leave a comment:

• UNIAlum95
    replied
    I was surprised that we couldn't work Noah into a lineup with the other starting 4 up 29 in the second half. AJ played every minute of the game until the 3 min mark of the second half. I was not aware of the impact of the efficiency model on our at-large chances so that might be part of it. I just remember this board talking non-stop about us running our starters into the ground with minutes just a few years ago and now we seem to be fine with it.

My guess though is that Jake found what he liked and stayed the course which is not uncommon for him in second halves of games. If this was tournament time, there would have been more subbing in the second half. They were back in the weight room at 8 this morning before the trip to Indiana. Let's get two on the road now.

Leave a comment:

• kochrab
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X