WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 31: Drake | MVC Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by UNIChippewa View Post

Okay mods; time to step in and moderate here.

If the line about beating girlfriends doesn't earn a ban, then nothing will. End this!
    You literally just called someone a “sack of sh!t” and you want the mods to get involved?

Comment

• Ok I am really upset. I am no going to call players names and say insults but I have my opinion and I am not silent any more. Coach Jake has to go. His in game adjusts we’re not even there and other people have point out his substitutes. Not acceptable! I am also tired he barely will cross the state line in recruiting. There are many good players out there but Jake will not go after them they are too far away. Ten minutes without a score? Even my lazy cousin could coach a team to do that. Jake is out of his league and needs to go. I know some of you agree. I am really mad so I am sorry about this.

Comment

• Originally posted by CyCarp View Post
        Why did Jake take Phyfe out when it was a 2 point game and Robbins went to the bench? He's the guy who got us back in the game
        This times 100. It was my immediate thought when it happened. Obviously a million little things happen in a game that effect and outcome but this one stuck out to me the most.

I almost felt like at times Jake was trying to just survive and work in extra breaks due to the notion of going 3 in 3. Turns out you need to win for that to matter.

Comment

There's still a lot of basketball left to be played out. Unfortunately for us our next game is probably a couple of weeks away. But, I can see us with a 1-3 seed, probably with a chance to host a couple of home games.
          Lot of basketball to be played? Are you out of your mind? Jacobson has been on a dead sprint since the preseason until today in playing every game like a final 4 game trying to stack wins. Playing a fab 5 nearly 40 minutes per game including preseason and in blowout wins. Weirdest thing I’ve ever seen. Now, finally at the key stretch, we run out of gas and get steamrolled and completely and totally out coached by a former player and asst coach, a team we just beat by 30 at their place and made valley history with the first loss to an 8 seed in 30 years. We’ll be playing in the NIT after winning 25 games...after three straight yrs of not being above.500. And you come out and say...there is a lot of ball left.....for who?

The only thing left now is for Harris to kindly suggest we need to start playing for next year. The seniors need to be more in leadership roles and more time needs to go to the bench. But I can guarantee you that won’t happen as Jacobson doesn’t think like that. He’ll simply try to keep stacking meaningless wins

Comment

• I wonder what his record is for close games. Although you could not call the drake game a close one but it should be close not a drake blowout. It is bad but the Panthers do not even know how to do a press when they need to catch up and steal the ball. Plus they are too tired for a press because Jake will no play his bench. How does he lose the game?! Aaaaaargh!

Comment

• Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
              I've got 4 All Sessions absolute for anybody that decided late to head down this way. Can meet you before our game. Not in I UNI section but I'm willing to work with you some.

PM me.
              I will take those tickets please

Comment

• Im stuck watching all these God damn games. Flight not til Sunday night.

Comment

• Originally posted by UNI MadCat View Post

You literally just called someone a “sack of sh!t” and you want the mods to get involved?
                  Yep. I own it. He got under my skin and got the reaction he probably desired.

In hindsight, it would have been better for me to ignore him, and then put him on ignore (which I did later on), and then forget about him.

But I do not feel bad about, nor will I apologize for, laying into a loser troll who insulted the character of our team.
                  Last edited by UNIChippewa; 03-06-2020, 10:42 PM.

Comment

• I, like most college basketball fans, do not care about the NIT... with or without the Panthers.

Comment

• Originally posted by uni1988 View Post
                      I, like most college basketball fans, do not care about the NIT... with or without the Panthers.
                      It’s like having the NFL non playoff teams playing scrimmages.

complete waste of time. It amazes me it survives financially.
                      Last edited by run&blade; 03-07-2020, 05:43 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by uni1988 View Post
                        I, like most college basketball fans, do not care about the NIT... with or without the Panthers.
                        Well, okay then.

Comment

• Originally posted by run&blade View Post

It’s like having the NFL non playoff teams playing scrimmages.

complete waste of time. It amazes me it survives financially.
                          Annnnnd, here you go. Back to not really being much of a fan, and more of just a really annoying, always negative psuedo troll. I guess it was only a matter of time.

Comment

Annnnnd, here you go. Back to not really being much of a fan, and more of just a really annoying, always negative psuedo troll. I guess it was only a matter of time.
                            You want to climb a mountain and chant NIT !! NIT !!

pick a nice tall one.

I guess only real fans pleasure themselves over the games against Coe and Wartburg also.

Your definition of a real fan IMO sucks butt.

maybe the mods can have “ only real fans section “. Every loss can be based on bad luck, the refs, the phase of the moon, and nothing the coaches could do.
                            Last edited by run&blade; 03-07-2020, 06:14 AM.

Comment

• Wow, nobody wanted the NIT or is acting like it's a great thing, but it's still a good tournament. We'll likely get at least 1 home game, maybe 3, just enjoy a little more basketball. If we can get to MSG, it would be a nice experience for the guys.
                              To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

• Originally posted by run&blade View Post

You want to climb a mountain and chant NIT !! NIT !!

pick a nice tall one.

I guess only real fans pleasure themselves over the games against Coe and Wartburg also.

Your definition of a real fan IMO sucks butt.

maybe the mods can have “ only real fans section “. Every loss can be based on bad luck, the refs, the phase of the moon, and nothing the coaches could do.
                                Why are you on this site R&B? You're really not much of a fan; even during our best seasons you whined and complained more than anything else.

I don't think you're dumb, but I also don't think you know that much more about basketball than anyone else on here.

Based on how you behave and what you write on here, even during our best seasons, it's really not that unfair of me to call you out.
                                Last edited by UNIChippewa; 03-07-2020, 09:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X