WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 26 - Loyola #2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That didn't hurt our at large chances at all. That win cements Loyola as a Quad 2. Just have to take care of business on Thursday.

We're still in fantastic shape to win the league outright.

The only disappointment is that it means we won't be ranked on Monday.

Get AJ stitched up and let's roll.
    #MACtion

Comment

• Winning on the road is so damn hard. Unfortunately that only matters if you play in the P5

Comment

• Hopefully AJ can be the AJ we love to see with his broken nose

Comment

• Not sure if AJ literally broke his nose (as opposed to having a blood nose and contusion), I have not seen a report one way or the other. But, I have broke mine twice in wrestling tournaments and it is not pleasant. At least in wrestling you can get by with minimal vision. I have to imagine a broken nose really impedes a person's vision when it comes to shooting. That was an impressive show of toughness to stay in the game and keep shooting.

Comment

• Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
            That didn't hurt our at large chances at all. That win cements Loyola as a Quad 2. Just have to take care of business on Thursday.

We're still in fantastic shape to win the league outright.

The only disappointment is that it means we won't be ranked on Monday.

Get AJ stitched up and let's roll.
            Loyola has a couple easy games coming up vs ISUr and MSU followed by a home game vs Drake. They finish the year at Bradley though. In terms of winning the Valley reg season title we may still be able to absorb 1 loss and still get the 1 seed. Of course another reg season loss probably takes us out of at-large consideration though.

Comment

• Originally posted by HellSloth View Post
              That was an impressive show of toughness to stay in the game and keep shooting.
              I do not disagree with this at all. However, I wonder if the coaches are second guessing whether they should have brought him back in immediately. It was only a one possession game at that point, so you could have sat him for a minute, settler him down, see how he was responding, then bring him back in to give a big emotional boost to the team.

Comment

• Ugh, the worst thing about this (ok maybe not the worst) is that we have to wait 5 days to get this taste out of our mouth on Thursday.

Comment

• If we were not a mid-major this wouldn’t hurt our at-large chances. But we are and it does. It absolutely does. C’mon ya’ll, think realistically about this. Were a mid-major who has a NET 200+ loss and only one quad one win. Our NET will now fall into the high 40s or low 50s. And remember...we have to lose again at least once to be in the at-large discussion. We aren’t in the Big Ten where they look for excuses to get you in. This absolutely hurts. We have no more room for error whatsoever.

Comment

• I think its time to put Ty back in the starting lineup. It feels like every game this team starts in a hole due to the other team getting wide open looks. I would prefer to see our best defensive group start the game and then bring Spencer in for some scoring. Earlier this week Horne lit him up and tonight Clemons went for a career high on him. Jake brings in Ty, Kimmons and Dahl to an offense struggling to score and then benches them when they don't score.

I think this was the most frustrating loss of the year. They didn't appear ready to play. They can't figure out how to take care of the basketball and the tougher team won. That was hard to watch.

Comment

• Minutes for the starters were 45, 45, 42, 42, 41. Pick, Dahl, and Kims played 3, 4, 3. There were mistakes (unforced TOs!), some of which may have just been fatigue. St. Louis, which is now most likely a must win, is 3 games in 3 days. I think we probably ought to develop the bench a little more.

Great fight tonight, though - after the first 10 minutes.

Comment

• Originally posted by UNIGrainer View Post
                        If we were not a mid-major this wouldn’t hurt our at-large chances. But we are and it does. It absolutely does. C’mon ya’ll, think realistically about this. Were a mid-major who has a NET 200+ loss and only one quad one win. Our NET will now fall into the high 40s or low 50s. And remember...we have to lose again at least once to be in the at-large discussion. We aren’t in the Big Ten where they look for excuses to get you in. This absolutely hurts. We have no more room for error whatsoever.
                        Exactly this. I ain't Mudra. I'm not actively wishing against UNI to get an at large. I will jump out of my chair if we get in. I just know the game. They'll take 14-12 Purdue over us even though we deserve/earned it way more. That's how it works. Mid Majors have to go above and beyond. This is not a system that plays fair.

Comment

• Ease off the breaks a bit. As I expected, we only dropped 4 spots in NET, to 39. I still think we're an at large team, but we probably have to finish 4-0, then get to Sunday in St Louis to stay in.
                          To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

• As far as OT, that was about as bad offensively as it gets. I'm fine with AJ taking the shots, but we tried nothing other than just give it to him and basically play 1 on 1 every possession. Again, we all know how capable AJ is, but you still need to run an offense
                            To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

• I actually think we could take a loss Thursday and in StL and still get in.

If Belmont is the standard from last year to get an at large as a mid major, we're golden. They didn't have a win anywhere near Colorado and had two losses in league play worse than Illinois State.

We're fine. I think last night helps to reinforce that we can't sleep walk the first 8 minutes every night. I expect a fantastic performance Thursday and there isn't possibly a better time to have an extra day.
                              #MACtion

Comment

• After a night of sleep I have come to except the loss, however
                                • i did not like our start to the game. Slow starts have been a trend
                                • I did not like our handling of the ball, which is a problem all year . 17 turnovers and the Panthers were still were able to get to OT. Protect the ball and “what could have been!”
                                • i did not like that we stopped getting the the ball inside to Austin who was 6-6
                                • i did not like that we did not substitute. Starting 5 played 41-45 minutes
                                • I did not like our offensive plane in OT
                                i did like the grit the Panthers played with as they worked their way back from a 16 point deficit

Once they took the lead I thought we were going to take control of the game

give credit to Coach Moser(who has Jakes number) and the Ramblers. They earned the win. Our chance at the Top 25 went out the window this season with that game, but regroup learn from the loss and win out the rest of the season. And make some noise at The Big Dance

Comment

Working...
                                X