WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 26 - Loyola #2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mudra, I left this place for multiple years because of your toxicity. Finally decided to jump back in, because I anticipated you wouldn’t be here, and you haven’t been.

Go away. You are ruining a great place to discuss our beloved Panthers. Just. Go. Away.

Comment

• Kimmons should've played more tonight. He was effective against them in CF and they were over playing us all night. Kimmons would've exposed that.
      That said, if we don't turn it over twice as much as them we still win this one.

Comment

• Originally posted by CyCarp View Post
        Scoreless in OT, ouch. Did we even sub once in the 2nd half? Maybe JD came in for a bit, but that must have been it. No reason not to play Ty imo. Oh well. Margin for an at large is basically nothing now. Probably need to get the next 6. Thursday is doing to be the tough one.
        AJ made a jumper at the close.

Comment

• Originally posted by sevelev711
          Yeah, actually, the NET's gonna take a much bigger hit because of this score.
          I think if it's an OT loss it only counts as a 1 pt loss.

Comment

• Well that sucked. At large is probably gone, but still one game up in MVC standings, ISUb is the ultimate must win game.

Comment

• Very disappointed, but we were lucky to get to OT. Brown hits two 3s (what?) then Loyola inexplicably not fouling and allowing us to get a 3 off. OT Still a positive if it really does only count as a one point loss for NET.

Comment

• Originally posted by orangetennis View Post

I think if it's an OT loss it only counts as a 1 pt loss.
                Yep, I'm wrong, forgot about one of the only good parts of NET.

Comment

• Dahl should have played more on Krutwig. My 1000th complaint about Dahl not getting enough time. Kimmons and Carter have earned time. I’m not even sure Pickford had many minutes. We wore down. Depth is a strength for us, Jake shouldn’t treat it as a weakness. Obviously, turnovers kill us. We only shot 2 foul shots. That is an offensive design issue besides the refs screwing us. On the plus side we have such gritty players and are the best team. Brown was clutch, as was Berhow. Heal up AJ. We need you.

Comment

• Originally posted by sevelev711 View Post
                    Well that sucked. At large is probably gone, but still one game up in MVC standings, ISUb is the ultimate must win game.
                    This doesn't seem like an at large killer. We do have to win at ISUb this week though.
                    If computers ruled college basketball the way they do football, we'd have skipped all this March Madness monotony and just waited a month for the Kansas-Kentucky title game. And watched Northern Iowa play Cornell in the Poulan Weedeater Bowl. ~ Dwight Perry The Seattle Times

Comment

• Originally posted by Zakelsta View Post
                      Mudra, I left this place for multiple years because of your toxicity. Finally decided to jump back in, because I anticipated you wouldn’t be here, and you haven’t been.

Go away. You are ruining a great place to discuss our beloved Panthers. Just. Go. Away.
                      Totally second this. You have been INVISIBLE every time they've been on a winning streak (which has been often) this year. Now here you are, chomping at the bit, the second they stumble. Annoying and ridiculous.
                      Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
                      Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
                      - George Halas

Comment

• Completely agree with Pickford, Carter, and Kimmons needing more minutes, but I don't think Dahl can handle Krutwig. Krutwig is too quick/crafty, I'm fine with him not getting many minutes tonight.
                        To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

• Originally posted by sevelev711 View Post
                          Well that sucked. At large is probably gone, but still one game up in MVC standings, ISUb is the ultimate must win game.
                          Sevelev still trying to declare that at-large dead. You're too much. It's not.

Would like to see us continue to run our set the last 5 minutes of regulation and in OT. For some reason we don't.

Use AJ as a decoy and get Berhow and Spencer some shots. It it's not there come back to AJ.

Gutsy effort on the road.

Come back and get the trees and we're fine.
                          Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

• Originally posted by UNIAlum95 View Post

This doesn't seem like an at large killer. We do have to win at ISUb this week though.
                            When we lost to ISUr the sky was falling (I was included). They clawed back.

When we lost to SIU our at large hopes were gone (guilty again). They inched back again.

This time, I’m taking a wait and see approach. There are plenty of teams that are 10 spots below us in NET that are considered at large teams, and plenty of losses happening with teams in our vicinity. Just curious to see how many spots we fall after this one, thinking we can still inch our way back up from there.

Comment

• On a positive note, it’s really fun to watch a team that still has a chance when down double digits. Hasn’t always been the case. Now just need to figure out how to not get in that position in the first place.

Comment

• Mudra do you have the night off? It seems like you have been busy with that job and family for the last 6ish UNI games. I mean that is crazy that this is the one that you were able to watch. Also, AJ did not play the whole game last game or any game dating back to our last Loyola game. He has played somewhere between 32-37 minutes. But, you didn't say most of the game, you said the all 40 minutes. I am sure you made that mistake because you didn't watch those wins because you were working and with your family.

Comment

Working...
                                X