WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*2020 offseason thread*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sevelev711
    replied
    You know this could be seen as cute if the last game we played wasn't a 20 point loss as the one seed to an in-state team currently in free fall.

Leave a comment:

• ronfitch
    replied
    Originally posted by sevelev711 View Post

Essentially the UNI Basketball twitter account has decided that they want to try to do some roleplay, and rather than keep it in the random, private Discord server where it belongs, they decided they want to share their sessions to the world. In this roleplay, UNI has stumbled yet rumbled their way to the national title game, following many close games and heroic efforts. Which is certainly an erotic, spicy thought, but usually you keep those thoughts to you and the person on the other end of the chat window, you don't put them on the team twitter account. And you especially don't make a vague, "something cool is happening" announcement of it, because then people get excited about things, like, "Maybe it's the hyped transfer, maybe it's a great future game, maybe it's a center scoreboard, etc."

The silver lining is that no one in the world seems to care about this, which is the opposite of what they wanted when they came up with this idea, but ultimately will end up being better for all.
    I don't have ten characters to add ...

Leave a comment:

• orangetennis
    replied
    Originally posted by sevelev711 View Post

Essentially the UNI Basketball twitter account has decided that they want to try to do some roleplay, and rather than keep it in the random, private Discord server where it belongs, they decided they want to share their sessions to the world. In this roleplay, UNI has stumbled yet rumbled their way to the national title game, following many close games and heroic efforts. Which is certainly an erotic, spicy thought, but usually you keep those thoughts to you and the person on the other end of the chat window, you don't put them on the team twitter account. And you especially don't make a vague, "something cool is happening" announcement of it, because then people get excited about things, like, "Maybe it's the hyped transfer, maybe it's a great future game, maybe it's a center scoreboard, etc."

The silver lining is that no one in the world seems to care about this, which is the opposite of what they wanted when they came up with this idea, but ultimately will end up being better for all.
    ...maybe it's something happening in...in...in reality?

Leave a comment:

• clenz
    replied
    and posting normal game day graphics for it now...so...we are going to see a live tweet fake national title game tonight

Gross all around

Leave a comment:

• sevelev711
    replied
    Originally posted by orangetennis View Post
    For those of us who haven't tuned in, do I dare ask what the announcement was???

Leave a comment:

• Neighbor
    replied
    For those of us who haven't tuned in, do I dare ask what the announcement was???
    The dumbest stunt ever, since invention of the internet.

I can't believe anyone would approve of such nonsense

Leave a comment:

• DownGoesKansas
    replied
    I wouldn't lol

It wasn't even an announcement.

Leave a comment:

• orangetennis
    replied

Leave a comment:

• sevelev711
    replied
    You know, the word "embarrassing" gets thrown around too often in sports. Embarrassing should be reserved for moments like this. Because this is embarrassing.

Leave a comment:

• DownGoesKansas
    replied
    Originally posted by sivert View Post

Wait - is it the imagined national championship game? is that the big announcement?
    Yep, I was fully prepared for very dumb. Just not this level.

Leave a comment:

• clenz
    replied
    Please....don't do it.

That is just...

I don't know who came up with the idea, but they need a time out from having ideas for a while

Leave a comment:

• MNpanthers
    replied
    Originally posted by sivert View Post

Wait - is it the imagined national championship game? is that the big announcement?
    Looks that way, I figured it would be underwhelming but this is much worse than my lowest expectation

Leave a comment:

• sivert
    replied
    Originally posted by DownGoesKansas View Post
    Ok the bid announcement was way, way dumber than I thought.

Leave a comment:

• DownGoesKansas
    replied
    Ok the bid announcement was way, way dumber than I thought.

Leave a comment:

• BCPanther
    replied
    Originally posted by UNI Ka-Bullseye View Post

Would this happen in an environment where ISU just announced a pay cut to Prohm, Campbell, and other highly paid athletic dept staff amid budget shortfall? Would seem even if budget cuts are not needed now, they may want to save it for a rainy day, just in case. Then again, if funds were donated specifically for such a purpose...

Larger question (since we’ll know soon enough what the announcement actually is): how much has all the shutdown financially affected UNI athletics? On one hand, the MVC got their men’s tourney in, and fewer MVC teams in NCAA and at times early exits means we missed out on less $ than other conferences by having the big dance canceled (take that, P5). Yet, our overall budgets are smaller so those shares may still be a decent percentage. Does anybody have any insight on all of this?
    David was on Cole's show sometime last week and early projections say we're going to lose about $700k at this point. We offset a lot of the revenue losses because we don't have any of the travel expenses from the non-revenue spring sports. He said its a financial blow of course but one that we can absorb without any drastic action right now.

The rubber only starts to hit the road if we lose football. There's some hard choices to be made if we lose ticket revenue and that $650k check from Iowa.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X