WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 31: Drake | MVC Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MNpanthers View Post
    Ignore the trolls and they will go away.

I wasn't impressed with the press conference. Jake basically said Drake just played good basketball. He didn't see anything in particular we were doing differently compare to last time, just missed some opportunities...

That story just doesn't add up to a blowout against an inferior team. I get if he's trying to protect the players but I wish he'd own his own mistakes too.
    I just checked out Barttorvik.com.

Last week against the same Drake team was one of our best games of the season with a game score of 99, which means we would have beaten 99% of the teams who played last Saturday.

Today, less than a week later against the same Drake team our game score is 5, which, as you might guess, means we would have beaten 5% of the teams who have played so far today.

Until today our losses were by a total of 25 points; today we lost by 21 points.

Just completely inexplicable.

Comment

• Originally posted by unipanther2154 View Post
      I know this seems simple, but if you just ignore dumb posts from ppl who clearly haven’t been around, they’ll go away. That or they at least won’t get the satisfaction of getting some ppl up in arms over their comments.

key players didn’t show up today. Idk what jakes supposed to do when Isaiah can’t make a 3 and berhow disappears. The kids **** the bed, it sucks. Drake shot very good today and caught us on a bad day. It’s not like our bench has so much depth you just bench all the starters and go with them. I’m not saying coach couldn’t have done anything different but if guys don’t show up and perform he can’t do much.
      Yeah, you're absolutely right in the first paragraph.

I just have serious issues with people whose lives are so miserable and pathetic that they have nothing better to do than register for and get a handle to try and destroy a team after its worst loss of the season. For as much as I can't stand Mudra, at least he's been around for a while.

It just sucks that we played so poorly today, at the worst possible time of the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by UNIChippewa View Post

I just have serious issues with people whose lives are so miserable and pathetic that they have nothing better to do than register for and get a handle to try and destroy a team after its worst loss of the season. For as much as I can't stand Mudra, at least he's been around for a while.

It just sucks that we played so poorly today, at the worst possible time of the season.
        That’s not bad luck.

It’s not like the team rolled snake eyes. They knew today was a must win and they got humiliated.

Comment

• Originally posted by MNpanthers View Post
          Ignore the trolls and they will go away.

I wasn't impressed with the press conference. Jake basically said Drake just played good basketball. He didn't see anything in particular we were doing differently compare to last time, just missed some opportunities...

That story just doesn't add up to a blowout against an inferior team. I get if he's trying to protect the players but I wish he'd own his own mistakes too.
          Was Jake asked if he made any defensive adjustments on Roman Penn in the second half? He was the difference for Drake.

Comment

• Typically they make teams like us a 4 or 5 seed in the NIT.

Comment

• Originally posted by SteinPizza View Post

Was Jake asked if he made any defensive adjustments on Roman Penn in the second half? He was the difference for Drake.
              We only scored 56 points. Yes, the D wasn't great, but if we get a lead when we cut the deficit to 2, the rest of the game is completely different. We had multiple possessions and couldn't score to save our lives.
              To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

• Originally posted by UNIGrainer View Post
                Typically they make teams like us a 4 or 5 seed in the NIT.
                There's still a lot of basketball left to be played out. Unfortunately for us our next game is probably a couple of weeks away. But, I can see us with a 1-3 seed, probably with a chance to host a couple of home games.

Comment

There's still a lot of basketball left to be played out. Unfortunately for us our next game is probably a couple of weeks away. But, I can see us with a 1-3 seed, probably with a chance to host a couple of home games.
                  Thinking about it more we’ll be a 2 hosting NDSU. Heard it here first.

Comment

• Originally posted by UNIGrainer View Post

If you hate UNI so much then stop wasting your time man.
                    Your definition of hate and mine are different. Same for passion and same for support. I don’t tell you how you are supposed to be but somehow it’s ok for a bunch on here to do it the other way. Hmm. Sounds like what is going on in our world today in politics. Ironic isn’t it? The supposed more tolerant bunch are the ones with the least amount

Comment

• Originally posted by SteinPizza View Post

No, the questions weren't great honestly. You can watch it on the MVC basketball Twitter.

A couple people asked what changed after last week, someone asked Phyfe about getting the momentum back at the beginning of the 2nd half, they asked AJ if he was having a hard time getting open and then they asked Coach about at large chances

Comment

• I'm disappointed but I shall look on the bright side. We're guaranteed an NIT spot and hopefully they come out motivated to play and win it.

Comment

• Originally posted by unipanther2154 View Post
                          I know this seems simple, but if you just ignore dumb posts from ppl who clearly haven’t been around, they’ll go away. That or they at least won’t get the satisfaction of getting some ppl up in arms over their comments.

key players didn’t show up today. Idk what jakes supposed to do when Isaiah can’t make a 3 and berhow disappears. The kids **** the bed, it sucks. Drake shot very good today and caught us on a bad day. It’s not like our bench has so much depth you just bench all the starters and go with them. I’m not saying coach couldn’t have done anything different but if guys don’t show up and perform he can’t do much.
                          You don’t know what to do when players don’t show up? You really don’t know this answer? Don’t feel bad because that makes two of you as Jacobson is the other. Here is one solid move. You take him out of the damn game! How difficult is that? But Jacobson hasn’t developed a bench all season so that’s on him. I’m not sure what goes into a coach of the year award but developing a team of more than 5-6 players would be one trait. Being able to score inside and out is another and making in game adjustments when things going well is another. None of those things happened this year. In reality, he had an upperclass team with green that he cut loose at pg. There wasn’t a high degree of coaching...relatively speaking. So when adversity came at different points this year, they didn’t know what to do..including the coach. With less experience next year and next to zero investment made with the bench, I’m not optimistic about next year. I feel he really underachieved with this bunch. It didn’t have to be

Comment

• Originally posted by Mudrafan View Post

Your definition of hate and mine are different. Same for passion and same for support. I don’t tell you how you are supposed to be but somehow it’s ok for a bunch on here to do it the other way. Hmm. Sounds like what is going on in our world today in politics. Ironic isn’t it? The supposed more tolerant bunch are the ones with the least amount
                            Somehow you took it to a new level of stupid by bringing politics into it.

Comment

I’ve been around since the early days of the board. How about you?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mudrafan View Post

I’ve been around since the early days of the board. How about you?
                                *Hes been here for every L since 2006.

Comment

Working...
                                X