WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

  • You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*2020 offseason thread*

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Only thing I can think of is that they're anticipating that the upcoming fall/winter COVID surge will be so massive that it's gonna force them to cancel the season. But tbh I can't imagine them doing that no matter how bad it gets. They need that March Madness money.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by sevelev711 View Post
      ...but why?
      Positive tests will undoubtedly cancel dozens of contests. Some teams may have 10 or 15 game seasons if not careful enough and I bet some are in quarantine during tournament time and forced to miss postseason for a second year. I doubt the season gets cancelled but it could get pretty weird.

      Comment


      • Did Goanar apply for a waiver? I got the impression he wanted to sit out to get healthy but now he could play without losing a year.....

        Comment


        • Originally posted by DownGoesKansas View Post
          Did Goanar apply for a waiver? I got the impression he wanted to sit out to get healthy but now he could play without losing a year.....
          Coach Jake was quoted in a recent interview with Rima confirming he'd red shirt this year. But I wonder if the vote on an additional year of eligibility could change that.
          Last edited by orangetennis; 10-15-2020, 06:06 PM.

          Comment


          • I think you get the waiver so you have the option if injury forces it. If Ty or Trae were to be down for a few weeks, he'd be a really nice insurance policy.
            #MACtion

            Comment


            • Has anyone seen a schedule for the tournament in Nebraska? Will fans be at these games?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by 1994grad View Post
                Has anyone seen a schedule for the tournament in Nebraska? Will fans be at these games?
                Supposedly the 11 teams below are confirmed right now, but details seem sketchy. I saw an interview last week where Jake said he was hoping pairing would be out by the end of the week. He also said UNIs participation isn't 100%, but depends how quality the games are (maybe he was just using that as a tool to get good matchups?). Back on 10/9, Jon Rothstein tweeted that Western Kentucky was guaranteed a game against LSU. It seems like a bit of a mess, hopefully more info comes out soon.

                Nebraska
                LSU
                Oklahoma State
                UNI
                Cleveland State
                Illinois State
                Western Kentucky
                Nevada
                USF
                Colorado State
                Saint Louis
                To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by CyCarp View Post

                  Supposedly the 11 teams below are confirmed right now, but details seem sketchy. I saw an interview last week where Jake said he was hoping pairing would be out by the end of the week. He also said UNIs participation isn't 100%, but depends how quality the games are (maybe he was just using that as a tool to get good matchups?). Back on 10/9, Jon Rothstein tweeted that Western Kentucky was guaranteed a game against LSU. It seems like a bit of a mess, hopefully more info comes out soon.

                  Nebraska
                  LSU
                  Oklahoma State
                  UNI
                  Cleveland State
                  Illinois State
                  Western Kentucky
                  Nevada
                  USF
                  Colorado State
                  Saint Louis
                  Do you have a link to that interview?

                  Comment


                  • Yep, a pretty good write-up from Nick Petaros on Valley Media Day last week...
                    ​​​​​​https://wcfcourier.com/sports/colleg...ign=user-share
                    To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by CyCarp View Post
                      Yep, a pretty good write-up from Nick Petaros on Valley Media Day last week...
                      ​​​​​​https://wcfcourier.com/sports/colleg...ign=user-share
                      "Depending on whether UNI plays two or three games in Lincoln, Jacobson would like to schedule the remaining three or four nonconference games inside the McLeod Center."
                      ...I thought this was supposed to be a 4 game event?
                      Last edited by orangetennis; 10-20-2020, 07:27 PM.

                      Comment


                      • That's a good question. I've seen tweets (below) that Western Kentucky was only playing 2, and Illinois St plans to play 4, although only 2 are technically part of the MTE. It's all over the place.

                        https://twitter.com/MattNorlander/st...988149249?s=19
                        Clarity: Western Kentucky is going to get two games in at Nebraska, including against LSU (@JonRothstein had that detail) and then it will get three games in for Louisville’s event, but that won’t be an MTE. This is only important because teams are only allowed one MTE event.

                        https://twitter.com/Pg_Benson/status...079883777?s=19
                        Talked with Illinois State HC Dan Muller today. Touched on variety of topics that will be in story shortly. Biggest thing was Redbirds will play 4 games in Nebraska "bubble," 2 in MTE and 2 regular-season games. He anticipates ISU schedule release within a week.
                        To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X