WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

  • You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drake game

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Drake game

    Not the official game thread just an observation. I've gotten several emails from the AD and/or the Alumni office about this game. There is a promo to get tickets for $10. So I haven't been to our game at DU in a couple years and thought I might attend. Go to the drake ticket site and they say every ticket in the arena is sold (except one single seat) and only GA are available. As I recall GA has a partially obstructed view. Normally GA tickets are $10, but UNI is a premium game so they are $15. So the promo code just knocks the price back down to normal, except the code doesn't work. Not sure I want to spend $30 for an obstructed view of a game I can watch at home on ESPN2. If the arena is really sold out there must be several thousand UNI fans already attending, so they won't miss me cheering from the rafters too much. Last time I went to a UNI game there somebody gave me a ticket near half court about 6 rows up and the bowl was only about half full.
    GO PANTHERS!

  • #2
    The group ticket/ reduced ticket worked just fine for me. Use the web link: Draketix.com/promo Then enter UNI when prompted.

    Also, don’t miss the pregame at Johnny’s. Plenty of purple and free appetizers.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by FOTY View Post
      The group ticket/ reduced ticket worked just fine for me. Use the web link: Draketix.com/promo Then enter UNI when prompted.

      Also, don’t miss the pregame at Johnny’s. Plenty of purple and free appetizers.
      Johnny's as in Johnny's Hall of Fame downtown by the river?
      "Well, that escalated quickly."

      Comment


      • #4
        GA isn't all obstructed. The upper deck on the north side is all GA.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Waverly_Panther View Post
          GA isn't all obstructed. The upper deck on the north side is all GA.
          That's where we sat the last time we went there.
          "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

          Comment


          • #6
            In past years the section right behind the basket opposite the student section has been GA also. I have sat front row before with a GA ticket.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by ronfitch View Post

              Johnny's as in Johnny's Hall of Fame downtown by the river?
              Correct, it’s an official event. Alumni Assoc. if I remember correctly.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by SteinPizza View Post

                Correct, it’s an official event. Alumni Assoc. if I remember correctly.
                That was a fun place 30+ years ago, no idea it was still around. Pack it full, folks! (And tip your wait staff)
                "Well, that escalated quickly."

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by ronfitch View Post
                  Johnny's as in Johnny's Hall of Fame downtown by the river?
                  The Central Iowa Alumni Club is hosting the event which starts at 3:00. There will be some freebees (pompoms, beads, etc.) and free appetizers (while they last). If you make it, say hi to the guy hosting and thank the volunteers coordinating. They organize a number of events/activities in Central Iowa throughout the year.

                  Johnnys HOF is located at: 302 Court Ave, Des Moines, IA 50309. It is owned (at least in part) by a UNI alum.

                  Any questions, PM me.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by UNIAlum2010 View Post
                    In past years the section right behind the basket opposite the student section has been GA also. I have sat front row before with a GA ticket.
                    Be sure to check before you sit there. I believe these are ticketed sections for men's basketball this season.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      It’s officially a sellout!

                      That said, I’m short 1 ticket. Anyone have an extra available? Don’t care where.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        This is a JD game. We are going to miss JD next year when we face a team with a real big man like Robbins. Robbins was tough at the Mcleod Center. I'm hoping Phyfe and JD can handle him without needing to double team. Drake usually isn't a great offensive team if Robbins isn't leading the way.
                        "My role is to lead, plain and simple. . . .I with the help of my staff and our administration, we will lead." --Ben Jacobson

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Does anyone know if there is a gathering to watch this game in the Twin Cities?
                          "Well, that escalated quickly."

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by domedays View Post
                            This is a JD game. We are going to miss JD next year when we face a team with a real big man like Robbins. Robbins was tough at the Mcleod Center. I'm hoping Phyfe and JD can handle him without needing to double team. Drake usually isn't a great offensive team if Robbins isn't leading the way.
                            This is most definitely not a JD game. JD didn't play much vs them in CF because he couldn't guard Robbins at all. Robbins extends bigs out to the 3 point line. Phyfe isn't great out there, but JD can't guard out there.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Wxcpanther View Post

                              This is most definitely not a JD game. JD didn't play much vs them in CF because he couldn't guard Robbins at all. Robbins extends bigs out to the 3 point line. Phyfe isn't great out there, but JD can't guard out there.
                              Right. Robbins is too quick and too athletic for JD. You can't just say that JD plays when a team has a big man, it's not about a big man, it's about his athleticism and quickness. JD is only good against big guys who don't move well and can't extend.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X