WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 29 - Evansville #2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game 29 - Evansville #2

I have mixed feelings on this game tomorrow. On one hand, Evansville is the bottom feeder of the conference this year. On another hand, they've played much better over the last few games. If we play our game and they don't shoot like NBA superstars, we should be fine. I see this game going kind of like this: At the under 12 timeout score is 20-18 with UNI in the lead. At half we're up by 5-10. To end the game, barring no heroic shooting from Evansville, we should win by 15+. Let's get our bench some play time tomorrow and let AJ and the crew get some rest (unless there's a chance of our NET taking a shot).

I thought I heard that Williams will be back for this game. I don't know how much that will change things since he has been out for quite a while. Its really hard to be out that amount of time and come back firing on all cylinders.

Comment

Williams has played in their last 2 games.

It doesn't, and shouldn't, matter. Put the hammer down and finish undefeated at home.
      #MACtion

Comment

I think this will be relatively close. We still haven't been playing as well as we could be, and Evansville is going to be better than the last time. I'm not saying Evansville will win, and I'm not saying it's going to be a one point win, but I bet the spread is going to be like 15 points, and I'd expect Evansville to cover. Would be okay with a stress free game to prove me wrong, but it's been a "nothing easy" kind of year, a couple games not withstanding.

Comment

Evansville has lost 16 straight. If we're the team we think we are, we win by 20+. There's really no reason we shouldn't
          Last edited by CyCarp; 02-25-2020, 07:21 PM.
          To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

Originally posted by CyCarp View Post
            Evansville has lost 16 straight. If we're the team we think we are, we win by 20+. There's really no reason we shouldn't
            Duke lost tonight to Wake Forest. Anything is possible

Comment

Sure anything is possible, but we're 15 point favorites for a reason...
              To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

The biggest danger of this game, to me, is that Evansville has absolutely nothing to lose and we have everything to lose. That can cause surprises.

Comment

Uni -13.5
                  o/u 135

Comment

Originally posted by UNIGrainer View Post
                    The biggest danger of this game, to me, is that Evansville has absolutely nothing to lose and we have everything to lose. That can cause surprises.
                    We also have everything to gain. A conference championship, a possible at large bid if March Madness doesn't go as planned, true senior night, keeping that undefeated home record.

This isn't Jake's first rodeo. He knows what they have to do to win. There's a reason Evansville hasn't won a game in conference yet: They aren't very good.
                    "And immediately, (P'Allen Stinnett's) Facebook status was spouting vulgarities towards the university."

Comment

Originally posted by CincyPanther88 View Post

We also have everything to gain. A conference championship, a possible at large bid if March Madness doesn't go as planned, true senior night, keeping that undefeated home record.

This isn't Jake's first rodeo. He knows what they have to do to win. There's a reason Evansville hasn't won a game in conference yet: They aren't very good.
                      That is my point. We are playing for everything. They’re playing for nothing. The pressure is on us.

I’m not saying we are going to lose, I’m saying that is the biggest danger point here.

Comment

Mentally prepared for the Aces to have an unconscious shooting night

Comment

Clicking early on offense, but I don't love the defense right now, giving up too many shots close to the basket.

Comment

Both teams come out on fire. 75% for UNI and nearly 56% for Evansville. So far an entertaining offensive game.

Comment

Four fouls on UNI already and none for Evansville, don't like that.

Comment

Working...
                              X