WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 28 - Southern Illinois #2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game 28 - Southern Illinois #2

A win puts us on the brink of a regular season title. A loss puts us into a 3 or 4 way tie for first - can’t have that.

Hopefully a good crowd can help get the boys off to a good start.

Speaking of bringing a good crowd, I ended up with 4 extra tickets. Whole family was going to go and suddenly it’s just me. Section 101 row T, all together. Willing to sell all 4 for $20 combined. Would rather have them full of cheering Panther fans than go empty. PM me if interested.

Comment

Win out the home games and we're guaranteed (a share) of a regular season title and the one seed, which is looking to be waaaaaaay better than the two seed this year. I think it's fairly safe to say that SIU will be trickier than Evansville. Would really like to see Pickford in the starting lineup over Haldeman for the extra defense, don't want to make it, what five games in a row with the terrible starts? Close to a sellout crowd tomorrow, time to hold on. Let's keep that home streak rolling.

Comment

Get the one

The lower half of that bracket is going to be LOADED. Loyola, Bradley, Missouri State all likely on that side. Yikes.
        #MACtion

Comment

Find a way to win. Some way, any way. Too many what ifs and almosts this year. Protect the home court at all costs.

Comment

Southern is coming in with a chance to win and take possession of 1st place in the tie-breaker, we better be ready.
            Number of times on Sports Illustrated cover:
            Ben Jacobson coached teams = 2
            UNI teams coached by everyone ban thinks is better = 0

Comment

This year has been full of heart-breaking, joy-inducing, basketball fan trauma. I feel excited for the rest of this season but also cautiously hesitant about everything with this team right now. We haven't had a complete game in quite some time. Worst time of the year to go through a slump. Let's get out of it tomorrow and remember how to play basketball again.

Comment

UNI -10.5

Honestly, that feels about right.

Decent start and play from ahead.
                #MACtion

Comment

Just don't Farley it!

Comment

Originally posted by kochrab View Post
                    This year has been full of heart-breaking, joy-inducing, basketball fan trauma. I feel excited for the rest of this season but also cautiously hesitant about everything with this team right now. We haven't had a complete game in quite some time. Worst time of the year to go through a slump. Let's get out of it tomorrow and remember how to play basketball again.
                    On the bright side, we did take care of the ball better vs Indiana St. Hopefully the shots fall again. Seniors can't let it get away on Senior night.
                    To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

Someone please send the guys a friendly reminder the game starts at 1. Not 115, 145 or 230. Wouldn’t hurt to remind them the half is starting at the start of the 2nd half as well. That should take care of our issues.

Comment

A bit off topic of actual basketball, but why is this game being labeled as Senior Day when we still have another home game left later on in the week?

Comment

Originally posted by UNIChippewa View Post
                          A bit off topic of actual basketball, but why is this game being labeled as Senior Day when we still have another home game left later on in the week?
                          Because this crowd is going to be near sell-out on a weekend while the other game will be half capacity on a Wednesday night.

Comment

Now that's the start I've been wanting!

Comment

Phyfe doing some work on both ends of the court very early

Comment

Working...
                              X