WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 31: Drake | MVC Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game 31: Drake | MVC Tournament

Drake won 75-65 over ISUr. Didn't watch the game so I have no idea how well they played, but 75 points is respectable regardless. I have no doubt that Coach Jake will have the guys ready for tomorrow. Go Panthers!

Tomorrow is going to be rough on Drake. Short turnaround and UNI might be playing for the At-Large. Hope we run it up good and get starters a few minutes of rest.

Comment

Robinson was gassed numerous times in the game. It wasn't that fast paced, and ISU really didn't have anyone that could handle him one on one.

Drake will be tired in the second half if there is any sort of pace in the first half.

Comment

Win and win by a lot.

Comment

Start fast. Don't give them reason for hope and don't fuel their desperation for revenge.
          Get up by double digits early and they should fold.

Comment

Mini-shout out in the Warriors-Raptors game, Kevin Harlan talked a bit about Nick Nurse and said something to the effect of "You know he's looking forward to his Northern Iowa doing some damage in the tournament," before talking about some of his other history. So that's fun.

Also man do I hope we hear Harlan calling some UNI games in the next month. Need another legendary call from him, it's been a while.

Comment

Originally posted by sevelev711 View Post
              Mini-shout out in the Warriors-Raptors game, Kevin Harlan talked a bit about Nick Nurse and said something to the effect of "You know he's looking forward to his Northern Iowa doing some damage in the tournament," before talking about some of his other history. So that's fun.

Also man do I hope we hear Harlan calling some UNI games in the next month. Need another legendary call from him, it's been a while.
              I'm thinking he still does CBS college basketball so I'm hoping he will do the MVC championship game on Sunday 3/8

Comment

Originally posted by sevelev711 View Post

You'll get your wish. He and Dan Bonner have the Valley title game Sunday.
                #MACtion

Comment

I've got 4 All Sessions absolute for anybody that decided late to head down this way. Can meet you before our game. Not in I UNI section but I'm willing to work with you some.

PM me.
                  #MACtion

Comment

Ugh. This is by far the most stressful game of the weekend.

Most pressure on our players as well. Just win.

Comment

Play defense and we win by 6-10. Play defense and offense and we win by 15-20.

Comment

It looks like Anthony Murphy had a pretty solid game (17 points, 34 minutes of playing time). Hopefully him dogging AJ will wear him out and keep him from being a scorer.

Comment

Only about 40 minutes till game time. Can't wait!!

Comment

TV shows ESPN+ but it says it's not available in my area. Any insights?

Comment

Originally posted by dan_beeding View Post
                              TV shows ESPN+ but it says it's not available in my area. Any insights?
                              What's your area? In Iowa, it should be on Fox Sports Midwest and maybe NBC-Chicago.

Comment

Working...
                              X