WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 25 - Illinois St #2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On than Missouri State and probably Valpo at Valpo, we are getting everybody's best shot.

Comment

The sign of a bad team is that it's performance varies based on the quality of the opponent. It's relatively easy to focus on prep if you are going to be playing Kansas. Playing Kennesaw ST or Howard is the definition of trap.

Comment

I think the win last night guaranteed not playing on Thursday in St. Louis?

Comment

Originally posted by r54uni View Post
          I think the win last night guaranteed not playing on Thursday in St. Louis?
          We were at 0% after 2 games ago.

Down to only 11 potential situations of being the 5 even

Per Hacksaw

Comment

Not sure where else to post but on the layup, ft, 3pt, halfcourt can someone actually explain what happened. UNI is saying he gets 24 seconds and no rebounding help. Have they been clear all year the challenge is 24 seconds and people just assumed 30? Do they have any visible time in the arena?

Comment

Originally posted by UNIAlum2010 View Post
              Not sure where else to post but on the layup, ft, 3pt, halfcourt can someone actually explain what happened. UNI is saying he gets 24 seconds and no rebounding help. Have they been clear all year the challenge is 24 seconds and people just assumed 30? Do they have any visible time in the arena?
              I don't know how much time they get, but I am shocked there was a timing controversy/issue in the McLeod.

Comment

$10,000 on the line, the time needs to be displayed and a buzzer.

I am surprised they are so vague on it. They don’t appear to be very picky about where the feet are on half court shot either.

Last edited by run&blade; 02-13-2020, 11:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by clenz View Post

We were at 0% after 2 games ago.

Down to only 11 potential situations of being the 5 even
                  To be fair, this is only a simulation. So, as expected, it is highly improbable that UNI finishes outside of that range, but it is not meant to show every single possible outcome remaining (which is currently 33.5 million excluding shifts in NET rankings). However, I do believe UNI is mathematically eliminated from the Thursday session.

Comment

I looked at the games and I can find a possible scenario where I get Evansville 1 win, ISUr 4, Valpo 8 followed by a 7 way tie at 11-7. I would think in that situation we won't honestly still be the 1 seed with the NET tiebreaker but I am not taking the time to check the other tie-breakers.

Comment

Originally posted by run&blade View Post
                      $10,000 on the line, the time needs to be displayed and a buzzer.

I am surprised they are so vague on it. They don’t appear to be very picky about where the feet are on half court shot either.
                      Insurance companies provide what is commonly called "hole-in-one" insurance. Some underwriter figures out the odds of something happening, puts a price on it and issues the policy that pays the price if all of the conditions of the policy were met. My guess is UNI has one of those policies for the half court shot and it probably says the event must be completed in a certain time. Probably says the half-court shot must be taken behind the center line. If the conditions are not met, no insurance recovery. The insurer often requires proof of the event actually occurred - maybe a video.

To your point about YUNI being vague on the rules, yeah, I agree.

Comment

I sell this type of insurance (though not this particular promotion). The reason there is no clock displayed is actually for the insurance. That's another variable that can leave the insurer vulnerable to paying out an unearned award. If there is a malfunction or operator error, the insurance company is on the hook.

They'll send the video in (both the videoboard angle from above and the video taken on the floor). The insurer will confirm that the prize is not payable (as he wasn't even close to getting it off).

The sponsor giving him $2000 and Arch Madness tickets is an incredibly nice gesture. The kid came out just fine and this thing needs to die.
                        #MACtion

Comment

I haven't ever paid attention to this most of the year. Do they clearly announce to the crowd that he has 24 seconds? The main confusion seemed to stem from most thinking it was 30 seconds and/or the MC clearly being off on his countdown.

Comment

I haven't ever paid attention to this most of the year. Do they clearly announce to the crowd that he has 24 seconds? The main confusion seemed to stem from most thinking it was 30 seconds and/or the MC clearly being off on his countdown.
                            They do say 24 seconds however there is no real countdown and last night was compounded by the announcer who does not control the clock did a really slow final countdown to one and the shot was well after he said one. Awesome to know that the sponsor gave him a really nice reward and would have loved to have heard that at the game last night. Not sure when that decision was made.
                            If computers ruled college basketball the way they do football, we'd have skipped all this March Madness monotony and just waited a month for the Kansas-Kentucky title game. And watched Northern Iowa play Cornell in the Poulan Weedeater Bowl. ~ Dwight Perry The Seattle Times

Comment

Last night, even by the announcer's countdown, he did not make it.

Comment

in any case, it is a bad PR move to be deceptive with the time requirement, as evidenced by the crowd and social media backlash.
                                (unless you're of the school of thought that "all publicity is good publicity")

Comment

Working...
                                X