WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*2020 offseason thread*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sevelev711 View Post
    I can definitely see a future highlight of Born boxing out Krutwig for a rebound, a la Curry boxing out Dwight Howard.
    And getting called for undercutting...

Comment

• Originally posted by SteinPizza View Post

Good info. Liking what he’s saying about the younger guys. It would be nice to see Henry work his way in to the rotation at the 5.
      Jake also sounded confident that we'd find a multi school event to add to the schedule around Thanksgiving time. He also said a few of the players tested positive for covid over the summer but no serious complications.

Comment

• I liked these quotes from Coach Jake about AJ:

“ he’s better than he was a year ago at this time by quite a ways”

“his determination to be the best player in our league, to be an All-American, to lead our team to a national championship; his determination and motivation to do that, is off the charts.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Schack View Post

I liked these quotes from Coach Jake about AJ:

“ he’s better than he was a year ago at this time by quite a ways”

“his determination to be the best player in our league, to be an All-American, to lead our team to a national championship; his determination and motivation to do that, is off the charts.”
          I agree. Those are significant quotes. Specifically, I like the idea that he's adding some arch to his shot. I don't know how hard it is to change something like that, but here's an interesting article on 3pt shooting... http://www.sloansportsconference.com...17/02/1505.pdf

Comment

• The Athletic has a decent write-up on AJ from the 16th of September ranking him as the 20th most intriguing player for the 2020-21 season. It just talked about his scoring pace and where he'd rank all-time in the MVC when it's all said and done. If he matches his first two years of production he'll pass Doug McDermott for fourth all-time. Currently he's just outside the top 125 in the Valley.

MVC All-Time Scoring Leaders
            1. Hersey Hawkins (Bradley) - 2,569
            2. D.J. Ballentine (Evansville) - 2,464
            3. Colt Ryan (Evansville) - 2,279
            4. Doug McDermott (Creighton) - 2,216
            5. Rodney Buford (Creighton) - 2,116

UNI Notables *There may be more between the top 125 and AJ, I didn't verify*
            20. Ben Jacobson - 1,787
            24. Seth Tuttle - 1,747
            26. Jason Daisy - 1,721
            51. Eric Coleman - 1,522
            69. Robbie Sieverding - 1,402
            80. Kwadzo Ahelegbe - 1,329
            90. Anthony James - 1,305
            111. Grant Stout - 1,232
            117. Jeremy Morgan - 1,218
            120. Deon Mitchell - 1,200
            121. Cam Johnson - 1,195
            T124. Adam Koch - 1,186
            A.J. Green - 1,119

Comment

• Originally posted by DecadePanther View Post
              The Athletic has a decent write-up on AJ from the 16th of September ranking him as the 20th most intriguing player for the 2020-21 season. It just talked about his scoring pace and where he'd rank all-time in the MVC when it's all said and done. If he matches his first two years of production he'll pass Doug McDermott for fourth all-time. Currently he's just outside the top 125 in the Valley.

MVC All-Time Scoring Leaders
              1. Hersey Hawkins (Bradley) - 2,569
              2. D.J. Ballentine (Evansville) - 2,464
              3. Colt Ryan (Evansville) - 2,279
              4. Doug McDermott (Creighton) - 2,216
              5. Rodney Buford (Creighton) - 2,116

UNI Notables *There may be more between the top 125 and AJ, I didn't verify*
              20. Ben Jacobson - 1,787
              24. Seth Tuttle - 1,747
              26. Jason Daisy - 1,721
              51. Eric Coleman - 1,522
              69. Robbie Sieverding - 1,402
              80. Kwadzo Ahelegbe - 1,329
              90. Anthony James - 1,305
              111. Grant Stout - 1,232
              117. Jeremy Morgan - 1,218
              120. Deon Mitchell - 1,200
              121. Cam Johnson - 1,195
              T124. Adam Koch - 1,186
              A.J. Green - 1,119
              Don't think it will happen as we will likely play fewer games in the regular season this year. He'd have to up his scoring average. To think that Hawkins put his numbers up in 25 game seasons.
              Number of times on Sports Illustrated cover:
              Ben Jacobson coached teams = 2
              UNI teams coached by everyone ban thinks is better = 0

Comment

• Three-Man-Weave has posted their MVC preview. Has Loyola as #1.

Comment

• I mean, I'll be a homer and pick us. But I can't blame an outside party for picking the #2 team that split the season series with us and returns their top 5 scorers. It's going to be a battle this year because Krutwig and Williamson are not leaving the MVC without a fight

Comment

• Wichita State forward Shaq Morris told Stadium that he was punched twice by coach Gregg Marshall during a 2015 practice. Marshall also allegedly choked assistant coach Kyle Lindsted during the 2016-17 season, three eyewitnesses told Stadium.
                    Amazing. I think the only thing surprising about this is how unsurprising this is.

https://watchstadium.com/sources-wic...nt-10-08-2020/

Comment

• Bye bye, you piece of human garbage!

Comment

• Tucker DeVries commits to Drake. Huge get for the Bulldogs, but obviously great for the conference as well. The MVC needs all the guys like this it can get.

Comment

• There has to be more to this, but per Jeff Goodman. Seems odd that if the season goes through fairly smoothly, everybody would get another year, but that's what it sounds like.

D-1 Council has voted in favor of giving additional year of eligibility to winter athletes, source told @Stadium. Won’t be official until close of tomorrow’s meeting since it could still be brought back for reconsideration.
                          To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

• ...but why?

Comment

• Originally posted by sevelev711 View Post
                              ...but why?
                              I can kind of see it. Lost postseason last year and this year will likely be messed up for many teams. If this is the case, I'd imagine nobody redshirts. I don't see the benefit of it, when everybody gets an extra year anyway. If guys take the extra year, the scholarship situation in future years might be a bit of a headache.
                              Last edited by CyCarp; 10-14-2020, 12:08 PM.
                              To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

• Our incoming 3 would be a good class to have for 5 years!

Comment

Working...
                                X