WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 24 - Drake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SteinPizza View Post

Just to play devil’s advocate, Drake and a highly ranked A&M team are two different things. I’m high on this years’ team, and we have a nice nucleus coming back next year. However, criticism of the staff for past “stuff”, failing to capitalize on the 2010 S16 run in recruiting, etc., is legit, or at least legit enough to have a conversation. No question of any player’s determination whatsoever.
    We did capitalize. The sweet 16 led to the Tuttle team. They committed that summer

There was another big piece too. Unfortunately Friend Hats happened and he played for Creighton.
    #MACtion

Comment

• Pickford's dunk in the second half was impressive. I watched the replay several times. He caught the pass from Haldeman and got up to the rim in the blink of an eye. What an athletic play.

And with Robbins right there going for the block.

No fear from Ty.
      Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

• I know it's an old complaint, but the Des Moines media should know we are not NIU (at least they got Cedar Falls)

Liam Robbins had 17 points and three blocks for the Bulldogs (16-9, 6-6). D.J. Wilkins added 16 points, Anthony Murphy 15 points.

Comment

• There was for sure a point in that game where AJ decided to take over, it was a bit like the Wichita game where Tuttle decided he would just win the game on his own. Pretty cool to see. Rewatched the game, Ty was an unsung hero, great d, a few big rebounds, and timely offense.

Unrelated, I was getting worried that we hadn't heard from Mudra, then I found this video of him right before AJ took over...

Comment

• Also, Murphy from Drake played a heck of a game. His defense was really good on AJ and he hit several big shots. AJ was just on a different planet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Purple member View Post
              I know it's an old complaint, but the Des Moines media should know we are not NIU (at least they got Cedar Falls)

https://www.kcci.com/article/green-s...83-73/30827199
              Inexcusable. Probably written by a weekend intern from Drake. Email sent to the station manager. Thank you for sharing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blue42 View Post
                Pickford's dunk in the second half was impressive. I watched the replay several times. He caught the pass from Haldeman and got up to the rim in the blink of an eye. What an athletic play.

And with Robbins right there going for the block.

No fear from Ty.
                Ty might get off the floor quicker than anyone I've ever seen and it looks effortless. Up to that point of the game, no one had taken it hard at Robbins. That dunk changes the tone a bit. His defense is typically quite good and he also does a good job getting the ball into the post when they have position. I would love to see him find his offense a little more, but he's a guy that seems to be accepting a role and helping the team win.

Comment

• Originally posted by Purple member View Post
                  I know it's an old complaint, but the Des Moines media should know we are not NIU (at least they got Cedar Falls)

https://www.kcci.com/article/green-s...83-73/30827199
                  Originally posted by FOTY View Post

Inexcusable. Probably written by a weekend intern from Drake. Email sent to the station manager. Thank you for sharing.
                  It was off the AP wire. ESPN ran the same story, with the same error.

Possibly written by an intern, posted on ESPN by their intern and posted on KCCI by their intern.
                  "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

• Correct... from the station manager:
                    “That was an AP article that was added to our site. I corrected it. My apologies for not catching the mistake in the second paragraph. I see what you mean. Thanks for letting us know. We have been covering UNI as much as we can, including several trips to cover the home games and also a recent feature on AJ. We are excited to see what they do this March!”

Comment

• Lulz at D+ fans playing the "what if" game and saying they'd have beat UNI if AJ didn't score 34, yet conveniently forgetting UNI would have run them out of the gym if they didn't shoot 57% (11% above their average and 23% above their 3pt average) for the first 35 minutes of the game

Comment

• Originally posted by unipanthers8907 View Post
                        Lulz at D+ fans playing the "what if" game and saying they'd have beat UNI if AJ didn't score 34, yet conveniently forgetting UNI would have run them out of the gym if they didn't shoot 57% (11% above their average and 23% above their 3pt average) for the first 35 minutes of the game
                        That kind of goes both ways though. Many people on here saying this was the best Drake could play, while ignoring the fact that AJ, Trae, and Spence put on a shooting performance that was absolutely ridiculous.
                        "My role is to lead, plain and simple. . . .I with the help of my staff and our administration, we will lead." --Ben Jacobson

Comment

• Originally posted by FOTY View Post
                          Correct... from the station manager:
                          “That was an AP article that was added to our site. I corrected it. My apologies for not catching the mistake in the second paragraph. I see what you mean. Thanks for letting us know. We have been covering UNI as much as we can, including several trips to cover the home games and also a recent feature on AJ. We are excited to see what they do this March!”
                          That’s great of the station manager to reply.
                          "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

He’s right. KCCI did do a feature on AJ a week or so ago. It was very well done, and very positive on AJ and the team as a whole.

Comment

• Originally posted by domedays View Post

That kind of goes both ways though. Many people on here saying this was the best Drake could play, while ignoring the fact that AJ, Trae, and Spence put on a shooting performance that was absolutely ridiculous.
                              Difference is those three have done that all season. Not just once.

Comment

Oops, still missed another one in the 3rd paragraph.

Comment

Working...
                                X